Attempting to "rebalance" Fire Emblem 8

shanni20

This is a patch I've been making to attempt to "rebalance" FE8.

Some definite changes:

-Debuffed growths and bases almost across the board. (Units like Lute, Knoll, Syrene, Marisa, Amelia, Ewan, etc have been buffed.)

-Stat caps at 20. Magic/Str split as well, as there will Jugdral styled magic swords, and the plan is for the Mage Knight class to get swords. Magic Bows are a plan I will test.

-Personalized promotion. Neimi -> Sniper, Gerik -> Hero, Ewan -> Mage Knight, Artur -> Sage, etc

‐PoR style weapon weight (Strength - WpnWt).

-Removal of classes. Assassin, Summoner, Trainee classes. I'm currently wondering whether I will remove ranger or not, given I don't have anyone to fill the class as of now.

-Skill system. Will be used as a difficulty mechanic and extra balancing mechanic.

Things I am unsure of:

-Mastery skills for hitting level 20?

-I buffed movement for all classes (except foot mage) but in a game like SS with smallish maps, I do not know if that will stay.

-Status of Ranger class

I'll update this with more information as I get closer to it actually being a decent work. Rn only player units have been fixed. Skills have not been decided on yet but I have a rough idea.

Lute is going to have doubling issues because she's going to have pretty terrible strength until promotion, as well as bad movement. I also nerfed her bases a little, her biggest buff is really just that her growth total is really high.

And that does seem like a good idea for sure, that could add a lot to some maps.

Are strength and magic split because if you plan to use strength as a weight mechanic and don't split it , well the game will probably consider Lute magic as the strength stat.

But I like that Thracia esque concept maybe throw in a couple of brave wepaons on enemies just to make it a bit more challenging, anyway I'd recommend checking out thracia roughly so you can implement your ideas...

• 3 weeks later...

How do you change the formula of the game, to do for example PoR style weapon weight (Strength - WpnWt).

I would like to modify many formula, but I don't really where I could start to learn how I can change this sort of things