Inheritance!!!

EntropyGamer

What skills should I give to the children.

Pairings:

ChromxSumia

VaikexMaribelle

Lon'quxOlivia?

GregorxCordelia

KellamxSully

GaiusxLissa

VirionxCherce?

StahlxPanne

RickenxMiriel

DonnelxNowi

HenryxTharja

I choose these based on how much I like the supports+plus good stats.> :]

What's your playstyle? Will you grind a lot or just pick up the children when they become available? And do you have an idea of what classes you want these units to be?

Regardless, Chrom x Sumia will have fixed inheritance IIRC- they [Lucina and Cynthia] both get aether. If you grind Sumia, she could learn galeforce and pass that down to her daughters. If you don't grind, Rally Speed and Movement are both useful so take your pick.

For Vaike x Maribelle, you probably want to make Brady a War Monk. If you're not grinding, Wrath and Sol may be decent skills for Brady from Vaike. Meanwhile, Maribelle won't pass down too useful, Demoiselle and Rally Resistance may be useful since they are a female-only skill (because the class it's tied to is like that.) If you're grinding, Axefaire won't be a bad option (if he's going to be a war monk) and Dual Support from Maribelle may come in handy.

For Lon'qu x Olivia, Inigo has access to some very good skills. If you're not grinding, try to pass down Astra and Lethality from both parents (one goes swordmaster and the other assassin). Olivia's dancer skills won't be too good for inheritance except maybe Luck +4, but you're better off reclassing her for better skills to pass down. In a non-grinding run, reclass her to a Myrmidon and promote her to whatever class Lon'qu isn't. In a grinding run, reclass her to a Pegasus Knight instead, promote to Dark Flier, and pass down Galeforce.

For Gregor x Cordelia, Gregor is the same class line as Severa, so just promote Severa into the class she won't be. I recommend going Hero!Gregor and Bow Knight!Severa that way Severa can gain Sol earlier. Reclassing either one of them for other skills is a good option as well. As for Cordelia, it's the same situation as Sumia. Severa is one of the strongest children, so she's not as reliant on skill activation as the others.

For Kellam x Sully, Kellam is the same class line as Kjelle, so just promote Kjelle into whatever Kellam isn't. Since all 3 of them can become a Great Knight, be careful not to make some overlap. If you're not grinding, Defender and Outdoor Fighter are good skills for Kjelle. Kjelle will already know Indoor Fighter, so she will always have Avo +10 regardless of the map. If you're grinding, Pavise (General!Kellam) and Aegis (Paladin!Kjelle) would be great on a Great Knight!Kjelle.

For Gaius x Lissa, both Gaius and Owain can learn Lethality on their own. So make sure you don't make them both assassins unless you just love the class. Lucky Seven is also not a bad skill for Gaius to pass down, and can help turn Owain into a dodge tank. I'd recommend Lethality so Owain can become a Swordmaster instead. For Lissa, Miracle and Rally Luck should suffice. If you're grinding, Renewal or Dual Support.

For Virion x Cherche, Virion can pass down Prescience and Hit Rate +20, which is useful for Gerome since axes aren't the most reliable weapon type. Gerome shares his class with his mama, so just make him the other option than what she is. If you're grinding, be sure he gets one of the -breaker skills. I noticed you put a question mark next to this couple. If you're unsure about this pairing, might I suggest you switch Vaike and Virion? Virion is a good father for Brady and Vaike is a good father for Gerome.

For Stahl x Panne, pass down Luna from Stahl. Luna is really good and Yarne needs all the help he can get. For Panne, you may want to reclass her into something else and save the uses of her beaststone. I recommend going for Assassin so she can pass down Lethality. Going the Wyvern Rider route isn't a bad idea either, Deliverer will make him a really good pair up bot and the -breaker skills are always nice.

For Ricken x Miriel, they both have the same class as Laurent. I'd actually recommend reclassing Ricken into the cavalier line so he can promote into a Great Knight and snag Luna. And then you could make Miriel whatever class you're not going to make Laurent. Miriel can also reclass into a Sorcerer, so she can pass down Vengeance as well. Tomefaire and Lifetaker are really good if you're grinding.

For Donnel x Nowi, Aptitude is great on any unit, and Nah is no exception. He could also pass down Sol if he becomes a Hero. For Nowi, you may want to do the same thing as Panne and reclass her into something else. She has access to the Mage and Wyvern Rider class lines. Without too much grinding, Slow Burn, Quick Burn, and Deliverer would be great. If you're grinding a lot, I recommend Lifetaker the most.

For Henry x Tharja, they're going to make a magical Noire. Noire will most likely need to reclass to a Dark Mage in order to be useful. The problem with that is that both of her parents are dark mages as well, so there's not too much skill variety. Henry and Tharja should reclass in my opinion, with Henry reclassing into an Assassin for Lethality and Tharja reclassing into a Great Knight for Luna. You could keep one of them in their original class line and pass down Vengeance so Noire can go into Dark Knight.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

What's your playstyle? Will you grind a lot or just pick up the children when they become available? And do you have an idea of what classes you want these units to be?

For Virion x Cherche, Virion can pass down Prescience and Hit Rate +20, which is useful for Gerome since axes aren't the most reliable weapon type. Gerome shares his class with his mama, so just make him the other option than what she is. If you're grinding, be sure he gets one of the -breaker skills. I noticed you put a question mark next to this couple. If you're unsure about this pairing, might I suggest you switch Vaike and Virion? Virion is a good father for Brady and Vaike is a good father for Gerome.

I'm passing down bowbreaker. And I ain't grinding AT ALL.

13 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

What classes are the parents and what skills do they know so far?

Also what are you doing for morgan?

Also if you haven't paired everyone to who you want to pair them off to 

Swap out Vaike for Gaius 

I already maried lissa and gaius. :[ 

10 hours ago, EntropyGamer said:

I'm passing down bowbreaker. And I ain't grinding AT ALL.

Unfortunately, Bowbreaker is a level 15 skill, and that means you're going to have to put off recruiting Gerome until near the end of the game.

Okay, sorry for quadruple posting  > ::::( I didn’t know you could change a post. 
Anyway, here is my updated pairs (a question mark is a pair I haven’t married).

Chrom x Sumia(they are obviously canon)

Gaius x Lissa 

Lon’qu x Olivia? (I like how they are both from Basilio)

Kellam x Sully(Kellam is not noticed, while Sully is so “out there”)

Vaile x Maribelle( their supports are really cute)

Ricken x Miriel?(they are both mages)

Stahl x Panne( only one who appreciates her taguel side)

Gregor x Cordelia(he helps Cordelia with her love life)

Donnel x Nowi(Aptitude Nah)

Virion x Cherce?(she’s his retainer!)

Libra x Tharja?(I love their support convos, also a host to tharja’s low luck)

23 hours ago, EntropyGamer said:

Okay, sorry for quadruple posting  > ::::( I didn’t know you could change a post. 
Anyway, here is my updated pairs (a question mark is a pair I haven’t married).

Chrom x Sumia(they are obviously canon)

Gaius x Lissa 

Kellam x Sully(Kellam is not noticed, while Sully is so “out there”)

Vaile x Maribelle( their supports are really cute)

Ricken x Miriel?(they are both mages)

Stahl x Panne( only one who appreciates her taguel side)

Gregor x Cordelia(he helps Cordelia with her love life)

Donnel x Nowi(Aptitude Nah)

Virion x Cherce?(she’s his retainer!)

Libra x Tharja?(I love their support convos, also a host to tharja’s low luck)

I would actually give Kjelle Donnel tbh, because she needs Galeforce but you've already married Donny off.  I'd actually go Tharja x Lonq'u and Olivia x Libra, Noire will be a lot better and Inigo mostly already has the classes Lon'qu has so Lonnie's wasted on Inigo.

Ricken x Miriel is fine, since it gives Laurent a good magic modifier, so he's okay.

Other than that, Chrom and Sumia are implied canon, but not actually canon, it's actually up to you.  Though yes Sumia is the default and you do get a decent Lucina.  Personally I go with Maribelle x Chrom when I'm doing Male Robin since I won't go with the default pairings.  But that's a story for another time.

Morgan will want a male exclusive skill from Robin, so it is up to you, Axefair if you plan her to be in an axe weilder or despoil if you like making gold on the side (I did that and she did make a lot of gold).  Wrath is also good to hand down as well.

• 2 years later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:08 PM, EntropyGamer said:

They’re supports are super cute too because they both have a type of social anxiety and both learn to overcome it.

have you thought about what skills to pass down? @EntropyGamer

Edited by OutcastsofRelix

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...