71 members have voted

1. 1. Mark role for remake?

• Bigger role and playable, they need it
    • Playable, it would be fun to kick ass
    • Bigger role, they need more interactions with the lords
    • At least an artwork, otherwise fine
    • Just fine

10 hours ago, Benice said:

I am sold, let me kill the avatar. Please. It is unironically a good idea, though.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

Yes please. if we cant remove him, make him disposable

FE7 have always been about the lord near endgame to me, the game should be able to move on without Mark midgame

Honestly half of the reason I want this is because I keep hearing about people not realizing their characters are dead for several hours in 3H, it'd be hilarious to me if that could actually happen to their OC. (Plus Mark isn't that needed and it'd actually provide a valid reason they aren't in FE6 when they get burnt to ashes by the dragon.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Samz707 said:

Honestly half of the reason I want this is because I keep hearing about people not realizing their characters are dead for several hours in 3H, it'd be hilarious to me if that could actually happen to their OC.

How do you miss a character dying? Unless you're @Benice and overwrote Rath's death-quote... and to his credit he still didn't miss it. But I'd have totally understood if he did.

52 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Unless you're @Benice and overwrote Rath's death-quote... and to his credit he still didn't miss it. But I'd have totally understood if he did.

That...Wasn't my finest moment.

53 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

How do you miss a character dying?

As someone else who can't tell when people die in TH-People retreat soo much! Plus the fact that sometimes they don't do the death animation, (Like, they don't fall over) and it isn't necessarily made clear if they died or retreated. I legitimately thought Solon was still alive until about ch. 11, 'Cause he didn't do the death animation, and his quote was more or less "Ah well, that's a rip."

1 minute ago, Benice said:

That...Wasn't my finest moment.

As someone else who can't tell when people die in TH-People retreat soo much! Plus the fact that sometimes they don't do the death animation, (Like, they don't fall over) and it isn't necessarily made clear if they died or retreated. I legitimately thought Solon was still alive until about ch. 11, 'Cause he didn't do the death animation, and his quote was more or less "Ah well, that's a rip."

I mean... I did mean your own characters. Enemy units is another matter.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

I mean... I did mean your own characters. Enemy units is another matter.

Ah, my bad. It's more clear when player units die, at least.

You think it's bad when you fail to realize someone is dead? Try playing Shadow Dragon. You can skip enemy phases, but the skip doesn't pause to let you know someone is dead. I've lost SO many units like that in the past.

9 minutes ago, GlitchWarrior said:

You think it's bad when you fail to realize someone is dead? Try playing Shadow Dragon. You can skip enemy phases, but the skip doesn't pause to let you know someone is dead. I've lost SO many units like that in the past.

ohhhhh.

I guess I better not skip when I get around to that one then.

• 1 month later...

Bigger role and playable. I'd say Robin-sized in the first part of the game and without the whole Grimeal connection. 

I think having playable avatars is fun to a lot of casual fans, and even fans who've played (but not necessarily beaten) all of the Western releases like me, as it allows them to take an immersive role in the journey. It's just a matter of not having them take over the story, and I don't think Mark would have that problem, since the story is already there. Supports would do a great deal of the work too. 

The real question would be if we can choose for our Mark to look like Morgan from Awakening. I doubt we'd be able to, but I think that would be a nice way to acknowledge the whole "M!Morgan is Mark!" theory. (...and probably reignite it and have rise even stronger than before...) 

I guess since people seem to treat as canon, either change Mark's A rank ending or make it more explicitly non-canon. (Which is what I've always seen it as.)

Since it kinda effects FE6 if it's canon. (Which some to treat it as.)

Edited by Samz707

On 12/16/2020 at 2:46 AM, Samz707 said:

Since it kinda effects FE6 if it's canon.

I mean, or just rewrite the ending. If I am thinking about the correct ending, it does not affect anything except it stating that bern and etruria fought wars over somebody who was not even found.(Which is kinda dumb in concept)

• 1 month later...

I'd really rather not see Mark's role expanded at all. A lot of people here are saying he gets Robin or Corrin-esque praise all throughout the story, but I really don't see it. Characters moving 1/2 a pixel to "face the player" (lol) and saying "huh, hey mark, how bout them tactics" is nothing like Robin/Corrin. Mark reads like an afterthought and the only effect I want him/her to have on gameplay is tacticians stars. 

If there HAS to be a Mark in game, I would ask that they're not a Robin or Corrin. FE7's story is already a mess trying to balance the personalities & pursuits of all three lords, so we don't need 100 more lines of "you're so special avatar-kun" to make that work. I think the best implementation would be this:

-Corrin/Robin style customization

-Maybe some supports but not a hugely expanded role in the story (I want writers to address FE7's shortcomings, not shoehorn in avatar-kun)

-Playable but A) not terribly OP and B) can die like any other unit

I'm not the type to die on a hill defending the integrity of FE7's story but I think a potential remake should address loose ends & plotholes in FE7 as well as generally add to the story instead of expanding on the ~1 line per chapter the lord spends turning toward the screen and talking about how cool it is they have a tactician.