Hold the phone- do levels carry over?

Benice

I am currently in the midst of a trainee only run is Sacred stones but I can't get anywhere because Amelia is kinda too weak. Whenever someone dies, I just use a save-state to take me back to the preparation screen to save time. If Amelia gained a level then died and I didn't save state back to the preparation screen, would it carry over?

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

I am currently in the midst of a trainee only run is Sacred stones but I can't get anywhere because Amelia is kinda too weak. Whenever someone dies, I just use a save-state to take me back to the preparation screen to save time. If Amelia gained a level then died and I didn't save state back to the preparation screen, would it carry over?

A save state is like a screenshot of a moment of time in your playthrough.

If Amelia dies, she dies. The level she gained if you back to the prep screen won't go back with her. The only way for the level to be there is if you had a save state between her level up and her death, and you fix the mistake by altering your strategy to where she would survive.

20 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

A save state is like a screenshot of a moment of time in your playthrough.

If Amelia dies, she dies. The level she gained if you back to the prep screen won't go back with her. The only way for the level to be there is if you had a save state between her level up and her death, and you fix the mistake by altering your strategy to where she would survive.

Thanks. I know in some games, if you get game-overed, you carry over stats and stuff. It appears that SS doesn't have that.

Savestates aren't supported by the game itself, anyway. They are literally just 'the game takes you back to the point you saved at; anything that happened past that was not saved, there is no way for the game to know what happened'. But it won't do that with usual in-game saves, either. Not in any game in the series, as far as I'm aware, besides Heroes.

• 3 months later...