Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What crossover spinoff do you think would work well?

What genre would the crossover be?

What lords would you love to see involved? What non lords would you love to see involved?

And what other spinoff ideas would you like to see for fire emblem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a FE game in a LoZ setting so I can finally S-support the farm waman in Lon-Lon Ranch!

In all seriousness, I want that because LoZ and FE are the only video game series I've ever played multiple games of. They're my two buggest gaming loves and I want the two rolled together. Alternatively, LoZ in an FE setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire Emblem x Warhammer 40k, and thats actually an idea I've been tossing around for a while now + may try to use at some point in the writing competition thread. 
_____

Basically--in 40k--the lore holds that humans colonized millions of worlds across the galaxy some ~20,000 years before the established date in the current setting.

...and then there was an Age of Regression where all those worlds lost contact with one another + lost technology and knowledge of their past, to the point that many of the isolated worlds no longer even remember that human civilization originated off-world + exists on other worlds across the greater galaxy...

(with some of the isolated worlds even regressing to feudal levels of technology + understanding of the mind-science / psionic abilities that feudal societies regard as "magic")

...and that in the current setting, most of the worlds of humanity have been reconquered and reunited into the galaxy-spanning empire that is the Imperium of Man.

...but there could still be undiscovered human worlds and sectors out there in the depths of space that have never had contact with The Imperium, and are still carrying-on in their regressed states.

...and you can take basically any fictional setting that has humans in it + incorporate it into 40k, on a theory that the setting is one such undiscovered world. (then go nuts head-canoning the setting being discovered by the greater Imperium + the events that follow first-contact)

______

The idea that the human-populated worlds of fire emblem could be an unexplored sector of space being mapped by imperial forces for the first time in a 40k crossover is particularly interesting in light of Three Houses

...because now you have the Agarthans... 

And their whole shtick is they have this ancient, hyper-advanced technology they've been hording--ballistic missiles, computers, robotics, stasis crypts, the ability to perform blood transfusions and construct deep underground facilities with sci-fi architercture and lumination.

...despite populating a feudal world that supposedly peaks out at middle age level tech...

And this opens up some absolutely fascinating avenues of discussion for who The Agarthans really are + where this tech came from + why the rest of the setting doesn't have it, if we head-canon in that the FE3H setting is an undiscovered human world in the 40k setting. 

Also--Edelgard approaching a squadron of space marines with claims that she is "The Emperor" + demanding that they address her as such is a comedy that practically rights itself. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a few crossovers tbh
Fire Emblem x Tangledeep: Tangledeep involves a story where you climb through a dungeon to escape, with it becoming more and more civilized as you move through (Beginning starts with a forest, while the end has a technology factory), with it being a turn based rougelike, the idea I have for the crossover would be controlling different units to get to a certain spot on the map with you getting new units every 3 floors with there being 30 floors.

Fire Emblem x Mario: Platformer with Fire Emblem characters, think Super Mario Bros Crossover, but not a flash game

Fire Emblem x Phoenix Wright: A weird one, but it would involve a noble or priest who tries to save people from being tried as a witch (Nobles and Priests were the most common to have an education during those times), the noble wouldn't want any subjects unjustly killed, while the priest would think this is against the will of Naga

Fire Emblem x Professor Layton: Making contractions with a ancestor of Layton, depending on how well you do the puzzles and how much work you put in, there would be different effects on the background war, with the puzzles being blueprints for war contraptions
Multiple endings, but it would be a fun idea to mess with

Fire Emblem x Lethal League: Fire Emblem in a sport version of smash bros? Yes please

Fire Emblem x Legend of Zelda: I would love to see Legend of Zelda characters in a Fire Emblem game play with other side characters getting spotlight in the series such as Vaati, Marin, or even Saria, along with puzzles on the map you'd have to fulfill with the right items or characters to get better equipment

Those are all the ones I could think of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Also--Edelgard approaching a squadron of space marines with claims that she is "The Emperor" + demanding that they address her as such is a comedy that practically rights itself. 

I'm not sure if it's comedy or tragedy, but it's definitely worth the popcorn!

---

Why not have the two most overrated SRPGs combine into one?  It'll most likely end in a slapfight between Ashera and Ajora, but I can see the Greil Mercenaries going against the nobility, before being talked over to fighting the church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are three crossovers I would want to see:

1. Fire Emblem x Valkyria Chronicles:

This game would be set in typical Fire Emblem Medieval Fantasy, but with shared lore elements from both series and a brand new story. The gameplay outside of battle would be a blend of the war camp & war journal in Valkyria Chronicles and Garreg Mach from Fire Emblem Three Houses. Combat would mainly be like that of Valkyria Chronicles: real-time movement in a turn-based battle, but with FE equipment and character classes. 

2. Fire Emblem x Xenoblade Chronicles:

IS did want to make an FE game that would be an RPG with real-time exploration. This would be a great way to do that. Imagine an explorable FE world created by Monolith Soft.

3. Fire Emblem x Legend of Zelda:

I'm not sure what I would want this to be; FE in a Zelda world, Zelda in an FE world, or something that mixes the two? I don't know. I think any of those three options, done well, would be fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

The idea that the human-populated worlds of fire emblem could be an unexplored sector of space being mapped by imperial forces for the first time in a 40k crossover is particularly interesting in light of Three Houses

...because now you have the Agarthans... 

And their whole shtick is they have this ancient, hyper-advanced technology they've been hording--ballistic missiles, computers, robotics, stasis crypts, the ability to perform blood transfusions and construct deep underground facilities with sci-fi architercture and lumination.

...despite populating a feudal world that supposedly peaks out at middle age level tech...

And this opens up some absolutely fascinating avenues of discussion for who The Agarthans really are + where this tech came from + why the rest of the setting doesn't have it, if we head-canon in that the FE3H setting is an undiscovered human world in the 40k setting. 

Also--Edelgard approaching a squadron of space marines with claims that she is "The Emperor" + demanding that they address her as such is a comedy that practically rights itself. 

I have never seen an Agarthan computer, but I support this idea!

45 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

2. Fire Emblem x Xenoblade Chronicles:

We could combine this with the above 40k idea. Mechs, computers, TVs...and other people who don't know how to use toasters or microwaves and have to be taught to comedic effect.

Gatekeeper: *staring down the slit on the toaster*

Toast: *is done*

Gatekeeper: AHH! *jolts backward*

 

Dimitri: *making Easy Mac*

Microwave: *beeps*

Dimitri: Oh boy! ...What. *takes out charred burnt plastic cup, forgot to put water in*

Edited by Dragoncat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly surprised Final Fantasy hasn't been mentioned yet. I can definitely imagine some interactions between the casts from both franchises, and maybe even see some duke it out. I can easily see Reis from Tactics being asked if she's a Manakete, and Idunn being mistaken for Sephiroth. Don't know if they would go the Dissidia route, or be a part of an original story, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Why not have the two most overrated SRPGs combine into one?  It'll most likely end in a slapfight between Ashera and Ajora, but I can see the Greil Mercenaries going against the nobility, before being talked over to fighting the church.

As long as there is a distant island where Nyna meets a handsome man named Sumac who gives her all the love she could ever dream of. But a pesky blonde boy marching to the beat of his own drum tries to rip them apart, damn him.

 

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

2. Fire Emblem x Xenoblade Chronicles:

IS did want to make an FE game that would be an RPG with real-time exploration. This would be a great way to do that. Imagine an explorable FE world created by Monolith Soft.

Not SoV dungeons again please, but I'd be okay with this if it could be handled better/differently.

My XCX likings wants a Sylvalum environment, complete with Spores at the most trollish Fog of War ever. Less jokingly, lets give FE photon sabers and guns!

82827-DA7-D4-FB-4020-B28-E-3-A02-E7-AD65

**** your pants Hector, meet my Ziyse!🙂

 

And I want Sagi, Milly, and Guillo tossed in too, Monolith's earlier work without seeming license issues deserves representation. You could technically make Sagi a sword flier, and gauntlet mage Guillo.

 

---

I'd take a Story of Seasons (formerly "Harvest Moon") with an FE coat of paint and characters/elements for a more chill, less combat, FE spinoff. Why not have a peaceful game considering mostly of the characters you know and love chatting and interacting without it all being tied to WAR!?

Or, why not an FE more about strategy, logistics and empire-building? I've never played a Dynasty/Samurai Warriors Empires semi-spinoff game, but that might work. Or, for something even less likely, being from an American developer, a lite Civilization-styled 4X game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not SoV dungeons again please, but I'd be okay with this if it could be handled better/differently.

My XCX likings wants a Sylvalum environment, complete with Spores at the most trollish Fog of War ever. Less jokingly, lets give FE photon sabers and guns!

Who said anything about SoV dungeons? I didn't say anything about SoV dungeons? I said a fully explorable FE world- oh... yeah; I wasn't thinking like that. I was thinking that the transition from exploration to combat could be something a lot more seamless, like a turn-based version of Xenoblade in terms of the transition, and with the enemies actually being out in the field instead of being semi-random encounters. Does that make sense?

A Sylvalum-like environment would be cool. One thing about Monolith Soft is that they know how to be creative with their world designs. I'm not sure about having photon sabers and guns; maybe if it's a sword-of-magic and not a tech-based lightsaber. I would ideally want the game to still visually be recognizable as an FE game, so I would want it to lean more into magic than into sci-fi. It can still have some cool tech, but it needs to be magitek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Who said anything about SoV dungeons? I didn't say anything about SoV dungeons? I said a fully explorable FE world- oh... yeah; I wasn't thinking like that. I was thinking that the transition from exploration to combat could be something a lot more seamless, like a turn-based version of Xenoblade in terms of the transition, and with the enemies actually being out in the field instead of being semi-random encounters. Does that make sense?

A Sylvalum-like environment would be cool. One thing about Monolith Soft is that they know how to be creative with their world designs. I'm not sure about having photon sabers and guns; maybe if it's a sword-of-magic and not a tech-based lightsaber. I would ideally want the game to still visually be recognizable as an FE game, so I would want it to lean more into magic than into sci-fi. It can still have some cool tech, but it needs to be magitek. 

I got flashbacks to playing SoV in general

An experience I don’t want to have to go through again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I got flashbacks to playing SoV in general

An experience I don’t want to have to go through again

That's not what I meant either. I simply meant that the exploration would be like a Xenoblade game, and that it would transition from exploration to combat like in a Xenoblade game: no transition screen or anything; just that the enemy health bars appear and the battle begins within the game's world. It wouldn't be like SoV at all. 

Does that make sense?

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

That's not what I meant either. I simply meant that the exploration would be like a Xenoblade game, and that it would transition from exploration to combat like in a Xenoblade game: no transition screen or anything; just that the enemy health bars appear and the battle begins within the game's world. It wouldn't be like SoV at all. 

Does that make sense?

I know what you meant, I was just making humor over how much I can’t stand SoV

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I know what you meant, I was just making humor over how much I can’t stand SoV

Oh. Okay. I understand.

By the way, what do you think of the idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Oh. Okay. I understand.

By the way, what do you think of the idea?

Seems interesting but I honestly can’t say much since I haven’t played a Xenoblade game

What did you think of my ideas though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Seems interesting but I honestly can’t say much since I haven’t played a Xenoblade game

What did you think of my ideas though?

Hm... Never played Phoenix Wright, Tangledeep, Professor Layton, or Lethal League. Fire Emblem x Zelda is a neat idea. Not sure about Fire Emblem x Mario though; I'm not really sure how a Fire Emblem platformer or a Mario Emblem would work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 1:32 PM, AvatarofDiscord said:

 

Fire Emblem x Phoenix Wright: A weird one, but it would involve a noble or priest who tries to save people from being tried as a witch (Nobles and Priests were the most common to have an education during those times), the noble wouldn't want any subjects unjustly killed, while the priest would think this is against the will of Naga

So what you are saying is you want a crossover between Professor Layton vs Pheonix Wright and Fire Emblem. I am all for this Fire Emblem x Professor Layton x Pheonix Wright crossover bonanza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 5:50 PM, Dragoncat said:

I have never seen an Agarthan computer

Its an easter egg in the "Stand Strong at Shambhala" map.

In the locked room on the bottom-right corner of the map, there's a unique terrain tile that you can't place any units on. If you scroll over it with your cursor using the traditional map overview, the terrain tile is named [Strange Item].

Zoom in all the way to the close-up view that lets you see fine details on the map, and look at the tile.

...its an array of computer screens...  

Edited by Shoblongoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFT feels like the obvious one, it's certainly not hard to plop an FE cast into tactics style classes. 

Soul caliber for a fighting game makes sense to me since they already have weapons in that series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Soul caliber for a fighting game makes sense to me since they already have weapons in that series. 

I'd like this just as long as Ike was one of the fighters; he's perfectly suited for a Soul Caliber game and it is a disgrace that he wasn't in FE Warriors or Tokyo Mirage Sessions, so it would compensate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...