Chinese class ideas

Ninjato

I haven't found many discussions on this particular topic, if we get a Chinese Kingdom in Fire Emblem like how we got the Japanese inspired Hoshido what new classes can you imagine for this faction? Are there any already existing ones that could fit a Chinese aesthetic (like the Scythian/Mongolic Sacaen Nomads from Elibe)? One class that comes to mind right of the bat is Monk/Shaolin but that's to easy so let's get that outta the way now. C'mon lets see what you guys can come up with.

1 hour ago, Ninjato said:

I haven't found many discussions on this particular topic, if we get a Chinese Kingdom in Fire Emblem like how we got the Japanese inspired Hoshido what new classes can you imagine for this faction? Are there any already existing ones that could fit a Chinese aesthetic (like the Scythian/Mongolic Sacaen Nomads from Elibe)? One class that comes to mind right of the bat is Monk/Shaolin but that's to easy so let's get that outta the way now. C'mon lets see what you guys can come up with.

My idea for a fire emblem game is basically "roman empire vs chinese empire" so i am working on that right now. I am already sure that Kirin Knights would be the flyer class, and that there is going to be a dedicated crossbow class, but other than that i am still deciding the speciphics. 

29 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

My idea for a fire emblem game is basically "roman empire vs chinese empire" so i am working on that right now. I am already sure that Kirin Knights would be the flyer class, and that there is going to be a dedicated crossbow class, but other than that i am still deciding the speciphics. 

That sounds severely cool, if this thread gets some traction maybe it'll help you brainstorm a bit

While this is more East Asian from what I've read, the Hwacha as a siege weapon would be cool. It could launch rockets at random into a set zone, maybe a 5 by 5 square.

For a class, a firearms, or technician based class would be nice. They could wield swords, but have possibly unique access to firearms, which would be super heavy, but have ridiculous range and power. Accuracy is a maybe.

Read a bit Xian Xia and Flying swords are always a thing. So While I don't have a name I would go for something like a "Cultivator" class. 
They could use normal Weapons with +1/+2 range. 

Or they even could go further and make a class which can fly on swords. Which is also a thing. xD But I guess the first one translates better to FE.

I recently had a tangentially related idea, but it didn't draw a lot on Chinese themes.

Now, a lot of people will think of gunpowder when discussing Chinese military innovations, but I'm not so sure.
For my money, the most iconic piece of Chinese military engineering is the Chu-Ko-Nu.