Special Heroes: Lovely Gifts

Sunwoo

The 4* Focus -- on a seasonal banner, no less -- is a pretty interesting concept. Is the 4* Focus no longer available once the banner expires and we have to wait until next year for another chance? Or would the 4* Focus become part of the regular summoning pool? Expecting the former but won't mind the latter as much.

That said, this banner is a skip to me. None of the units are that interesting so I most likely am going to use the free summon on green in hopes of Duo Alm -- he does get Lunar Flash, Bonus Doubler, and Lull Atk/Spd after all so he could be useful, not to mention that I just don't have orbs to throw around right now especially with this month's banner coming up and my wanting Lif from the current monthly banner. I just wonder what his Duo skill is.

Valentines Silque being F2P is nice though I can't imagine her being used very often aside from Silque fans given her stats spread (slow and bulky troubadour) and because Ethlyn, Nanna, Veronica, and Camilla exist.

As for the OP's post... I wonder if anybody remembers the times that young children handed out Valentines cards and candies to their classmates during Valentines Day. Silque being included is pretty similar to that, at least to me. And Valentines Day can also be about friendship in general and Faye is the only other female unit in Alm's party (not to mention Silque's sole support conversation partner for the entire game) until Alm reunites with Celica in Act 5.

Also hey, if you don't like the banner, just save orbs. Easy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

And Valentines Day can also be about friendship in general and Faye is the only other female unit in Alm's party

Clair, Mathilda and Delthea say hi. Also Tatiana if you recruited her 😛

Also, are you saying Faye makes sense here as Silque's friend or Alm's? Because both Fehnix and her own dialogue in the trailer make it explicit that she's pining for him romantically.

I don't even know why Faye exists. I heard she wasn't in the original Gaiden. And all she does in Echoes is obsess over Alm. So she seems to exist purely for Alm to have yet another female trying to get in his pants. Weren't Clair and Celica enough? 😕

And it's a shame, Faye has a really cute design and could've been an awesome character. I actually think she looks cuter than Celica and Clair.

I admit though, even as she is, she's not as awful as Tharja or Camilla imo.

Edited by Anacybele

I like Alm and Celica finally getting seasonals, Rudolf finally getting in the game, and the free Silque meaning I can get some version of her without needing to pull for her original.

Don't care much about Faye and Conrad, although Conrad's ridiculously high focus rate means I might end up pulling for him anyway. It's funny how they're the two playable characters added to the game's main story in the remake.

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't even know why Faye exists. I heard she wasn't in the original Gaiden. And all she does in Echoes is obsess over Alm. So she seems to exist purely for Alm to have yet another female trying to get in his pants. Weren't Clair and Celica enough? 😕

And it's a shame, Faye has a really cute design and could've been an awesome character. I actually think she looks cuter than Celica and Clair.

I think Faye existed to add a girl into the villager bunch to make it a lil more diverse there. Plus she was the only unit in Echoes that has access to being a Refresher, though I do think Silque should have been the Refresher since she is the one who sings across the lands, and the one who beautifully sings 'The Heritors of Arcadia'. I think she's a great addition, shows that Alm is really a natural born leader to not only boys to girls too in Ram village.

Camilla is obsessed with protecting her FAMILY due to Nohrian royal concubine wars. Tharja is an obsessive stalker, but actually tries to help other people's problems with her misunderstood 'curses', awkward behavior and bad choice of words. They all have their own merits, don't need to bring up characters who literally have no connections to Faye other than a trait that you despise.

Also I think her inclusion in the banner is excellent. Since Valentines is giving to the person you admire and love, though in her case it's pretty tragic, since Alm doesn't share the same feeling towards her... I guess not every romance has to be successful...!

Edited by thanny

27 minutes ago, thanny said:

I think Faye existed to add a girl into the villager bunch to make it a lil more diverse there. Plus she was the only unit in Echoes that has access to being a Refresher, though I do think Silque should have been the Refresher since she is the one who sings across the lands, and the one who beautifully sings 'The Heritors of Arcadia'. I think she's a great addition, shows that Alm is really a natural born leader to not only boys to girls too in Ram village.

That's all fine and dandy, but did she have to be totally obsessed with him and talk about basically nothing else? It makes her come off as more annoying than anything.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's all fine and dandy, but did she have to be totally obsessed with him and talk about basically nothing else? It makes her come off as more annoying than anything.

I understand that's not a trait that everybody likes. Alm technically did save her from the knight who was going to kill her, so I guess it kind of makes sense for her to be unhealthily obsessed with him. But hey, at least her obsession doesn't do any harm other than dishing out a few insults here and there to any girl who is near or close to Alm, and ultimately accepts Alm and Celica's romantic relationship.... even though she still dedicates her life to him.

I think it's just the fact that Echoes: SoV had too little Supports, so not only her, but most of the cast in the game suffers from it outside of the occasional dialogue in hubs. It's a shame because she does have hidden passive supports with Mycen and Celica, which I think would definitely give her more characterization and dynamic, and flesh her out more as just another obsessive stalker character.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

In my dream version of Echoes, Faye is just 100% a copy of Eponine from Les Misérables, including singing On My Own

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Don't care much about Faye and Conrad, although Conrad's ridiculously high focus rate means I might end up pulling for him anyway.

It's all about them 40 horseflowers!

1 hour ago, thanny said:

I understand that's not a trait that everybody likes. Alm technically did save her from the knight who was going to kill her, so I guess it kind of makes sense for her to be unhealthily obsessed with him. But hey, at least her obsession doesn't do any harm other than dishing out a few insults here and there to any girl who is near or close to Alm, and ultimately accepts Alm and Celica's romantic relationship.... even though she still dedicates her life to him.

I think it's just the fact that Echoes: SoV had too little Supports, so not only her, but most of the cast in the game suffers from it outside of the occasional dialogue in hubs. It's a shame because she does have hidden passive supports with Mycen and Celica, which I think would definitely give her more characterization and dynamic, and flesh her out more as just another obsessive stalker character.

Yeah, I would've liked it if she at least grew out of the childhood crush/obsession and just became more of someone who considers him a great friend and wants to spend her life serving him. Accepting that he chose another woman is still a good thing though.

And I see, makes sense.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

In my dream version of Echoes, Faye is just 100% a copy of Eponine from Les Misérables, including singing On My Own

Huh, this song does feel quite a bit like Faye.

11 hours ago, thanny said:

That's one huge problem I have with Echoes: the lack of supports for all characters.

Faye has supports with Alm, Silque... and that's all. Not even with the others 3 villagers. The same with Kliff, that only has support with Tobin. From the villagers, Alm only has support with Faye, and from the Novis characters Celica only has with Mae. Genny only has support with Sonya, and if you decide to fighter her, Genny will have no support at all. They kinda try to compensate by having those conversation between Alm/Celica with the cast in towns or in the Mila's statue room, but it's not the same.

Not to mention the idea of making some supports locked behind DLC (Clive x Forsyth, Clive x Python, Lukas x Forsyth, Lukas x Pỳthon, Clair x Mathilda). These supports should be in the base game.

I like Faye, but she would apreciate more characterization by having way more supports. Well, we can say that about every single character in Echoes, maybe excluding the ones that are not plot related (Gray, Tobin, Lukas, Clair, Clive, Mycen, Mae, Boey, Saber, Conrad) but they still would like more supports.

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Clair is always enough. I do believe our noble farmboy hath made the wrong choice. 

Edited by Count Fayre

19 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

😛

Also, are you saying Faye makes sense here as Silque's friend or Alm's? Because both Fehnix and her own dialogue in the trailer make it explicit that she's pining for him romantically.

The obvious reason would be because of Alm. However, seeing Faye and Silque as part of the same seasonal theme does make sense to anybody who's played SoV and got their support conversations. We'd probably know a bit more once the paralogue becomes available.

Mixed feelings. Alm and Celica had it really good. They made perfect sense and their artwork is really cute. 

On the other hand the lack of Mae and Boey stings deep. They're the perfect valentine duo and both of them have pretty bad art in Heroes. They're a great fit for this seasonable and have bad artwork that severely needs to be replaced. Also it would be cute to see them interact with Alm and Celica. I have a feeling that Alm and Mae would hit it off pretty well with each other. 

Faye is meh but Conrad and Silque are both fine. They just suffer from not being Mae and Boey. I think that Zeke and Tatiana could also have worked very well considering they are veeeery open in their affection for each other. 

I just can't help but think of Dimitri talking to Rudolf who mentions that the daggers are gifts and Dimitri being all "I knew it! Daggers DO make good gifts!"

So... this was found on Reddit... the weapons for the valentine units.

Spoiler

Alm & Celica
Scepter of Love - Might: 16 Rng: 1
Spd+3. When unit is buffed (Rally, Hone, etc), or enters combat with HP>=70%, Atk is increased by (foe's Def at the start of combat x 25%), and foe's attack is decreased by (foe's Res at the start of combat x 25%) during combat.

My opinion: I believe it's 25% of foe's Def and Res. It was translated from a Chinese text, so it may be not completly correct.

Conrad
Melee Bouquet+ - Might: 14 Rng: 1 (inheritable)
If unit initiates combat, Atk/Def + 4, and enemy cannot follow-up during combat.

Faye
Budding Bow+ - Might: 12 Rng: 2 Eff: Flying (inheritable)
If unit initiates combat, Atk/Def + 4, and enemy cannot follow-up during combat.

Rudolf
Thorn Lance - Might: 16 Rng: 1
Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown -1)
At start of combat, if unit's Atk > foe's Atk, foe's Atk/Def -6, and foe cannot follow-up during combat.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ez8pze/valentines_units_2020_weapon_effects/

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Alm & Celica
Spd+3. When unit is buffed (Rally, Hone, etc), or enters combat with HP>=70%, Atk is increased by (foe's Def at the start of combat x 25%), and foe's attack is decreased by (foe's Res at the start of combat x 25%) during combat.

My opinion: I believe it's 25% of foe's Def and Res. It was translated from a Chinese text, so it may be not completly correct.

Conrad

Faye

Rudolf
At start of combat, if unit's Atk > foe's Atk, foe's Atk/Def -6, and foe cannot follow-up during combat.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ez8pze/valentines_units_2020_weapon_effects/

To add to this here's Silque's Weapon:

Spoiler

Rapport Wand+ Mt:12 Rng:2

At the start of turn grants Atk/Def+5 to ally with the highest Spd for one turn. (Excludes unit.)

The fact that she also comes with Spd Opening in the C slot makes her a pretty good healer for buffing imo.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ez5j71/silque_skills/

Edited by Holla99

4 minutes ago, Holla99 said:

To add to this here's Silque's Weapon:

Hide contents

Rapport Wand+ Mt:12 Rng:2

At the start of turn grants Atk/Def+5 to ally with the highest Spd for one turn. (Excludes unit.)

The fact that she also comes with Spd Opening in the C slot makes her a pretty good healer for buffing imo.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ez5j71/silque_skills/

Yeah. I didn't add Silque's weapon on my previous comment because it is in the Tempest Trials notification, so it's not a secret.

You can even check it in the Tempest Trial topic that I created.

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Alm & Celica

Conrad

Faye

Rudolf

So the swift sparrow weapons from the bridal banner have their mini sturdy impact counterparts now. These seem quite good.  Conrad is valuable now even though everything else in his kit is not worthwhile.

Not sure how much the bow will be seen though, since I see most archers not named Alm and Leif as Cc vantage units.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

So the swift sparrow weapons from the bridal banner have their mini sturdy impact counterparts now. These seem quite good.  Conrad is valuable now even though everything else in his kit is not worthwhile.

Yeah. Conrad has pretty good value, especially since he is the 4* unit of this banner. You can get a pretty good inheritable sword at 4*. It can be good for fliers and infantry. For Cavalry, I still recommend build a Eliwood since he is easier to get merges. Bold Fighter armors can also use the sword.

Also, all these weapons justify their low Spd (except Alm's case).

Sad that we're getting yet another TT horse healer.

VFaye would've been a new ideal candidate for me to grail to +10 to complement WCecilia on the other AR season, although it makes sense they wouldn't give something as absurd as a ~179 bst ranged colorless armor for free.

2 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Sad that we're getting yet another TT horse healer.

VFaye would've been a new ideal candidate for me to grail to +10 to complement WCecilia on the other AR season, although it makes sense they wouldn't give something as absurd as a ~179 bst ranged colorless armor for free.

It's not groundbreaking like a free bow armor would be, but she's only the second TT healer - and second grail healer at all, IIRC.