Does this game deserve a sequel?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does this game deserve a sequel?

• Yes, I love it
    • It’s stupid and the dumbest shit ever, of course it needs a sequel
    • No, one and done
    • No I hate it
    • What’s this game again?

If you like JRPGs in general, you may like this one.

I haven't played it and not sure if I will since I don't have a lot of time these days. If it interests you and you want to play it, I say buy it from a store that will allow you to return it if you ended up not liking it as much as you thought you would.

It's not like FE or SMT, but if you love references then you would probably appreciate it.

IIt's probably not a bad game, but it's probably not for everyone. BUT if you want to try it, go for it.

This game's strongest point is it's battle system. For me it's on par with SMT's press-turn, and that's a huge feat. 

You could say that structurally it's 'Persona Super Light', since you have none of that time management and social link stuff that some may find off putting or tiresome. 

Dungeons are not randomly generated, what makes them a lot more interesting then in P3/P4. They still look kinda samey, therefore sometimes a chore to navigate. That would be my biggest gripe with TMS. Also, don't expect a great story. As Dandy Druid mentioned, TMS is packed with references to both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei. 

Personally I love it. The stylish menus, flashy animations and banging j-pop soundtrack create a very joyful and positive overall impression. 

I like the game, even if the plot is super cheesy. Battle mechanics are pretty good too once you get to mid/late game. I liked this game much more than Octopath Traveler (which remains abandoned after 10 hours). It's not as good as Xenoblade Chronicles but it's definitely solid as a JRPG.

TMS ended up being one of my absolute favorite games and I love it, but I know the game is not for everyone.  The gameplay is great and the story and music are fun, but like I said I know there are people who don't like the way the story ended up so it is up to you if you want to try the game.

Played the game and though it was a decent experience, I like the battle system and the mechanic of making new weapons to get new abilities, however I found some of the idolsphere puzzels and getting attacked by enemies much higher level then you and failing to escape to be annoying. Despite its flaws though I wouldn't mind a sequel