Soldier difficulty in FE

Soldiers  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which basic enemies/grunts were the biggest threat (assuming highest difficulty)

• Original
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Echoes
    • Three Houses

Never played Three Houses and Telius so its a toss up between Awakening Lunatic and Lunatic+ or FE12 Lunatic and Reverse, with even Maniac being a possible contender

Its down it being practically impossible to really juggernaut against the enemy in FE12, although actually dismantling them isn't that hard. You want to bait them properly instead

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Never played Three Houses and Telius so its a toss up between Awakening Lunatic and Lunatic+ or FE12 Lunatic and Reverse, with even Maniac being a possible contender

Its down it being practically impossible to really juggernaut against the enemy in FE12, although actually dismantling them isn't that hard. You want to bait them properly instead

Keep in mind, it’s assuming the highest difficulty for each of these so mentioning two different difficulty levels is kind of weird for me

10 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Keep in mind, it’s assuming the highest difficulty for each of these so mentioning two different difficulty levels is kind of weird for me

A lot of people didn't aknowledge LUna+ (for a good reason though) which is why i mentioned it for Awakening. That said Awakening is a weird contender to begin with since its only hard early on before you snowball all over it and everyone can solo it. Its just that early on theres only like 3 good unit in the team

Torn between Awakening and Conquest. I picked Conquest because the basic soldiers in that game were dangerous in the most interesting way. Lunatic+ Awakening enemies can still be enemy-phased with ease once you know what you're doing, while dealing with Conquest enemies generally takes a lot more thought that can't be easily overcome with raw stats.

I thought by "Soldiers" you'd mean the actual "Soldier" class, in which they only really felt like a threat in FE10. They felt like the easiest and most basic enemy type to deal with, to the point of being laughable. In FE10, however, they had some of the most balanced stats, and they were decently fast (not nearly enough to double), fairly bulky and only hit the hardest behind Fighters and Armours.

Shadow Dragon's H5 takes this by a landslide, for me. You need like 3-4 guys to handle a single enemy.

Probably a toss up between SD and NM? In terms of having grunts that were not only hard but also consistently hard throughout the whole game. I feel like Conquest doesn't particularly have strong grunts individually, but very strong formations and skillsets that make groups of them very hard to handle. Same goes for Thracia though in somewhat different dimensions.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Idk nearly every unit in radiant dawn has doubling issues at some point. This is speaking from not playing the very very difficult modes of fe11 and fe12 yet though lol

Thracia's enemies aren't so dangerous as the formations they are in, and the 1 RN system.

Thracia's generic enemies are only dangerous in the 2 maps  with Cyas leadership bonuses (which includes massive crit rate) and when dark-mages poison units are placed to overlap with each other. 

Case in point - you can wall up and "rout" the Manster escape maps - which gives you masive quantities of rapiers for the rest of the game  Thracia has some really absurd enemy phase potential because of how automatic critical hits works, and even when using the worse characters, you can chew things up.

Definitely loses out to DS FE 's higher difficulties

18 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

On the highest? Probably awakening; literally any enemy can spawn with some absolute nonsense on L+. DS FE L5s may have insane stats, but I'll take that over having to check for counter/ counter magic or calc Luna+ constantly. 

FE12 L+ is "permanent Vantage+", in a nutshell.  Imagine that on something that has 12 move, 1-2 range, and flies.

42 minutes ago, eclipse said:

FE12 L+ is "permanent Vantage+", in a nutshell.  Imagine that on something that has 12 move, 1-2 range, and flies.

I guess I meant more that it's consistency for me. Like if I go into L-reverse knowing what's coming rhen it's always the same, so I can take the same approaches in subsequent playthroughs. In L+ the changing composition forces you to approach maps somewhat differently (before you break the game in half in later maps).

That said, the difficulty curve of L-reverse lasts way longer while the curve of L+ is something like 1/x, which may actually push new mystery over awakening for me.