Jump to content
Kasumi Yoshizawa

Questions for Thracia 776

Recommended Posts

I want to try recruiting him without watching a guide, but I have one important question:

Does the game tell me somewhere which civilian has to talk to which armor knight?

Having the knowledge would make things a lot easier to the already messy recruitment.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a headache to do it without looking it up. If you insist on not using a guide for your first playthrough, just kill Xavier on that playthrough and then look up ways to recruit him from other players' playthroughs.

Or make that the exception to your "no guide" agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a plan for the execution:

My plan is to use the sleep sword on all kinghts with a portrait.

The only place which comes in mind to do it, is the area where they are placed in the beginning.

Since the sleep sword user will be trapped by having asleep enemies next to them, I think the only reliable way is to use rescue / warp on the sleep sword user, right?

I have no one in the team with the required con to rescue the knights once they are green.

Even the body ring from this chapter wouldn't be enough.

The higest possible con would be 17 (Ralph and Dalsin), but the majority of the knights has >16 con.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

 

The only place which comes in mind to do it, is the area where they are placed in the beginning.

Since the sleep sword user will be trapped by having asleep enemies next to them, I think the only reliable way is to use rescue / warp on the sleep sword user, right?

One warning is that Xavier does move and will kill green and blue units if they come into range, but it should work as long as you leave spaces between your clusters of armored units and avoid Xavier's range (you might need to use rescue to keep the civilians from accidentally entering the edge of Xavier's range across the water while they enter that central chamber). I usually start from the edge of the armor's ranges, and retreat until only two could attack the sleep sword wielder, so I always have more room to retreat, but you have to be extra careful about spacing at a couple of choke points.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

One warning is that Xavier does move and will kill green and blue units if they come into range, but it should work as long as you leave spaces between your clusters of armored units and avoid Xavier's range (you might need to use rescue to keep the civilians from accidentally entering the edge of Xavier's range across the water while they enter that central chamber). I usually start from the edge of the armor's ranges, and retreat until only two could attack the sleep sword wielder, so I always have more room to retreat, but you have to be extra careful about spacing at a couple of choke points.

 

 

I thought Xavier and his soldiers had ai specifically to not attack any civilians. I know they'll attack any soldiers that turned green, but still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I thought Xavier and his soldiers had ai specifically to not attack any civilians. I know they'll attack any soldiers that turned green, but still

Just double checked, and you are right, the civilians are not targeted by Xavier or his named Adjutants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xavier only attacks the armor knights once they are green, which does not matter since their survival is no condition for Xavier's recruitment. 

The four generic knights will be killed before with someone who can attack through the wall or bolting at worst. 

10 uses of the sleep staff would not be enough for all of these knights always (12 in total). 

I will use the mentioned the warp / rescue + dancer strategy, since I have no other plan how to get the knights out of my way.  

 

Edited by Falcom Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Xavier only attacks the armor knights once they are green, which does not matter since their survival is no condition for Xavier's recruitment. 

The four generic knights will be killed before with someone who can attack through the wall or bolting at worst. 

10 uses of the sleep staff would not be enough for all of these knights always (12 in total). 

I will use the mentioned the warp / rescue + dancer strategy, since I have no other plan how to get the knights out of my way.  

 

It is possible for the green soldiers to kill the red soldiers however, which can screw you out of recruiting Xavier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

g8OsJHk.png

I did it with rescue / warp strategy; used both twice on Ralph.

Whenever he was surrounded by asleep knights he was rescued and wrapped to a spot where enough space was to let the civilians reach the knights.

Actually he did not even need to rescue any NPC knight.

I wasted the body ring on him for that. ;(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

g8OsJHk.png

I did it with rescue / warp strategy; used both twice on Ralph.

Whenever he was surrounded by asleep knights he was rescued and wrapped to a spot where enough space was to let the civilians reach the knights.

Actually he did not even need to rescue any NPC knight.

I wasted the body ring on him for that. ;(

Congrats on recruiting Xavier 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, and thanks for all the advice!

Imo the recruitment was not tooooooo bad, considering the game made am exception here by allowing asleep to talk in case of the knights.

Though if it was not the case, I really would not have an idea how to recruitment unless stealing all the knights's weapon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Thanks, and thanks for all the advice!

Imo the recruitment was not tooooooo bad, considering the game made am exception here by allowing asleep to talk in case of the knights.

Though if it was not the case, I really would not have an idea how to recruitment unless stealing all the knights's weapon.

 

I did it without sleep in my first run.

It took two hours, abuse of the emulator's rewind feature (so it wasn't even "legit"), a warp staff, a rescue staff, and the deaths of my dancer and my archer. But I got him in the end.

I do not recommend it. It was actually fun, but mostly because I had my two pals with me to laugh the misery off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, Falcom Knight said:

Xavier only attacks the armor knights once they are green, which does not matter since their survival is no condition for Xavier's recruitment. 

Wait so does this mean that the Armor Knights that need to talk to civilians don't need to stay alive to recruit Xavier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did it without sleep in my first run.

It took two hours, abuse of the emulator's rewind feature (so it wasn't even "legit"), a warp staff, a rescue staff, and the deaths of my dancer and my archer. But I got him in the end.

I do not recommend it. It was actually fun, but mostly because I had my two pals with me to laugh the misery off.

What is the rewind feature?

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Wait so does this mean that the Armor Knights that need to talk to civilians don't need to stay alive to recruit Xavier?

No they don't need to stay alive.

Same goes for the children.

pHA78cf.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know - for chapter 19 - which selected unit's slot in the battle preparation matches with which starting position?

I would like to set it up that cavaliers, especially Olwen and Nanna, start next to the enemies whilst every other foot unit who's not Sleuf shall start next to the castle (exit).

Otherwise I would waste too many resources in form of warp, rescue staves etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Cuz Thracia enemies are just super wimpy in general

I'd not say for the entire game.

The enemies don't gain really levels and stats later on.

Though seeing a level 20 armor knight with less strength than he should have at base level is just silly.

 

Anyways I beat the game.

Only E rank despite I got all recruitments, most extra rewards and low turn count for the most late game chapters, but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

I'd not say for the entire game.

The enemies don't gain really levels and stats later on.

Though seeing a level 20 armor knight with less strength than he should have at base level is just silly.

 

Anyways I beat the game.

Only E rank despite I got all recruitments, most extra rewards and low turn count for the most late game chapters, but whatever.

Thracia's enemies are very weak(I think the reason for that is low enemy classes' growths in general). FE5's ranking is pretty harsh, it only takes into account your turn count and number of units in the end(47 needed, if less rank will be lowered by one). It's not hard to get A rank(needed for unlocking Sound Room), but ranks above requires planning

Edited by Altha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...