FEH Revenue Drop!!!

XRay

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

- The summoning pool keeps getting more and more bloated...why are units such as Raigh and Est STILL in 3* AND 4* rarity?

Probably in order for the summoning pool to remain bloated. One could argue IS has a lot of reason to make summoning as inconvenient as possible. A player getting all those Raigh is a player that isn't getting something he wants. A player that isn't getting what he wants is more likely to pay money. 

This can also annoy people or turn them off the game entirely but those people likely aren't the true target audience anyway. Players can leave in droves and the whales will just pick up the slack. I've heard it said that ''whales'' usually comprise about 90% of the income that a gatcha game gets. If they'll just abuse those whales long enough they will get their money anyway. 

I'm happy that Nintendo is failing in the mobile gaming side to be honest. Gives them more incentive to put all their effort and investment in actual quality console games than heavy monetisation mobile games.

It's no surprise that Fire Emblem Heroes is also starting to drop off. Heroes started off extremely promising and different from other mobile competitors, developers used to be very transparent with the playerbase, addressed concerns and implemented solutions and QoL changes that players wanted. But now, everything they do is shrouded in mystery, every implementation is exactly the opposite of what players want and unhealthy for the game in the long run, and we hardly hear anything from the developers.

I have Animal Crossing: New Horizons soon so there's even less incentive for me to play this game regularly now..

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ok, to those saying not enough fanservice. How? Every book introduces a slew of new female OCs for fanservice, we get two summer banners dedicated to it too, (hideous) playboy bunny outfits every year, bridal banner every year, and this year we even got a hot springs banner. We also get characters that recieve touch ups to make them even more fanservicey than they were before. How is that not enough fanservice? Unless you want every character to be introduced with radical redesign from their original, I think alts already do plenty to satisfy fanservice.

Not even remotely close to enough fanservice. FEH’s designs are incredibly tame and conservative compared to other gachas. Characters like Camilla, Tharja and Loki are downright conservative compared to characters in FGO for example.

Edited by Water Mage

36 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

pretty much this honestly. Once you have like a couple good well balanced teams, there really is no reason to summon for any new ones unless there's a skill you want or one of your faves is on the banner

Also this. This is why seasonal alts are a thing in the first place. People like anime titties and that's just a fact. I think book 4 is a step in the right direction. I mean just look at Plumeria's design. I don't even know why she bothers to even wear clothes at that point

Not everyone likes anime titties, at least not exclusively.  The overwhelmingly female lopsidedness of the seasonal banners has always been a huge source of annoyance for me, and I stopped spending money on this game several months ago, that being a chief reason.

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ok, to those saying not enough fanservice. How? Every book introduces a slew of new female OCs for fanservice, we get two summer banners dedicated to it too, (hideous) playboy bunny outfits every year, bridal banner every year, and this year we even got a hot springs banner. We also get characters that recieve touch ups to make them even more fanservicey than they were before. How is that not enough fanservice? Unless you want every character to be introduced with radical redesign from their original, I think alts already do plenty to satisfy fanservice.

That's part of the problem, they're releasing way too many female OCs and hardly any male OCs, and just making everything waifu bait alienates fans who don't just want waifus.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Not everyone likes anime titties, at least not exclusively.  The overwhelmingly female lopsidedness of the seasonal banners has always been a huge source of annoyance for me, and I stopped spending money on this game several months ago, that being a chief reason.

That's part of the problem, they're releasing way too many female OCs and hardly any male OCs, and just making everything waifu bait alienates fans who don't just want waifus.

Trust me, you are severely underestimate how much female characters sell. Fanservice is a big deal in gacha, and big anime tiddies is what 90% of the playerbase of most gachas want.

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Trust me, you are severely underestimate how much female characters sell. Fanservice is a big deal in gacha, and big anime tiddies is what 90% of the playerbase of most gachas want.

Using hyperbole when it is not necessary or even warranted is what makes arguments drag on.

Grand Order's popular characters are literally all over the place, ranging from Shuten Douji to Napoleon. Fanservice comes in way more flavors than big anime tiddies.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Probably in order for the summoning pool to remain bloated. One could argue IS has a lot of reason to make summoning as inconvenient as possible. A player getting all those Raigh is a player that isn't getting something he wants. A player that isn't getting what he wants is more likely to pay money. 

This can also annoy people or turn them off the game entirely but those people likely aren't the true target audience anyway. Players can leave in droves and the whales will just pick up the slack. I've heard it said that ''whales'' usually comprise about 90% of the income that a gatcha game gets. If they'll just abuse those whales long enough they will get their money anyway. 

In general, "what the player wants" is the 5* pool, so the contents of the 3* and 4* pools don't affect that as long as the 3* and 4* rate are the same. Taking old common units out of the summoning pool wouldn't make focus units show up more easily, it would just make newer common units show up more easily.

It would mean they'd have to find some other way to make them available, though, and they don't seem interested in alternate-currency summoning. They could restrict them to rerun banners, though, like they did with Book 1 5*s.

Personally, I don't really care either way.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh believe me, I'm not arguing for more. I myself feel alienated from that and I've seen others express concerns about it too which why it baffles me how some could argue that there's not enough.

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Not even remotely close to enough fanservice. FEH’s designs are incredibly tame and conservative compared to other gachas. Characters like Camilla, Tharja and Loki are downright conservative compared to characters in FGO for example.

Ok but even among those that play for waifus I'm sure that not everyone likes border line hentai designs. Everyone has different tastes. Also, by adding more you would you just alienate more people that don't and those who want fanservice only are probably long gone anyway and shouldn't really be looking at a Nintendo owned game for it anyway since their the last company who you should expect sexual fanservice from.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Using hyperbole when it is not necessary or even warranted is what makes arguments drag on.

Grand Order's popular characters are literally all over the place, ranging from Shuten Douji to Napoleon. Fanservice comes in way more flavors than big anime tiddies.

I admit did exaggerate, and I also believe one of the reason for Grand Order’s success is because it caters to both male and female audiences.

My point is that excessive fanservice, especially of female characters, is the what makes money for most gachas.

Just now, Water Mage said:

I admit did exaggerate, and I also believe one of the reason for Grand Order’s success is because it caters to both male and female audiences.

My point is that excessive fanservice, especially of female characters, is the what makes money for most gachas.

Depends on the audience. But yeah we havent even got much Husbando Material either (with some few exeption)

I think the problem with the fanservice in feh right now is the lack of diversity. There are only like three types of fanservice in feh. Sweet Loli, Big tiddie onee-chan, and kuudere. Like there’s not a whole lot of variety in archetype or design to cater to everyone. I mean the lack of any proper tsundere character alt astounds considering how popular the archetype is. Like really most of the girls are of the genki or deredere variety which is fine but I’d like a little more variety

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

They've been adding several female OCs every book, while for males, it's pretty much just Alfonse.  Bruno seems to have been forgotten, and I have no idea what's going on with Book 4.

There's plenty of women who play FEH, just looking at the posters here, there's plenty of female users, but we aren't exactly being catered to.

16 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

there are some thirsty guys out there, who undoubtedly spend money on a png file they could just find online

___

doesn't really surprise me me that much how FEH is doing, except after the first year or so when it was more of a novelty that it being one of Nintendo's first mobile games and it was really a free game to play

player bases tend to grow and shrink with a lot of variance for many different reasons, what most game companies care about is both attraction and retention to their game, since we really don't know the average lifespan of a FEH player since it's still kind of a young game. I'm beginning to feel like FEH is reaching a point where they care more about keeping the recurring players than attracting new ones since older players have so much more of and advantage over the new ones, FEH is becoming less accessible to new players for 2 reasons, complexity of the game and scarcity or resources for newer players

Edited by Captain Karnage

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

I think the problem with the fanservice in feh right now is the lack of diversity. There are only like three types of fanservice in feh. Sweet Loli, Big tiddie onee-chan, and kuudere. Like there’s not a whole lot of variety in archetype or design to cater to everyone. I mean the lack of any proper tsundere character alt astounds considering how popular the archetype is. Like really most of the girls are of the genki or deredere variety which is fine but I’d like a little more variety

Takumi is a tsundere with enough alts to form his very own team. He just happens to be a boy. 

10 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh believe me, I'm not arguing for more. I myself feel alienated from that and I've seen others express concerns about it too which why it baffles me how some could argue that there's not enough.

Ok but even among those that play for waifus I'm sure that not everyone likes border line hentai designs. Everyone has different tastes. Also, by adding more you would you just alienate more people that don't and those who want fanservice only are probably long gone anyway and shouldn't really be looking at a Nintendo owned game for it anyway since their the last company who you should expect sexual fanservice from.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They've been adding several female OCs every book, while for males, it's pretty much just Alfonse.  Bruno seems to have been forgotten, and I have no idea what's going on with Book 4.

There's plenty of women who play FEH, just looking at the posters here, there's plenty of female users, but we aren't exactly being catered to.

Let me explain myself a bit better, I know that not everyone likes those borderline hentai designs, but those that like those borderline hentai designs are the ones willing to spend money. There are legendary stories of how much money people wasted to get a character in gachas, especially in FGO. 

Edited by Water Mage

It's worth mentioning that FGO isn't being carried by fanservice alone. It's a well balanced game with a very detailed story and no toxic pvp elements with bunch of different currencies that they give out scarcely. Fanservice by itself only goes so far.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Let me explain myself a bit better, I know that not everyone likes those borderline hentai designs, but those that like those borderline hentai designs are the ones willing to spend money. There are legendary stories of how much money people wasted to get a character in gachas, especially in FGO. 

The only legendary story I remember was summer Zooey in GBF which is what got Cygames to implement their sparking system. I've yet to hear any sort of ridiculous tales from FGO

Edit: I think I might be mixing up two different GBF stories together but point still stands.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Takumi is a tsundere with enough alts to form his very own team. He just happens to be a boy. 

Well barring my own bias for a moment then, there aren't alts of Ojou-samas, Himederes, Dandere(though Bernie's popularity is likely to change that), etc. Most of the girls we have are genki girls, Genki lolis, and onee-chan. A little variety would be nice. Where's my maribelle alt damnit!!

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

There are legendary stories of how much money people wasted to get a character in gachas, especially in FGO.

There's also the fact that on average it costs about twice as much money worth of premium currency to get a banner 5-star character in F/GO (~$160) compared to in Heroes (~$60-90 depending on banner) and lower summon rates result in higher statistical variance (meaning larger swings in luck from person to person).

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It's worth mentioning that FGO isn't being carried by fanservice alone. It's a well balanced game with a very detailed story and no toxic pvp elements with bunch of different currencies that they give out scarcely. Fanservice by itself only goes so far.

The only legendary story I remember was summer Zooey in GBF which is what got Cygames to implement their sparking system. I've yet to hear any sort of ridiculous tales from FGO

I definitely agree that fanservice alone isn’t the reason for FGO’s success. All of what you said is correct. But there are tons of people in FGO reddit or other FGO forums with stories of how the spent $400 or more to get a character. Sometimes not even getting them. And here’s the most famous one:

And @Ice Dragon, I get that FGO’s rates are much much worse that FEH, but even so the amount of money people spend on it is insane.

Edited by Water Mage

Feels like just the natural lifecycle of a game really. How many MMOs aren't in decline after their third (or indeed first) years? That said, I haven't ever touched another gacha, so I don't know how it compares to its competitors, but I imagine the vast majority of them fall even sooner. Obviously some do better as well, as per the examples quoted in this thread, but y'know, even assuming FEH is one of the few most successful gachas of all time doesn't mean we should expect it to still be rising at this stage of its life. The one or two exceptions are just that: exceptions.

As to my own thoughts about the state of the game, the core tactical gameplay became a sideshow a fairly long time ago for me - a means to an end. That actually makes it fairly impressive that I'm still here so long after that point, as well as illustrating how strong the gambling impulse is in the human brain. To be fair though, I've been putting a hell of a lot more hours into FreeCell than into FEH for the past few months, which does show that compelling core gameplay is what truly brings longevity.

I won't be sad if FEH just slowly winds down to eventually make room for something better. Not happy, but not sad. It might not be the next game they make or even any of the next dozen, but there is a huge amount of design space there for a better product to make if someone can find it.

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Implying that SoV has anything close to what can be considered a well written story. It's not. In fact book 3 of heroes is actually better written than that inconsistent mess of a plot.

DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING SAY THAT SHADOWS OF VALENTIA'S STORY IS BAD!

For my part, it isn't the fanservice nonsense that makes me spend money. It's the actual canon new heroes. You know, the reason why this game is a Fire Emblem game to begin with.

But they chose to alienate me by reducing New Heroes to a crawl, and now they may be encouraging me to quit entirely with the FEH pass.

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I definitely agree that fanservice alone isn’t the reason for FGO’s success. All of what you said is correct. But there are tons of people in FGO reddit or other FGO forums with stories of how the spent $400 or more to get a character. Sometimes not even getting them. And here’s the most famous one:

And @Ice Dragon, I get that FGO’s rates are much much worse that FEH, but even so the amount of money people spend on it is insane.

> Watches video

> Think about how much I've spent building Magic Decks

Checks My Most Recent Build

> Begins to Sweat

I have come to the conclusion I have been playing a real life Gacha game for 9 years now

It always surprises me how much people can can spend on a game with no way to cash out

I do have to wonder though how much of the feh are of the degenerate Otaku variety. I know I'm one of them but I'm curious. There a way we could do a large scale survey or something?