What would a combined Tellius marathon draft tier list look like?

Alastor15243

So, suppose someone were to do a draft where you have to draft characters for both games. You take a list of every character who appears in both FE9 and FE10, draft your picks, and then you do a run of both games consecutively where you're only allowed to use those characters in either game (except for seizing and the like with force-deploy main characters like Ike) if you've drafted them. So you're drafting units based on their combined usefulness throughout both games, with the Radiant Dawn exclusive characters being their own, separate draft done afterwards. You're allowed to use your draft playthrough's carryover bonuses when moving from FE9 to FE10.

Who would be the major top picks for such a draft? Which characters have the best combined usefulness from both games, or are amazing enough in one game that they're worth picking regardless of how they perform in the other?

Edited by Alastor15243

Thing is, drafts take into account which units would heavily unbalance the game, so I think it would look something like this:

Ike would be free, full stop.  So would Micaiah, Sothe (RD), and Titania (PoR).  Reyson would most likely be free for PoR, but not for RD.  Haar would either be free or banned.  A bunch of characters would be free on certain maps (otherwise stuff like part 2 in RD would be impossible).

Jill would be a top-tier pick, as she's good in both games, and has great availability in RD (relatively speaking).  Zihark/Ilyana would also have good availability in both games.  Meanwhile, Tormod/Muarim would be lower, because they don't exist for very long in RD (and add the Crimeans to the list).  If transfers were allowed, Soren would be amazing.

Just out of curiosity I went looking for a combined FE9 &FE10 draft, and it made it perfectly clear that it would depend a LOT on what the rules for the draft are. If you are also curious this is the one I stumbled upon:

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/34390-fe9fe10-tellius-draft-4/

Ohh boy, that sounds like a mess, but maybe a very fun mess.

Ignoring unit's that are probably free/banned, Jill is pretty easily the best unit on the Dawn Brigade side (maybe too good) and probably Oscar on the Greil Merc side, I'd say.

Zihark and Ilyana are obviously good. Ilyana probably has the best availability of any unit overall (not sure, haven't done math).

The Greil Mercs have some other good units like Boyd, Mia and Soren. Really any unit that joins early in PoR and stays with them is pretty good, cause they're bound to available a decent amount.

The real question for multiple units is how RD availability and some units being free, because of perspective switches, impacts things. Marcia is really good in PoR for example, but not as great in RD. She's in very few chapters, and one of the chapters she is in is easy because either Haar is free or Haar is banned and she is free. Also keep in mind, assuming normal difficulty for both games, PoR is a lot easier than RD. PoR hard and RD normal might make it more interesting.

All in all very much depends on the rules of the draft.

Also how do you handle Largo?

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Tormod/Muarim would be lower, because they don't exist for very long in RD

I don't know why that's so funny to me, but I just imagined them phasing in and out of existence with a Thanos snap.

Edited by Classic