Fire Emblem Three Houses: Ideas for a "Revelations" route

Personally I’d argue that revelation in fates is probably the best of the three stories simply because of how well it ties everything together thematically and what it does for Corrin’s character as a whole. 

3H though I’m a little mixed. I am in complete agreement that this game NEEDS a 5th route simple because the rest of the routes are just simply incomplete. CF especially is in desperate need of an expansion. Though thematically, I’m not sure what it would really accomplish. I dunno, maybe I need to just dig into 3H’s story more.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

That having been said, yeah it's pretty uncanny how similar the three Lord's goals are when you break them down. And I think the idea that they could have been friends in another life is supposed to add to that tragedy. Fates made the same point in the dinner scene of Conquest. So like that game's Revelations, having a route like this would hurt the writing of the individual routes. 

I think that way intentionally as an irony, three people sharing the same goal but couldn't agree on the methods, ended up as a bloodbath. Even Rhea's eventual plan was to move away from the current social order once Sothis took the throne, which Rhea believes was the answer to every problem and she was just an interim ruler for Sothis.

As for golden route, my answer is also a NO.

It takes away the central conflict and theme of the game, it's against everything the game trying to portrait . It would be a very weak story, or require a completely rewrite that's way above the scope of a single route.

46 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Personally I’d argue that revelation in fates is probably the best of the three stories simply because of how well it ties everything together thematically and what it does for Corrin’s character as a whole. 

In a vacuum, sure, but its mere existence undermines the supposed premise of the game: to make you choose sides in a morally ambiguous conflict between your birth family and your adoptive family. The second Rev dropped the choice became "birth family", "adoptive family", or "LOL f*** it take everyone and also they're not your birth family so you can bang em!"

50 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

3H though I’m a little mixed. I am in complete agreement that this game NEEDS a 5th route simple because the rest of the routes are just simply incomplete. CF especially is in desperate need of an expansion. Though thematically, I’m not sure what it would really accomplish. I dunno, maybe I need to just dig into 3H’s story more.

Disagree. As I argued in my Silver Snow topic last month, the routes feel incomplete because there was one too many demanding the developer's attention. If they removed Silver Snow and used that development time to improve the other 3, I think the game would've been even stronger.

7 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Disagree. As I argued in my Silver Snow topic last month, the routes feel incomplete because there was one too many demanding the developer's attention. If they removed Silver Snow and used that development time to improve the other 3, I think the game would've been even stronger.

Except that Silver Snow mostly reuse assets from Verdant Wind(the opposite actually). You won't get much more content by removing it.

10 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

In a vacuum, sure, but its mere existence undermines the supposed premise of the game: to make you choose sides in a morally ambiguous conflict between your birth family and your adoptive family. The second Rev dropped the choice became "birth family", "adoptive family", or "LOL f*** it take everyone and also they're not your birth family so you can bang em!"

Seriously, why does Fates even have a third path as DLC? Can I just be fine with playing only Birthright or Conquest and then be done with it? No, I can't, cuz not only do both paths suck story wise and leave several questions unanswered, but I know they aren't canon cuz of the fact that Revelation exists

All gripes about Fates aside, that I agree with, I do have a kind of shell of an idea. I haven't played Crimson Flower yet, so I might have to add stuff from it when I do.

Byleth meets up with the church peeps first after timeskip, and eventually they find Claude and the Alliance using Garreg Mach as a base. Gronder happens like it does in Azure Moon, only with an extra church force added, a few casualties happen but eventually the church army gets the other three to surrender. Dimitri of course is not too keen, but Fleche kills Rodrigue and Byleth and Claude are able to get him to listen then. The armies separate. Enbarr is taken later by the Kingdom and Alliance in a pincer attack, Hubert swallows his pride and gives out the location of Shambhala over allowing Edelgard to be killed, and convinces her to turn against the Slithers. Cue Shambhala raid and Nemesis returning to be subdued by all three factions. War ends. Three nations remain intact with their respective leaders, so no, Claude doesn't fuck off to Almyra here, although he does still open Fodlan's Locket and start a friendly trade route. Dimitri supports the reconstruction of Duscur, sending apology food/supply boats monthly which eventually have to stop because they start relying on their "supper boats" a bit too much lol. Dedue earns the title of Duscur High Chief like ten years after the end of the game. Byleth becomes archbishop of the reformed Church of Sothis and Edelgard is fine with this because the new archbishop is making it so the church doesn't have absolute power. Brigid thrives as well, Petra chooses an Adrestian to be her husband (I'm saying Caspar) and that is an incentive for good relations between Adrestia and Brigid. Twenty years after the war, the Officer's Academy gets a new batch of students, house leaders are the heirs to their nations again, but Byleth's watchful eye keeps them in line and avoids another war.

This assumes that the Byleth picking one house to teach thing wasn't there, and instead, all three professors taught subjects like rl ones. Manuela teaches literature and history, Hanneman teaches math and science, Byleth teaches combat and tactics.

Haven't read the rest of the topic btw, be nice to me.

Edited by Dragoncat

19 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Except that Silver Snow mostly reuse assets from Verdant Wind(the opposite actually). You won't get much more content by removing it.

Maps and general plot structure, sure. But how about dialogue and animated cutscenes? Instead having to animate a reunion clash between Byleth and Edelgard for SS, they could make a happy reunion animation for CF. Instead of the cutscene at the end of SS, they could have the Immaculate One rampaging through Garreg Mach and attacking Byleth for CF's Chapter 12. Instead of having to have VW and SS share assets, VW could have had cutscenes tailor-made for it.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

10 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

The absolute best way is to not.

There shouldn't be some golden ending where everything is all sunshine and rainbows and everyone has a big harem wedding after the credits. The whole point is to decide what side of the conflict you want to support. Why are people so afraid of making hard decisions?

Not to mention that the plot of both Birthright and Conquest was made worse by the existence of Revelation, and I think IS realized that. They wouldn't be so stupid as to do it again.

I totally agree. The whole point of Three Houses is to choose your house. They would have only added one house if they wanted to, but they wanted the element of choice/decision. A "Revelations" route just messes with that whole element. Sorry...

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, Sid Starkiller said:
2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I would Implore that you look at the story at a different angle because it’s not just simply “choose a side in a morally ambiguous conflict” there are a few more layers to it than that but that’s a topic for another time. You’re not really asking what the core of the conflict and Corrin’s choice really means if I were to put it briefly. Also the whole thing about revelation is that it can’t work in a vacuum. For rev’s story to work you need to have played Birthright and Conquest beforehand otherwise a lot of what the story tries to do doesn’t really have as much impact as it should. Though again topic for another time

Edited by Ottservia

13 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Except that if only one of the routes exist, it's going to be SS, not VW, even if people like VW more.

That would require a rewrite of the entire story to remove Claude. Not happening.

EDIT: To clarify (since this haircut is taking forever), removing VW means Golden Deer would serve no purpose. Which would mean Leicester serves no purpose. There would have to be MASSIVE rewrites to remove not just the faction, but all references to a three-way rivalry, like the Gronder battle. That affects every route. Removing SS would not affect Part 1, CF, or AM at all. Maybe VW would've turned out different, but that's it.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

16 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

That would require a rewrite of the entire story to remove Claude. Not happening.

EDIT: To clarify (since this haircut is taking forever), removing VW means Golden Deer would serve no purpose. Which would mean Leicester serves no purpose. There would have to be MASSIVE rewrites to remove not just the faction, but all references to a three-way rivalry, like the Gronder battle. That affects every route. Removing SS would not affect Part 1, CF, or AM at all. Maybe VW would've turned out different, but that's it.

But Claude is already not part of the story, his whole route is about the church and his own actual objective is reduced to a footnote in his ending. It's even arguable that Dimitri is not a large part of the story as his whole story arc is only about things that are not relevant into any other route and he never ever find out that mole people are a thing. 

Edelgard vs Rhea is the core of the story far more than Edelgard playing fortnite whit Dimitri and Clayde. Removing the option to side whit Rhea destroy the fundamental point of the story even more than removing the option to side whit Dimitri or Claude. 

Honestly I think the best way a “Golden Route” could be done is through another form of media (I.e. a Three Houses anime). Here’s how I would do it:

First of all, stop calling it a Golden Route. Golden Route implies that everyone has a happy ending and no one dies. That means there’s no stakes. That’s bad.

Anyway, the different medium is important because it would involve Byleth forming a bond with each of the three lords. I’d have it so Byleth teaches all three houses, perhaps taking a third of the classes, with Maneula and Hannerman taking the rest. Gameplay wise this wouldn’t work, but in another medium there’s no issue with this.

The academy phase would be fairly similar as is, but with a different classes being involved in different chapters. So the Miklan chapter would have the Blue Lions go on that mission, but then the Flayn kidnapping chapter would have the Golden Deer. Crucially, there would be more interaction between the lords and we’d get more of a sense of deep friendship between them. They would open up about their pasts to each-other a bit, and there would be an understanding between them.

Before Edelgard attacks the monastery, she would give Dimitri and Claude a warning of her intent against Hubert’s advice. She’d tell them that she was away to try destroy the church and the crest system and ask for their help, hinting that she wouldn’t need to rely upon the slitherers if they did. They’d probably refuse, but they’d be more sympathetic to her than in game.

From that point on I don’t exactly know how things would pan out, exactly what happens during the war phase would need a lot of padding out. They would probably fight at first, but eventually the three main factions (The Empire the Kingdom and the Alliance) would unite and push back against the Church and TWSITD + Cornelia + Arundel. I’d probably have it that when the war breaks out, Rhea snaps and goes crazy dragon dictator. She would be one of the main villains, but she’d be a sympathetic villain.

I think the key idea would be that each of the three states falls into disarray - the Empire due to Arundel, the Kingdom due to Cornelia and the Alliance due to the usual bickering. Because they can’t rely on the full might of their state, the three lords have to rely on eachother and work together.

The final battle would be an even bigger scale grondor field, but this time the three factions would be the Union (the three nations), the Church and the Slitherers. Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and Byleth vs Dragon Rhea and the church’s full might vs a revived nemesis, the full might of the Agarthans, Cornelia and Arundel. I’d also probably have Patricia be revealed to be a slitherer and one of the masterminds behind everything.

Serious stakes would still be established with many of the students being killed off during the war phase. This is another benefit of the medium, can’t exactly kill off many friendly students in the game because of the impact on gameplay, but works well enough in a tv series. Furthermore, you’d have characters like Flayn questioning whether they should follow Rhea, who would increasingly be going batshit, or defect.

Someone far cleverer than me would have to write this, but I think with careful writing it could work. The other benefit of having it in another medium is that even if it does get seen as the “best/most canon” route, because it’s not in the game it doesn’t invalidate the other routes.

Edited by Robertos

58 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

But Claude is already not part of the story, his whole route is about the church and his own actual objective is reduced to a footnote in his ending. It's even arguable that Dimitri is not a large part of the story as his whole story arc is only about things that are not relevant into any other route and he never ever find out that mole people are a thing. 

Edelgard vs Rhea is the core of the story far more than Edelgard playing fortnite whit Dimitri and Clayde. Removing the option to side whit Rhea destroy the fundamental point of the story even more than removing the option to side whit Dimitri or Claude. 

Dimitri and Claude are technically allied with Rhea. Their goal, in addition to their personal goals, is to rescue Rhea from the Empire. There doesn't need to be a separate route for it.

EDIT: Scratch that, they are formally allied with the Church. In Rhea's absence, Seteth is in charge, and he gives them the church's full support, or what's left of it, in their respective routes.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

Hearing people shit on Revelations is kinda annoying. I do believe there maybe could be a Golden Ending, if we take into account that the conflict could potentially have been prevented if Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude talked to each other about their problems:

unknown.png

Source: TV Tropes

A Golden Ending for this game may be hard to pull off perfectly, but I have a feeling that this could be possible. This would involve adding to the pre-timeskip plot as well as post-timeskip, and involve psychological warfare as well as fighting. My idea is that this golden ending may be triggered in all routes - perhaps by getting a high enough support level with all three house leaders or by your chosen house leader talk to the others in the pre-timeskip class battles. In the post-timeskip, the House Leaders, will eventually realise that the war was pointless or something, and may all work together to rebuild Fodlan both physically and psychologically.

Except none of them are the type of person who would just talk about their problems. Dimitri's been bottling up his rage over Duscur for 8 years and is a walking powder keg, Claude has severe trust issues due to all the racial abuse he's had to deal with his whole life, and Edelgard is a paranoid trauma victim who's about to launch a coup, meaning secrecy is key to successfully launch her offensive. Where exactly do you see them sitting down for a nice pleasant chat?

And it's not like therapists exist in Fodlan, or else Seteth would've hired Rhea a grief counselor after Nemesis was killed and this whole thing wouldn't have happened at all.

25 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Except none of them are the type of person who would just talk about their problems. Dimitri's been bottling up his rage over Duscur for 8 years and is a walking powder keg, Claude has severe trust issues due to all the racial abuse he's had to deal with his whole life, and Edelgard is a paranoid trauma victim who's about to launch a coup, meaning secrecy is key to successfully launch her offensive. Where exactly do you see them sitting down for a nice pleasant chat?

And it's not like therapists exist in Fodlan, or else Seteth would've hired Rhea a grief counselor after Nemesis was killed and this whole thing wouldn't have happened at all.

In each of their routes they place they choose to talk to Byleth about their issues, and ultimately that leads them to victory. All a golden ending requires is for each of them to say to Byleth to eachother, which while it may be hard due to trust issues isn’t completely impossible if things played out a little differently.

Dimitri is tricky since he only came to the monastery to investigate the Tragedy of Duscur. So it would be out of character if he just set that aside for some higher cause. Byleth can't just drop a bomb on him that his mother was involved, but Incidentally, Dimitri was correct in suspecting Arundel (who is secretly Thales) as the culprit until his focus spontaneously shifts to the Flame Emperor, and then Edelgard after that big reveal. You'd have to have a scene where Dimitri learns everything straight from Thales. Thales might confront Byleth at the monastery if he had a good reason - like Byleth exposing Tomas and Monica for who they are and eliminating the Slitherer's second and third biggest plants. Those are the sorts of scenes that I really think would be the most worth watching in a revelations route.

I like the idea its just that making an enemy more grander than Edelgard and TWSITD and Rhea would mean alot of work on writing a character who's further in control of things than Thales. I think it could be done as well just as others said however it would have to reduce the number of characters that you can use (for example if you were to make it so that Rhea would be one enemy along TWSITD or die characters like Seteth, Flayn Catherine and Cyril wpuld have to be unusable until and even after she is defeated tho Flayn may be an exception from this as she i feel is more willing to change her mind).Another example would be to have Claude flee midway as he believes Byleth can finish the rest and have him take certain character too like Hilda or Lorenz. You could do something similar with Edelgard/Hubert and Dimitri/Dedue Other than that the amount of chapters would have to be expanded to include further battles and story for all characters.

I don't see this working. Dimitri is insistent on vengeance against Edelgard in all routes, excepting the ending of Azure Moon. And in that route, Edelgard is too stubborn/proud to surrender and accept mercy. I don't think either one can be reasonably convinced to the contrary. The best I could see is Claude allying with Edelgard on CF, or with Dimitri on AM. Finally, I prefer sympathetic villains, like Rhea or Edelgard, over the stupidly evil Slitherers.

14 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Hearing people shit on Revelations is kinda annoying. I do believe there maybe could be a Golden Ending, if we take into account that the conflict could potentially have been prevented if Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude talked to each other about their problems:

unknown.png

Source: TV Tropes

A Golden Ending for this game may be hard to pull off perfectly, but I have a feeling that this could be possible. This would involve adding to the pre-timeskip plot as well as post-timeskip, and involve psychological warfare as well as fighting. My idea is that this golden ending may be triggered in all routes - perhaps by getting a high enough support level with all three house leaders or by your chosen house leader talk to the others in the pre-timeskip class battles. In the post-timeskip, the House Leaders, will eventually realise that the war was pointless or something, and may all work together to rebuild Fodlan both physically and psychologically.

Exactly! People on here saying that we shouldn't have a "Golden Route" (don't like the term golden route, seems too bias towards Claude, lol) are either plain unimaginative or want everyone in the world to not enjoy something that literally wouldn't affect them simply because of their own personal tastes.

I say have that option. Have it so that, if you play your supports right and make certain choices, albeit difficult, you could persuade members to actually tolerate or even get along well with one another. Why is there no support options between Edelgard and Dimitri, EVER? Not even pre-timeskip? Why? It's ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind said 5th route. Though I wouldn't call it a "Golden Route" so to say. I wouldn't even call it a "Revelations". I don't mind the fact that it wasn't made, but I certainly wouldn't have minded the fact if it was.

If I had to give my two cents on how to execute said 5th route, I'd personally do it this way (Though please note that the only route I haven't done is Silver Snow, so if there is a large piece of information I am missing that throws this out the window, please disregard my statements here, and please do let me know that I should play Silver Snow before trying to make some idea that really isn't going to matter. Also I'm sorry if all of this seems scattered, choppy, etc. Also obligatory SPOILER WARNING):

At least two other routes must have been completed (with a few changes here and there, will explain later)

Sothis knows exactly who she is. No amnesia, nothing of the sort. Byleth has been this sort of "silent, expressionless" person all their life due to Sothis being in their head. This is due to the fact that They consider Sothis a friend (and she does them), and so therefore, Byleth doesn't see the point of talking most, if not all, of the time due to traveling around with a mercenary band all their life. I would say the "expressionless" part is mostly due to Byleth expressing emotions in their head with Sothis, and because they are doing so inside their head to someone else, their body doesn't feel the need to do it physically. 

However, I will say that because of the way Sothis technically died, she is exhausted and most of her power is sealed, which explains the limited divine pulse and the constant napping (although Sothis doesn't need to be a sleepyhead). Through Byleth's 20ish years of life, Sothis would slowly tell them about her previous life, talking about Rhea, the constant experiments that she did, the Red Canyon, etc.

So when Byleth meets Dmitri, Claude, and Edelguard for the first time, Byleth sort of knows what's going on (in the first few chapters of the story, but the player does not. This is to establish that WE are not Byleth, and that Byleth is some type of unreliable narrator. I personally don't like the avatar system to an extent. I think having a customizable character is a great idea, but to have US the player as that character? No thank you. Which is why I would propose that even though we can still customize Byleth to an extent, WE are not Byleth, and when we make choices for Byleth, it is Byleth thinking about what they can say, not to give US the player a choice). 

First, a few small changes (technically huge ones) to Crimson Flower: Rhea is more mentally unstable, and any options to spare students are not there (this particular change is for all three routes, and under the assumption that you cannot recruit students from other houses). When Rhea dies, the crest stone inside Byleth does not break.

After Byleth sees the destruction of at least one route, they resolve to refuse to let this war happen, and Sothis pushes her power to the limit to divine pulse back to the beginning of the game, so that Byleth has another chance at trying to stop this war. For the "5th route" (yay, i'm finally talking about it), Byleth or Sothis (through Byleth) would propose to Rhea and Seteth, that instead of the three of them teaching the three houses separately, they each collaborate to teach all three houses at once. Byleth would support this idea with the fact that it might make stronger diplomatic relations among the students, so that the "unstable peace" can become more stable. No one wants a war breaking out, and if the future leaders of Fodlan were friends in what is essentially high school, than the start of a war would be less likely, as logic might dictate.

Rhea, intrigued by a new idea, would most likely support this. Seteth might be a littler cautious about it. Thus the three classrooms become a single, large lecture hall (or something like that). 

So, the issue of Sothis not telling Byleth to let Rhea know that she, Sothis, is alive. I would say that Sothis disapproves of what Rhea is doing, and what she's done, and so Sothis is angry enough to just not say anything to Rhea. Sothis would also say that doing so might result in Byleth (at least in heart and soul) might be killed due to Rhea wanting her mother back, not some random stranger AND her mother.

The player would then go through the game as Byleth, with Sothis, raising support with all three lords, and trying to raise support between the students from different houses. Due to Byleth's prior knowledge of each student, they would be more successful in doing so. 

I would say this also unlocks a "group support" between the three lords and Byleth, in which all 4 of them are present and are talking. Each support would be story locked. I would say the C support would be obtainable after the Lonato chapter, in which Byleth and the three lords talk about the church, and begin to talk about crests. it would essentially show Byleth the problem of how close minded the three lords are to one another, albiet how similar their ideas are. After the Miklan chapter, the C+ support would be obtainable. This is when Byleth openly discusses crests, and would ask that all three write some type of essay on their views (This essay would probably be given as a whole class assignment). Due to this being after Miklan, Byleth would have heard part of their views after the raid on the tower. All three lords believe that crests, in some way, shape, or form (from what I've seen), should not be the center of the universe. Byleth, after reading these essays in silent, would call all three lords and say something along the lines of "these essays are all the same."

Byleth would explain how uncanny it is that all three lords wrote similar essays, and would ask (as it is their job) if they collaborated. When the lords deny it, Byleth would say something similar to "Then perhaps the three of you should talk more. You all have similar ideas, perhaps the future leaders of Fodlan will be able to lead us to a more prosperous future", indicating to the lords that the three of them might share the same goals.

The B support would be obtainable after the Remire village chapter (where you fight Solon and meet the flame emperor for the first time). However, one small change: Byleth would confront the Flame emperor alone, without Jeralt. The Flame Emperor would do his thing, asking Byleth to join him, and claim that they didn't order this attack. Byleth would immediately up and say something similar to "Listen, Edelgard. Regardless of whether you did or not, you have given me no evidence?" The FE would obviously be shocked at this statement, and Byleth would continue. "There's no reason to start a war over crests. The others are coming. Go." and the FE would flee in a panic when they see Jeralt + the other Lords coming. 

The B support would contain the lords and Byleth talking about the Flame Emperor. Dmitri would say its unforgivable that innocents were harmed, Claude would agree. Byleth would play devil's advocate and say the FE stated that he didn't do it. Dmitri would obviously get angry over this, and Byleth would talk about how some subordinates or allies do what they want without the approval of others. Claude would be shocked, but would eventually agree that its a possibility that the FE's minions are so devout, that they might go against their leader's wishes to help their leader in the long run, and so that wouldn't be the fault of the leader, though the leader would have to take responsibility. Dmitri would reluctantly agree that the culprits should be caught, and if it is proven that the FE didn't have a hand in the Remire Village incident, he would calm down. Edelgard would be silent this whole time, and Claude would touch on this with some type of remark. Edelgard would then excuse herself, thus ending the support.

The B+ support would be obtainable after the death of Jeralt. It would start by Edelgard coming to Byleth, apologizing for his death, saying that it wasn't supposed to happen. Dmitri and Claude would then enter, with Claude making a remark about how Edelgard is acting like she stabbed Jeralt herself, or ordered it. The conversation would then spiral to what the FE wants. Claude would say that it has to be something against the church, as it's the only thing that makes sense, but the reason is unknown. "if only there was a way to talk things through". Dmitri could then bring up the fact that Lady Rhea isn't "clean" herself, stating that the execution of the western church members make her no different than that of Solon and Kronya. Claude would be shocked at this and ask Dmitri to quiet down, as they might be heard by a knight of Seiros. Edelgard would then say something along the lines of "but doesn't that itself prove the point that something is wrong with the Church? They stop conversations like this and restrict certain knowledge from ever reaching the ears of the people". The three lords would talk about this a little bit more but than agree as a whole to investigate the church more. 

Afterwards, Edelgard would write down her knowledge of the churches shortcomings and try and pass it on as a tome she found. She would also try and get TWSITD off her back, saying that there is no reason to work together anymore, since she sees that with the help of Byleth and the other two lords, taking down the church might be possible. 

In the A- support, which would be available after Byleth merges with Sothis, Edelgard would reveal her "findings" to the other three. Claude and Dmitri would be obviously surprised, while Byleth would reveal why their appearance changed---Sothis, the experiments of Rhea, how Rhea created the three factions. They would not mention anything about the divine pulse, as time travel might...cause some problems. Edelgard still has no way of knowing how Byleth knew she was the FE, but she can chalk it up the "oh, god powers". 

After that, that is where most of the game would change. essentially, Byleth would have the three lords and some troops follow them and Rhea to the Holy tomb, and confront Rhea with the evidence that they have. Rhea, would most likely be both enraged and happy (because her mother was alive, enraged at the audacity of them, and the fact that Byleth isn't her mother). However, before she can do anything, TWSITD attack, trying to steal the crest stones. After the fight, they would learn of a huge army coming to attack the Monastery. Big fight, monastery in ruins, At the end, Rhea is assaulted by TWSITD, forcing her to reveal her draconic form. Byleth tries to save her ---> timeskip. 

After Byleth wakes up, they find that TWSITD have taken over Fodlan, the Adestrian Empire and Holy Kingdom are putting up a feeble resistance, and the Alliance is in inner turmoil as TWSITD is using the Gloucestor family to try and undermine Claude. Rhea is nowhere to be found. Byleth enters the ruined monastery to find what remains of the Knights of seiros, distraught over the loss of Rhea. Byleth rallies them together, stating that the evil that is TWSITD must be purged, as they caused all this death and destruction. The timeskip would essentially be the player going all over Fodlan to defeat TWSITD, gathering former students and eventually recovering Rhea's battered body in Shambhala. 

The A support would be after all three lords are saved by Byleth, and they all vow to make Fodlan a peaceful place. Rhea would step down from her position as Archbishop, but state that the common people still need someone to look up to. The three lords agree to some extent, each with their own problems, But Byleth vows to make sure the church doesn't go down the wrong path. With the new Dawn of Fodlan near, they begin preparations to  fix the problems that have been plaguing Fodlan: isolation, racism, crests, etc. That's when the final battle starts, and they fight a resurrected nemesis, the ten elites, etc. 

The epilogue would show how the Church would become a smaller figure in the governing of Fodlan, while the three lords unify Fodlan over the years, and eventually make Fodlan a much more prosperous place.

Wow. That was really long.

Honestly instead of Edelgard I think if anyone went back in time it should be Rhea because she is the only one who really has the ability to talk Dimitri from being crazy and having a ability to get all three of the Lord's to even converse with each other as much as edelgard hates her she's still a student there in the not be suspicious she'll show up to a meeting The main character and Rhea could tell them about the situation  I also think it would be best to include sothis I mean she came from a far away land they could have a story that in the future of falling God had came chasing her and that's why she had went the Fodlan in the first place

Edited by jawaunw

so created an account to just kind of throw out a way to make this work that even the people who hated revelations could possibly get behind.

instead of edelgard going back why not have it be byleth and sothis? now the set up would require you to do every path in order to unlock this route making it impossible to just jump into it like you could with revelations(the reason i disliked it mostly), then have the new game you start be called called dejavu or something along those lines with sothis realizing that youve relived the same frame of time four times. this would allow for them to add a new BBEG maybe someone whos on sothis' level of power who is trying to destroy not only fodlan but sothis herself.

so realizing this at the start sothis uses her powers to basically bring a bit of your power back with you making byleth start out a little more powerful say making his skill levels all the highest they were through all paths(say you had an A in brawling in one path but E in another the A would overwrite the E) but this lets the BBEG in on you figuring out hes there so now he decides to use what he knows of the possible timelines to push fodlan towards its doom. the only way to not get a bad ending requires you to use what you had learned in the other paths to convince each person to work with you to save the world, making this more of a fight against far more powerful TWSITD as they now need not fight in the shadows as they have the support of their god. you can even have tyhe first half end with sothis coming back as a new unit due to your efforts(maybe kill off rhea to pull it off)

hell you can even have it require you to do something specific in each mission in order not to fail like kill kronika before you beat the last enemy on the save the students level were jearelt dies or talking to the death knight about his past(hell offer him a sweet to stop while calling him emile) there are so many options that could be used in this kind of time loop story.

the best part is no one has a reason to hate it as its something you actually have to work for and makes each route meaningful.

One solution to ensure it can't be a golden route is that Byleth is presented a set of choices that can drive either Edelgard or Dimitri away. If you mean more towards Edelgard then Dimitri gives in to his madness and need to be put down like old yeller. If you drive away Edelgard she'll get frustrated and try to do it all on her own, leading to the Slitherers mutating her into a puppet Hegemon Edelgard that must also be put down like old yeller.