Fire Emblem: The Ruined World OoC (Recruitment Complete)

AnonymousSpeed

16 hours ago, Benice said:

Speaking of Anon's above comment, I have finished your character's build, @PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld

BASES, (this is for an armor, not a wyvern. Let me know if you want to change thta.)

HP: 19
Str: 3
Mgc: 8
Skl: 7
Spd: 6
Lck: 6
Def: 4
Res: 4

Mov: 4

PERSONAL SKILLS: Obstruct, Vantage. (Vantage doesn't really have a point since your character can't wield combat weapons, but it's what you had listed, so I'll keep it for now.)

GROWTHS

HP: 50%

Str: 20%

Mag: 60%

Skill: 30%

Spd: 50%

Lck: 40%

Def: 20%

Res: 45%

PERSONAL SKILL: Lady of status: Increases damage dealt by allies within three spaces of unit.

I think that about covers it! Let me know if you would like anything changed.

A wyvern pls srry but thank you for this I might use this in a personal project of mine

9 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Since Noelle Has both tome and staff, she MUST have the sidearm skill, (either sidearm: staff or sidearm tome (the weapon chosen as sidearm will hè at E rank, the other will be at D rank) you should probably list that, as it takes up 4 base points, this gives her 64 base points to work from instead of 68

HP cost is 3. Str cost is 6. Mgc cost is 12. Skl cost is 4. Spd cost is 12. Lck cost is 6. Def cost is 12. Res cost is 8. Total cost is 63

Armor base = 68 minus 4 from necessary sidearm = 64 minus 63 from the stat total leaves one BP left over which can be used for one extra HP Skl or Lck point. 

@PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld wanted Spellblade + Vantage (also  vantage works on tomes, so it does have practical function straight away, the confusing skill is Spellblade, but I assume that Noelle will get a physical weapon at some point, and spellblade is there for levin weapon synergy.)

Lady of status grants +2 damage as PeonyofLeosaDreamworld said but I do think that 3 range for it works well (ultimately thats up to Anon though) 

Noelle's updated stats, then:

Str: 3
Mgc: 8
Skl: 7
Spd: 6
Lck: 7
Def: 4
Res: 4

Mov: 4

PERSONAL SKILLS: Spellblade, Vantage, Sidearm, (Tomes). 

Lady of status: grants +2 dmg to allies within 3 spaces.

EDIT: i, integrity serenes forest, am op's edit button

My edit button's not working on my above post, so I guess I'll have to double-post so I can show you your corrected stats (more or less) as a wyvern rider @PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld:

I believe this is around 48 BP, which is what you'll have b/c wyverns get 1 free skill and you need two more.

HP: 20
Str: 2
Mgc: 6
Skl: 6
Spd: 5
Lck: 5
Def: 3
Res: 3

Mov: 7

PERSONAL SKILLS: Spellblade, Vantage, Canto, Sidearm (Tomes). 

Please let me know if there's anything else you need changed.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

I believe this is around 48 BP, which is what you'll have b/c wyverns get 1 free skill and you need two more.

Wyvern has a BP of 52, the Hp+1 and canto skills (which should be noted with the rest of the skills purely for the sake of clarity) and 1 free skill (Vantage in this case to make things easier). So 52 minus 4 from sidearm (we should ask @PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld whether he wants Tome or Staff as the sidearm, as the sidearm starts at rank E and the non-sidearm at D) which gives us 48 minus 3 from the extra free skill (spellblade) gives us 45BP to work with. 

Hp cost is 3 (Listed stat is 20 and I assume HP+1 has been factored in to reduce variables) Str cost is 4, mgc cost is 8, skl cost is 3, spd cost is 9, lck cost is 5, def cost is 9, res cost is 6. Total cost is 47, there is an overflow of 2BP. We need to cut Some of the stats, looking at Noelle's growths, I'd recommend removing one point of HP and one point of Luck. 

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

After double checking the wording in the fates games, the skill should be “Allies within 3 spaces deal 2 extra damage". 

Noelle's stats again are now:

Str: 2
Mgc: 6
Skl: 6
Spd: 5
Lck: 4
Def: 3
Res: 3

Mov: 7

PERSONAL SKILLS: Spellblade, Vantage, Canto, Sidearm (tomes).

LADY OF STATUS: Allies within 3 spaces deal 2 extra damage.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Tome for the sidearm

Are Vantage and Spellblade the skills you would like? Spellblade currently has no effect for your character, but remember that you can get the skill later on promotion.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Updated my above post to show the sidearm for tomes.

Thank you for your contributions.

Now we just need to settle on affinities for Cantus and Noelle.

@Benice, Cantus has the options of Light, Wind, and Thunder

@PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld, Noelle has the options of Fire, Dark, and Light

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

@Benice, Cantus has the options of Light, Wind, and Thunder

I'm gonna go with Thunder affinity. I will update that in my first post.

Also, yo, we don't have a thief unit yet, does anybody mind if I make one?

Edited by Benice

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, yo, we don't have a thief unit yet, does anybody mind if I make one?

You needn't worry about it. I would rather everyone stick to one character to start, and I'm not going to fill the maps with chests you guys can't get or anything.

16 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

You needn't worry about it. I would rather everyone stick to one character to start, and I'm not going to fill the maps with chests you guys can't get or anything.

Got it. I have always been paranoid about having thieves in every game except for FE7, because I stopped caring after ch. 17, and I have nightmares about passing up a hero crest in favour of a elysian whip because I didn't bring Colm to ch. 9. Please Gerik! FORGIVE MEEEEE! I JUST HAPPEN TO THINK MARISA'S BETTER! IT'S NOT PERSONAL!!!!!

Also, here is  Scherzo's backstory.

Scherzo was a noble in the town of Burnish. From a young age, she had always loved music of every sort and often danced when nobody was watching. After her older brother died in a skirmish with bandits when she was just three, her father became very protective of her. She went to a nice school in the nicest part of town, but the school often went on excursions to the other parts of town. Scherzo saw people living in poverty and disliked how they weren't smiling, so she some of her family's profuse wealth to help the lower-class citizens. During this time, she also became adept at sneaking so she could sneak provisions into houses at night, as well as the use of lockpicks, which were taught to her by a grateful street urchin who she saved. To raise money for the poor and needy of the city, she held a performance where she danced. This turned out to be a bad move, because some hormonal nobles in the buiding saw a scantily clad woman and decided that they needed her hand in marriage. Her father denied all of the marriage proposals at Scherzo's request, because she knew all seven of the boys who had proposals and knew them to be cruel, unfeeling and lecherous. However, all seven of the lords formed a coaltion that would essentially remove all of Scherzo's families monopolies, trade routes and other businesses until she was married to all of the sons of said nobles. In return, they offered a massive sum of money if he aggreed on the spot. With his hand forced, Scherzo's father aggreed to the marriage proposals, working out a deal in which Scherzo would spend 48 hours with each husband then move on to the next, repeating perpetually. Scherzo announced to her father that she couldn't follow through with the deal and that she would leave the city if the deal wasn't cancelled. Scherzo's father could not bring himself to cancel the deal, but he allowed Scherzo to leave if she felt like she needed to. She packed up some of her clothes, her violin, some provisions and water, undeterred by the fact that the Masked were reportedly not far from the city's gates.

Two and a half weeks after she left Burnish, she approached the spot where the grassy plains ended and the new wasteland began. She was then found by a small party of Masked, who attacked her. Sensibly, she ran. Her dancing gave her very strong legs and she easily outran the Masked, but they were relentless and didn't need rest unlike her. On the fourth day of the masked's persuit of Scherzo, she ran out of water and no longer had anywhere to hide, as she had ended up in the wastelands. At noon, she saw a man in front of a rock. She yelled for help, but the man didn't notice. Scherzo decided to run around the rocky knoll the man was on to avoid having to climb it. As she rounded the hill, a second group of masked saw her and attacked her, with one of them shooting an arrow into her leg. With nowhere left to run, Scherzo ran up the knoll. While she glanced behind her to see how far behind the masked were, she ran into the man she had seen earlier. The man greeted her absently, not noticing the situation she was in. However, once the man noticed that there wasn't enough gras given the season and weather patterns in the previous months, he relaized something was very, very wrong. He saw the masked, and although he didn't know who they were, he saw Scherzo in peril and fought them off, although she aided him with her dances. After the masked were defeated, Scherzo collapsed from exhaustion.

When she woke up, she was in a dark, cool cave with the man who had fought off the masked. Her leg was bandaged up and her mouth was no longer dry. The man notified her that she had almost died from the heat and exhaustion. For the next few days, the man, named Cantus, took care of her and told her to rest. After a few days, Scherzo had the strength to stand up, but her leg was infected with a venomous poison that she got from the poison-dipped arrow shot at her. Cantus said that it would be a bad idea if they stayed in their present location much longer due to the lack of resources and abundance of dangers, so he carried her all the way to the highlands, where he could safely treat her wounds. Along the way, Scherzo fell in love with the man, so once she was back to regular health in the highlands, she wasted no time flirting with him at every oppritunity. However, the man rarely looked up from his mountain of travel books he had brought with him. After two months of trying, Scherzo was going to give up on trying to win his affection. However, Cantus expressed his feelings for her not long after, saying that even though they rarely spoke since they had arrived in the highlands, her endearing personality and beauty had won him over, but he wasn't sure how to express it. Scherzo was frustrated that her attempts to flirt hadn't penetrated Cantus's ears, but somehow found that it made him even more perfect for her. After nine months of dating, Cantus proposed. The two were wed on Scherzo's birthday, October 17. The two were as happy together as anyone had ever been on Weal, but they wanted to help people so they too could attain happiness. They left the highlands on January 3rd to help people in any way possible.

Scherzo likes Waltzing, symphonies, lamb, dancing, spreading happiness, reading over Cantus' shoulder, cuddling and the color orange, She dislikes Marches, poorly tuned orchestras, limes, being unable to help people and when Cantus leaves for battle.

21 hours ago, Benice said:

However, all seven of the lords formed a coaltion that would essentially remove all of Scherzo's families monopolies, trade routes and other businesses until she was married to all of the sons of said nobles. In return, they offered a massive sum of money if he aggreed on the spot. With his hand forced, Scherzo's father aggreed to the marriage proposals, working out a deal in which Scherzo would spend 48 hours with each husband then move on to the next, repeating perpetually.

image.png.1573e8d7b1f536f628331912a39ea8b8.png

... and that shows just how well I read that paragraph...

Anyway... I'd make some kind of witty comment involving Crusader Kings 2; but I can't think of something good enough.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

image.png.1573e8d7b1f536f628331912a39ea8b8.png

Never underestimate the power of floral underwear, my friend.. (Also she burned those dancing clother after the wedding arrangements were made.)

The backstory also worked very well to distract from my top comments.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Ice

The ice affinity is not present in the Ruined World, I'm afraid. The STEEL affinity is a thematically similar replacement.

In accordance with the following:

On 2/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

NOTE: A character's affinity is chosen by the player from a list of the three affinities which I think best fit their personality.

Noelle has the options of Fire, Steel, and Dark.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The ice affinity is not present in the Ruined World, I'm afraid. The STEEL affinity is a thematically similar replacement.

In accordance with the following:

Noelle has the options of Fire, Steel, and Dark.

Steel

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Thematically?

At least as I've perceived it, affinities in the GBA games roughly correlated to the personality of their bearer. People with light affinity tend to be some of the nicer folk, for instance. Ice affinity was more common among emotionally "cold" people, and that's one trait which I considered as qualifying people for the Steel affinity as well. Cold steel, nothing personnel kid.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

At least as I've perceived it, affinities in the GBA games roughly correlated to the personality of their bearer. People with light affinity tend to be some of the nicer folk, for instance. Ice affinity was more common among emotionally "cold" people, and that's one trait which I considered as qualifying people for the Steel affinity as well. Cold steel, nothing personnel kid.

Hmm, interesting. Although, to me a "Steel" personality has been more about the likes of strong or iron willed. Well, steel is iron with carbon; and what are we; but carbon-based lifeforms?

Or, more fittingly, phrases like "nerves of steel".

On the topic of affinities, I always found some of them wack. Anima was serious and straightforward, wind was free-spirited and chaotic, light was usually nice people, often gentle. I found the thunder, ice, fire and dark more wild. Thunder seems to be a mîxed bag, with Amelia and Gerik both being thunder, yet being totally different. Fire seems to be hotheaded, but occasionally is weird. Lyon and Natasha are ice affinity, but neither are cold personality wise. I found that strange. Dark is usually having ulterior motives, but there is some weird ones there too. Thunder is still the weirdest to me though.

I'm late, but I figured I'd add our gambling friend's bio for you all. He'll also be referencing a few individuals we probably won't be seeing, as they were other character ideas I had for this but dropped in favor of Toki.

Spoiler

Born Vasilios Dione III, he picked up the nickname ‘Kuhaku Rukusodo’ among the gambling community after a barmaid called him a similar phrase, an insult in her home tongue, and he misheard her. With both his parents simple, honest folk content to while their days away in obscurity, Vasilios, who calls himself ‘Toki’ for unknown reasons, desired to be more than another bland life in the annals of history, and found his path in games, particularly those of chance. He believes Luck, as a concept, is a lie, and that if one practices enough one could be undefeatable at even the most apparently random games. After attempting to explain his views in public, he was viciously attacked by a fanatical disciple of Nortia. The man’s knife somehow broke against the deck of cards in Toki’s pocket, slicing through until the Queen of Diamonds, which was unharmed. Taking this as evidence he was on to something, Toki became an official - albeit somewhat lax - disciple of Nortia himself, though he was still occasionally dogged by his old reputation until the Masked attacked. Believing combat to follow the same theory as games - and according to him apparently women as well - he took up a Sword, a Lance, and an Axe, and fought his way to the Cardinal Empire’s stronghold, arriving at a key juncture in a battle and inadvertently setting things up for humanity to steal a win over a particularly nasty group of monsters.

Edited by SoulWeaver
cough hearts aren't diamonds

Was wondering if to do the same... well, might as well.

Here's my char's bio:

Spoiler

Name: Karen Bianchi
Appearance: Long straight black hair reaching down to her lower back, and deep blue eyes. Of petite build, barely over the 5' mark. Wearing an ultramarine blue dress of similar design to Binding Blade's Guinivere's dress. The shoes are black in color, with the heels being of standard height (three inches, thus brining her up to 5'3'' while wearing them). The dress itself contains an old-style pocket each in both sides, those that were tied under a woman's skirt, left to hang within, and reached through a slit in the fabric. Inside are what few things Karen had on her person before the unexpected teleportation. The pockets themselves are white with pink trimming, and the Bianchi family crest embroidered on each.
Biography: The daughter of a prominent merchant family. The Bianchi first started out as fishermen, living near the mouth of the Ivory River. Eventually, the family's ambitions led them to expand their business, taking advantage of their key position at the river mouth, buying and selling all kinds of goods, and setting up or joining various entrepreneur ventures, like those of Lode. Karen, however, grew up not with the passion for mercantilism like most of the family. Rather, she desired the call of the scenarist, as well as taken to singing for a pastime. Since she had an older brother who was set take over the family business, leniency was granted to her personal desires. Alas, the invasion of the Masked brought hard times to the Bianchi, with the disruption of the Ivory River trade route, as well the loss of Auran trade as well. In addition, with the Masked present on the other side of the river, the main Bianchi estate was deemed as too dangerous to remain at. Offering it to the military for use as a makeshift base/fort, the family moved to the more secured Bight. It was there amidst the gloomy atmosphere that Karen found solace in her singing, doing her best to keep her spirits high in the face of adversity. It wasn't long before it spread. First among her family, then amidst Bight as a whole. Whether distraught refugees, weary soldiers, or despairing locals, her singing seemed capable to lift even the lowest of spirits. Perhaps, this development would have a bigger significance, more so in light of the reappearance of Charlemagne and his plans...

Edited by Acacia Sgt