Jump to content

Mark role for remake?  

56 members have voted

  1. 1. Mark role for remake?

    • Bigger role and playable, they need it
    • Playable, it would be fun to kick ass
    • Bigger role, they need more interactions with the lords
    • At least an artwork, otherwise fine
    • Just fine


Recommended Posts

Honestly, Mark with a bigger role wouldn't negatively impact the story much. The other lords already praise them every 5 minutes (not unlike Robin or Corrin). Having them actually be playable and earning that might help the story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remove him entirely. He already was a non entity and making him more than then risk bloating the main cast. Blazing Sword already has three lord characters bouncing off each other as well as two kid dragons, and the occasional minor character. There really isn't much room for someone else and an attempt to force the issue might weaken the three lords. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make him have a bigger role but not playable. Don't give him anything too big in plot especially if he was originally done by another character though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What remake?

Like, theory is fine, but assuming that there will be one is a little much.  That being said, Mark being completely removed is fine by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remove Mark, the story is fine as is, and the Lords deserve to be the focus. I do hope they add more consistent dialogue between the entire team though, instead of just supports. Sort of like in the Tear Ring Saga games, just have some scenes where the team is just talking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always forget Mark exists. They're such a non entity that they're pretty easy to forget. I wouldn't miss them if they were removed, but if they want to have an avatar because avatar, then I hope they don't get too much added screentime. FE7 has a large main cast (the 3 lords + the dragon siblings), so we're already pressed for dialogue time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way in hell they would remove Mark when Avatars are usually adored by the fandom at large(even Corrin score high on popularity polls). Imo he is not really needed as his original incarnation does not add much, but the plot of FE7 can use some tweaks so he may fit somewhere. Also, i am kinda curious in how the would expand the connection whit Robin that was hinted by Lyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

There is no way in hell they would remove Mark when Avatars are usually adored by the fandom at large(even Corrin score high on popularity polls). Imo he is not really needed as his original incarnation does not add much, but the plot of FE7 can use some tweaks so he may fit somewhere. Also, i am kinda curious in how the would expand the connection whit Robin that was hinted by Lyn.

Honestly a few tweaks I would add would be missions dedicated to Mark where you can't use any of the lords, like with Caesar in Wargroove as his missions was him away from the main group.

I would also add a scene where Zephiel hears rumors and pledges to kill any surviving members of such an assassination group or those affiliated with them, when he remembers that the same group tried to kill him in "Battle before dawn", it would give some members like Nino a reason to be chased and reasons why most of the characters in FE7 wasnt back for FE6 (I know she isn't chased if she is with Jaffar, but I ship Nino and Erk damn it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wouldn't mind if Mark was made into a playable character. However, I wouldn't want them to be able to romance ANYONE, and I'd want their screen time only marginally increased.

I would say if he was to romance some characters, make it be realistic such as

1: No Louise, Karla, or anyone canonically married before the game

2: Realistic, but dont leave with the obvious OMG I FUCKING LOVE YOU, Nino and Erk was a perfect example

3: If this is the case, make him get captured by Bern and have Elibe fight over him since that is canon if the best rank is achieved in FE7

Let's also keep options limited with a total of 10 supports

I'd pick

Lyn (Obviously), Isadora (Isadora is willing to dump Harken for Legault), Priscilla, Rebecca, and Vaida for male.

Lyn (Obviously), Rath, Sain, Geitz, and Wil or Guy for female. 

Reasons for each

Lyn: Heavily implied to fall in love with Mark

Isadora: Seemed like Isadora could have a support with Mark if she could

Priscilla: She needs more love

Rebecca: Canonically has a child that is Roy's milk mother

Vaida: Shits and giggles

Rath: Has very few female supports despite him having a daughter in the sequel, and this isnt a case with Ninian and Eliwood since Eliwood has two other supports that end with him married to other women

Sain: Falls in love with any woman

Geitz: Shits and giggles

Wil or Guy: Wil cause he was a member of Lyndis Legion, and Guy cause he is similar to Lyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I would say if he was to romance some characters, make it be realistic such as

1: No Louise, Karla, or anyone canonically married before the game

2: Realistic, but dont leave with the obvious OMG I FUCKING LOVE YOU, Nino and Erk was a perfect example

3: If this is the case, make him get captured by Bern and have Elibe fight over him since that is canon if the best rank is achieved in FE7

Let's also keep options limited with a total of 10 supports

I'd pick

Lyn (Obviously), Isadora (Isadora is willing to dump Harken for Legault), Priscilla, Rebecca, and Vaida for male.

Lyn (Obviously), Rath, Sain, Geitz, and Wil or Guy for female. 

Reasons for each

Lyn: Heavily implied to fall in love with Mark

Isadora: Seemed like Isadora could have a support with Mark if she could

Priscilla: She needs more love

Rebecca: Canonically has a child that is Roy's milk mother

Vaida: Shits and giggles

Rath: Has very few female supports despite him having a daughter in the sequel, and this isnt a case with Ninian and Eliwood since Eliwood has two other supports that end with him married to other women

Sain: Falls in love with any woman

Geitz: Shits and giggles

Wil or Guy: Wil cause he was a member of Lyndis Legion, and Guy cause he is similar to Lyn

If they made Lyn an option, then I'd honestly think they should remove her as an option for Rath/Hector/Eliwood. It would get too cumbersome with all the options and potential kids and such, especially for a story that's mostly kinda set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If they made Lyn an option, then I'd honestly think they should remove her as an option for Rath/Hector/Eliwood. It would get too cumbersome with all the options and potential kids and such, especially for a story that's mostly kinda set.

I guess, but Kent also falls in love with Lyn too

Honestly with how many people that ship Lyn and Mark, it would be a mistake to not have them have supports in a remake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of me thinks they'd do with Mark and EHL what they did with Byleth and ECD. Looks too similar of a set-up, if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Part of me thinks they'd do with Mark and EHL what they did with Byleth and ECD. Looks too similar of a set-up, if you ask me.

You might need to translate EHL and ECD to me cause I have no idea what those mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AvatarofDiscord said:

You might need to translate EHL and ECD to me cause I have no idea what those mean.

Oh, right.

EHL: Eliwood, Hector, Lyn

ECD: Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri

Two men, one woman. Men can pair up only with the female avatar, woman can with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, right.

EHL: Eliwood, Hector, Lyn

ECD: Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri

Two men, one woman. Men can pair up only with the female avatar, woman can with both.

Thanks fam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make Mark a full fleshed avatar like Robin, but don't make Mark's story so 'intrusive' to the plot. Mark can have a side arc, and a mysterious but somewhat fleshed background but that's it. 

The female version would need to have a girl name, maybe Marcella or Marcie which can be considered gender swaped versions of Mark, mirroring Byleth names in Japanese . 

Also add supports with everyone that is pairable  because of the pairing system. Honestly I wouldn't mind if Mark is deleted from the game but turning him a full avatar will help the sales in a business perspective, so that's what I think will happen if a remake is ever done. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone discussing that Mark could potentially select their homeland, which would influence some of their supports and reclass options. Assuming Reclassing gets involved of course. For example, only a female Mark from Ilia could be a Pegasus Knight. I for one say it should instead be like this: Mark selects two classes, a "primary" class and a "secondary" class, or reclassing option. They would join as their primary class, and like in Fates you'd be able to buy Second Seals/Heart Seals with small restrictions, with them being freely available by the time Battle Before Dawn is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as a bigger role, is argue to keep the main story much the same, but perhaps have a side story occur during the timeskip, maybe explaining his/her connection with Robin. I feel that would build on the character without effecting the main core of what is already a pretty solid story. And I will say having him/her be a playable avatar would be a good move. I've always enjoyed the Avatar system, even with its problems. As for supports, I feel other people have already summised them better than I could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they do make him playable, they should also make Lyn mode longer. I hope they give him a different weapon combo to differentiate him from the Robins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...