Smash Bros. Boss Creation (Revival) Thread:

vanguard333

Create a Smash Bros. Boss. 

Here's an example: 

Spoiler

Boss: Dark Phantom

Game of Origin: Mega Man Star Force 2

Setting:  Takes place on a 3x6 grid like that which appears during combat in Mega Man Star Force, though only the front row of tiles gets occupied. 

What the Boss Does: Dark Phantom fights like, well, a Phantom: he rapidly teleports around the stage between each attack. He attacks fairly quickly, though there is a brief 'charge' period before he attacks. 

• Phantom Illusion: When he teleports around the stage, hitting him while he appears will cause him to simply vanish. Sometimes, he will immediately re-appear and attack you. 
  • Cane Sword: Dark Phantom attempts a downward cut at the player using his cane-sword. If he fails the first time, he will try again up to three times; teleporting into position each time. 
  • Phantom Claw: Dark Phantom unleashes a large shadow claw from his chest in a straight-line attack that is 3-tiles long. This attack deals heavy damage to shields. 
  • Evil Claw: When he's teleporting around, sometimes a shadow hand will emerge from a vacant tile and attack the player. This happens more often as he takes more damage. 
  • Phantom Slash: Dark Phantom teleports relatively near the player and spins around rapidly with his sword outstretched; creating a dark cyclone that hits many times and can do a crazy amount of damage. This attack will break the player's shield and do damage and it can't be jumped over, so dodge-rolling out of its way is the only option. 

Strategy: The player must survive the teleportation phase and attack during his attack phase while taking care to avoid his attacks. Ranged characters can keep their distance, while melee characters should get behind him and strike. 

Intro/Defeat: For the intro, Hyde appears, tips his hat to the opponent, summons his UMA Phantom and wave-changes into Dark Phantom. On defeat, he explodes like a Mega Man boss. 

Who Fights This Boss in Classic Mode: Mega Man (mid-boss), Joker (mid-boss), Bayonetta (mid-boss), Pit (mid-boss)

Location in the World of Light: the World of Darkness, naturally. Beyond that, I have no idea. 

Boss: Dragaux

Game of Origin: Ring Fit Adventure (2019)

What does the boss do?

-Scuttlebell Smash: Dragaux lets his Scuttlebells float around and drop wherever the player is (20%, medium knockback)

-Push-Upheaval: Dragaux does three push-ups that shake the ground like an earthquake (10% each hit, medium knockback). Each shaking trips the player.

-Warrior Step: Dragaux performs a Warrior 1 Pose and attempts to stomp the player (14%, OK knockback); he will do this three times, and any successful stomps ground the player.

-Handstand Blades: Dragaux jumps into the background and performs a handstand. He then flaps his wings, which summons six blades of wind three times (6% each, small knockback)

-Kennelbell Drop: Dragaux picks up two Kennelbells and drops each one from one hand at a time (25%, medium knockback)

-Crate Toss: Dragaux roars and flies deeper into the background. Looking menacingly at the player, he punches boxes and rocks, one fist at a time, into the foreground (9% each, small knockback). He then pushes all obstacles into the foreground three times, using his wings. The boxes can be broken, and both the boxes and rocks can be reflected back to Dragaux for chip damage.

Setting/Intro: Dragaux Stadium, the boss stage of every world in Ring Fit Adventure. Dragaux does either a Warrior I Pose, a handstand, or push-ups before noticing the player and getting ready for battle.

Defeat: His defeat animation from Ring Fit Adventure.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?

-Dark Samus (a dark influence that poisons the mind)

-Dr. Mario (colors play a role in the Fit Battle system later on in the game)

-Wario (big bad brute)

-Ike (Black and muscly dragon; plays Against the Black Knight)

-Wii Fit Trainer (RFA’s predecessor)

-Ridley (compared to Dragaux, he’s quite literally bony)

Music

Edited by Perkilator

Boss: Grima

Game of Origin: Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia

What does the boss do?:

Expiration: A giant but surprisingly quick purple flame attacks the player that comes from dragon Grima's mouth.

Dark Spikes: Small spikes appear on the floor. The spikes will grow after a few seconds and damage the player.

Risen: If let alone for too long Grima will summon two dark mii fighter like creatures with 50 health each.

Ignis: A stronger Expiration he does at half health, the flame is now blue and will home the player for a few seconds before launching forward not matter if it hits or not, Can not do friendly fire.

Setting/Intro: On Grima's back in the final chapter of Awakening. Grima teleports on the end of stadium near Grima's head and a text box appears saying "I am the wings of despair. I am the breath of ruin. I am the fell dragon, Grima! Pay me respect I am due, and I will consider granting you a quick death when the time comes." Then a evil laugh cackles while Grima's sprite laughs.

Defeat: Grima's sprite falls over and the stadium shakes as a textbox reads "Mere... worms..." After the text box disappears a voice shouts "DAMN YOU!" as the screen cuts to black and to your victory pose.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?:

Robin

Lucina

Chrom

Marth

Byleth

Corrin

Ike

Music:

Monstrosity

Edited by Deathcon
Fixing

8 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Game of Origin: Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia

What does the boss do?:

Expiration: A giant but surprisingly quick purple flame attacks the player that comes from dragon Grima's mouth.

Dark Spikes: Small spikes appear on the floor. The spikes will grow after a few seconds and damage the player.

Risen: If let alone for too long Grima will summon two dark mii fighter like creatures with 50 health each.

Ignis: A stronger Expiration he does at half health, the flame is now blue and will home the player for a few seconds before launching forward not matter if it hits or not, Can not do friendly fire.

Setting/Intro: On Grima's back in the final chapter of Awakening. Grima teleports on the end of stadium near Grima's head and a text box appears saying "I am the wings of despair. I am the breath of ruin. I am the fell dragon, Grima! Pay me respect I am due, and I will consider granting you a quick death when the time comes." Then a evil laugh cackles while Grima's sprite laughs.

Defeat: Grima's sprite falls over and the stadium shakes as a textbox reads "Mere... worms..." After the text box disappears a voice shouts "DAMN YOU!" as the screen cuts to black and to your victory pose.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?:

Robin

Lucina

Chrom

Marth

Byleth

Corrin

Ike

Music:

Monstrosity

Cool! This is a lot like my idea for Grima that I came up with in the original thread:

Spoiler

Game of Origin: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Setting: Grima isn't just the boss, he's the stage. The fight takes place on his back: a slightly rounded platform with a sheer drop on both sides. In the background is the rest of his back, with his wings, neck and head plainly visible. His neck is turned in a 180-degree bend and his head is facing player character. Like in Awakening, his head changes shape as he takes damage. 

What the Boss Does: As I said; Grima is the stage and the boss. While his main dragon body acts as the stage, his Possessed-Robin body levitates above and around the stage. He floats around and flies around. When it stops moving, it is getting ready to unleash an attack. Some of his attacks are unleashed by the Robin body, and some are unleashed by the dragon body. 

Possessed Robin Attacks:

• Fell-Wind: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-right corner and unleashes large dark purple arcs diagonally such that they go further and further across the stage. 
  • Fell-Fire: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-left corner and unleashes a group of large dark-purple fires onto random parts of the stage. 
  • Fell-Thunder: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-middle of the screen and unleashes a dark-purple thunderstorm upon the stage (a series of vertical lightning strikes).
  • Aversa's Night: Possessed-Robin floats behind the player character and attempts to grab them with a ranged attack. If successful, Grima then drains HP from the player character in a manner similar to Nosferatu, but even stronger. 

Fell Dragon Grima Attacks: 

• Expiration: Grima's eyes glow, the area the player character is currently at is targeted, and Grima unleashes a Fell Breath attack upon that part of the stage. 
  • Flying Beast: Grima turns sharply mid-flight;  tilting his body strongly to the left or right and making the player have to grab the top corner of the stage or slide off and plummet. 

Strategy: The player must attack the Possessed-Robin body to damage Grima. It can be difficult to hit him while he's moving, so the best time to do so occurs when he's unleashing an attack.

• If he uses Fell-Wind, get underneath him and attack using up-air.
  • If he uses Fell-Fire, avoid the fire (they're too big to side-step through) and hit him. 
  • If he uses Fell-Thunder, wait for the lightning to stop, and then strike. 
  • If he uses Aversa's Night, shield or side-step the projectile and hit him during his lag. 
  • If he uses Expiration, quickly get away from the attack and hit Robin. 
  • If he uses Flying Beast, attack him only if you're sure you can get back to the corner-ledge. 

Intro/Defeat: For the intro, Possessed-Robin appears in a dark portal on Grima's back. Once his HP is reduced to zero, Possessed-Robin slowly falls onto the stage and falls forward on his belly while Grima's head thrashes and cries out in pain before the body crash-lands onto a field in Ylisse. 

Who Fights This Boss in Classic Mode: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin (to represent fighting Anankos). 

Location in the World of Light: the World of Darkness, naturally. Beyond that, I have no idea. 

Basically, I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential in the final chapter of Awakening with having the fight be on the back of the very dragon they're trying to kill, and this is a reflection of that potential. What do you think? Is anything unclear, or is there a way it could perhaps be improved?

I do like the idea of Grima summoning Risen to help. That's very cool. 

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Cool! This is a lot like my idea for Grima that I came up with in the original thread:

Reveal hidden contents

Game of Origin: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Setting: Grima isn't just the boss, he's the stage. The fight takes place on his back: a slightly rounded platform with a sheer drop on both sides. In the background is the rest of his back, with his wings, neck and head plainly visible. His neck is turned in a 180-degree bend and his head is facing player character. Like in Awakening, his head changes shape as he takes damage. 

What the Boss Does: As I said; Grima is the stage and the boss. While his main dragon body acts as the stage, his Possessed-Robin body levitates above and around the stage. He floats around and flies around. When it stops moving, it is getting ready to unleash an attack. Some of his attacks are unleashed by the Robin body, and some are unleashed by the dragon body. 

Possessed Robin Attacks:

• Fell-Wind: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-right corner and unleashes large dark purple arcs diagonally such that they go further and further across the stage. 
  • Fell-Fire: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-left corner and unleashes a group of large dark-purple fires onto random parts of the stage. 
  • Fell-Thunder: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-middle of the screen and unleashes a dark-purple thunderstorm upon the stage (a series of vertical lightning strikes).
  • Aversa's Night: Possessed-Robin floats behind the player character and attempts to grab them with a ranged attack. If successful, Grima then drains HP from the player character in a manner similar to Nosferatu, but even stronger. 

Fell Dragon Grima Attacks: 

• Expiration: Grima's eyes glow, the area the player character is currently at is targeted, and Grima unleashes a Fell Breath attack upon that part of the stage. 
  • Flying Beast: Grima turns sharply mid-flight;  tilting his body strongly to the left or right and making the player have to grab the top corner of the stage or slide off and plummet. 

Strategy: The player must attack the Possessed-Robin body to damage Grima. It can be difficult to hit him while he's moving, so the best time to do so occurs when he's unleashing an attack.

• If he uses Fell-Wind, get underneath him and attack using up-air.
  • If he uses Fell-Fire, avoid the fire (they're too big to side-step through) and hit him. 
  • If he uses Fell-Thunder, wait for the lightning to stop, and then strike. 
  • If he uses Aversa's Night, shield or side-step the projectile and hit him during his lag. 
  • If he uses Expiration, quickly get away from the attack and hit Robin. 
  • If he uses Flying Beast, attack him only if you're sure you can get back to the corner-ledge. 

Intro/Defeat: For the intro, Possessed-Robin appears in a dark portal on Grima's back. Once his HP is reduced to zero, Possessed-Robin slowly falls onto the stage and falls forward on his belly while Grima's head thrashes and cries out in pain before the body crash-lands onto a field in Ylisse. 

Who Fights This Boss in Classic Mode: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin (to represent fighting Anankos). 

Basically, I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential in the final chapter of Awakening with having the fight be on the back of the very dragon they're trying to kill, and this is a reflection of that potential. What do you think? Is anything unclear, or is there a way it could perhaps be improved?

I do like the idea of Grima summoning Risen to help. That's very cool. 

Cool, didn't know you did a Grima already.

• 4 weeks later...

338-3381624_crash-bandicoot-n-dr-n-gin-mech.png.ad69b8179607afae857539bb39766c66.png
Boss: Dr. N. Gin

Game of Origin: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (1997)

What does the boss do?

N. Gin’s battle mech would be an entirely new design (use the above attachment as a basis). The glowing claws are detached from the main body and remote-controlled, while the shoulders have gatling guns with missiles in the center slot attached to them.

Phase 1: N. Gina's mech's claws, which are in the background, start floating around just near the platforms.

-Energy Laser: N. Gin fires a laser from both his mech’s claws, which move up and down in opposite directions going from one side to another (8% each, small knockback)

-Energy Circle: One of the claws creates a cross of smaller lasers and turns it around either to the left or right for four turns (6% each, small knockback)

-Claw Rush: N. Gin shoots lasers from one of his claws facing diagonally downwards (6% each, small knockback), and then rushes in by spinning his claw like a drill (14%, OK knockback)

-Death Grip: One of the mech's claws will try to grab the player. If successful, the claw blasts the player twice (16%), and then shoots them down onto the ground (13%, OK knockback)

611249605_N._Gins_Mech_N._Sane_Trilogy.png.4de5387b36ad2aa1d4e714d7390d5473.png

Phase 2: The green energy core inside the mech-a satellite in the shape of a hexagon-shows itself, and N. Gin starts using the two gatling guns on its shoulders.

-Laser Pellets: The core starts shooting large groups of tiny green lasers all around the stage (1% each, small knockback)

-Core Laser: The core fires a longer laser that goes from either the left or right (15%, OK knockback)

-Gatling Rain: The gatling guns shoot bullet-like lasers onto one half of the stage (1-2% each, small knockback)

-Sneaky Missile: Three missiles from the center of either gun fires off and comes in from a side (7% each, OK knockback; for example, missiles from the right gun come in from the right). There will be a hole in between the missiles to which the player can get to safety.

N. Gin’s battle mech is entirely in the background and never faces the player. So what do you do? You attack the glowing claws and the green circle core from which he shoots his laser beams.

Setting/Intro: The space station where he is fought in Crash 2. The intro is based on the one in that game as well.

Defeat: Exactly the same as in Crash 2, where N. Gin's mech explodes and he flies off into space.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?

-Fox (N. Gin's mech resembles enemy ships from the Star Fox series)

-Daisy (N. Gin's mech is similar in design to Tatanga's)

-Zero Suit Samus (N. Gin's mech has two giant robotic claws)

-Sonic (N. Gin's mech is pretty Eggman-esque)

-Cloud (N. Gin's mech is essentially a weaponized vehicle)

-Ridley (The fight takes place in a space station)

And Crash, if he hypothetically got in and they added DLC bosses. I considered Mega Man as well, but HE already fights Galleom, so I figure it would make complications in programming them both.

Music: Dr. N. Gin's theme

Edited by Perkilator