Gameplay mechanics ideas for PoR remake

whase

20 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'll take BExp over any other extra xp system.

Unlike auxiliary/grinding maps, it doesn't kill the game's pacing, it rewards faster completion with more BExp, and it is still a finite resource. I would go as far as to say that BExp is one of the best mechanics that the series has ever added, and its removal in subsequent games should legally constitute a war crime.

No I meant the level cheesing that you could do on PoR

• 4 weeks later...

Well... 

1. Combat stats during battle

2. This is a small one, but a few extra support conversations would be nice. Like maybe 7 or 8 so you can get 2 As and a B

3. Like RD, you can remove skills and add them to other units

4.uhhh... add 1 close counter scroll in the game somewhere. that would be pretty cool

5. decrease forge cost if you decrease mt/hit/crit or increase wt during a forge, but not too much, and dont allow the forge cost to drop below base price 

Most of these are really small things, but honestly that just goes to show how good PoR already is.

• 9 months later...

I want to build on some people's thoughts on the experience gain system aside from main battles. They're mercenaries, right? Wouldn't it be cool if there were a limited number of bonus "merc contacts" missions. Side missions that are a little more fleshed out than auxiliary battles. They don't need to be necessary to make it through the game, but a little extra content that gives you some extra spending money and makes moving through the game a little easier. And again, keep them limited so you can't abuse experience. Honestly, my favorite fire emblem games. Would like to see them come to a current console. 

Ideas I loved:

Give a hint about where to find Stefan.

Training units in things they would realistically be good at, no mage Boyd.

Random mercenary missions for extra cash and exp.

Idea I was meh on:

The mercenary camp like the monastery. I worry that it will become tedious like it was in 3H, but it's a cool idea.

Ideas I will add:

Gauntlets. Perfect for Boyd and Largo.

Overwork the laguz system. They should stay shifted the entire battle so they're not useless for half of it. Instead, use their transform gauge for an AoE attack or a special skill. Maybe a cat or raven would leap or fly forward and attack an enemy a few spaces away, but a tiger or hawk would get an attack that does extra damage to an enemy right in front of them. After using this, it takes a good amount of time to recharge. Beorc units can get battalions instead.

Edited by Dragoncat

oh my the accusation of fates conquest being fake difficulty we really do see every single kind of opinion when we stay in a fandom long enough. god bless humanity

anyway, the topic. other than obvious QoL improvements which we don't even need to mention because even the most glorified-port of remakes give that to us, a PoR remake would most benefit from making enemies stronger. it's not always that raw stats on enemies make for a better game, but in this case they'd just be giving the enemies the stats they should have had all along. maybe then there will be point to using foot units or swords and bows.

otherwise, improve the might of tomes. i always use the example of A rank tornado having the same might of E rank iron bow because there's the argument. done and done. since there are few tomes, i might as well do the work right here and add rexcalibur/rexflame:

- wind/elwind/tornado/blizzard/rexcalibur: 3/6/10/11/14

- light/shine/nosferatu/purge/rexaura: 3/6/9/12/15

- fire/elfire/bolganone/meteor/rexflame: 4/7/11/13/16

- thunder/elthunder/thoron/bolting/rexbolt: 5/8/12/14/17

also add forging to the D/A ranked tomes too. it would be so expensive but also no more "forged thunder is the actual holy tome". it would be the 13 mt forged elthunder in this case.

also the laguz mechanic needs to change. with the advent of 3H and its magic spells with limited charges per map, i started to think that should apply to shapeshifters too. you know? say, give lethe a beaststone of sorts and it has 10 durability per map. when it's down to 0, she is done for that map, but it's entirely under your control, and she's good to go next map. each character's beast/bird/dragonstone has its own stat attributes and durability, the laguz stone could recharge its uses in battle, the demiband could half the stone's stats while not consuming its uses, etc. many possibilities. they could even learn different transformations, a la beaststone vs beastrune in fates, by level up.

Edited by Axie

On 1/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, Axie said:

i always use the example of A rank tornado having the same might of E rank iron bow because there's the argument.

Most enemy units have better Defense than Res, so the tome would do more damage than the bow anyway.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Most enemy units have better Defense than Res, so the tome would do more damage than the bow anyway.

... yes, but also, by the time you have the A rank tornado, shortly after you also have the 13 mt A rank silver bow. which you can also forge for +5 mt. a 7-12 mt difference, 14-24 with effectiveness, way covers the def-res gap.

Edited by Axie