160+ days since the last Nintendo Direct announcement

Boatcat2111

As of today, 2/12/2020, it has been 161 days since the last Nintendo Direct presentation in September of last year, and Nintendo's fanbase is in a furious state.

How do you all feel about this great "Nintendrought"?

Are you among those sending angry tweets begging for Directs, or are you content with the current drip of news.

I feel that the drought will probably be ended soon, and I look forward to seeing their plans for the year. I'm not content, but I'm not sending angry tweets either.

They'll have a direct when they have one, and I hope that when they do, I get some of the Fire Emblem, Smash, and new JRPG announcements that my heart desires.

Anyone who's furious just because there's no Nintendo Direct needs to be fucking patient and get a life, wow. Sure, it's unusual that it's taking this long for there to be a Direct, but that's no reason to get all angry and act so entitled. I'm disappointed that there hasn't been a Direct lately other than the Pokemon one, but you don't see me whining and crying about it. God some people are so toxic and annoying.

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyone who's furious just because there's no Nintendo Direct needs to be fucking patient and get a life, wow. Sure, it's unusual that it's taking this long for there to be a Direct, but that's no reason to get all angry and act so entitled. I'm disappointed that there hasn't been a Direct lately other than the Pokemon one, but you don't see me whining and crying about it. God some people are so toxic and annoying.

While I haven't seen anyone furious myself, I do think that it's best that I ignore these directs since most of the time (for me anyways at least) they just end up disappointing because of inevitably no metroid news (that isn't metroid prime 4), which will never happen because metroid doesn't sell well....

There's just been wayyy too many times of getting hyped then not getting what I wanted, then getting disappointed. So I'm not gonna care or expect anything tbh or look at any nintendo news in general really.

Edited by Dinar87

10 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

While I haven't seen anyone furious myself, I do think that it's best that I ignore these directs since most of the time (for me anyways at least) they just end up disappointing because of inevitably no metroid news (that isn't metroid prime 4), which will never happen because metroid doesn't sell well....

There's just been wayyy too many times of getting hyped then not getting what I wanted, then getting disappointed. So I'm not gonna care or expect anything tbh or look at any nintendo news in general really.

I've seen some people on Twitter act this way. Though at the same time, Twitter is like this in general. Not even Facebook is as bad imo. I don't post much there because of this, I just have an account to put some artwork on and follow Nintendo-related and some sports-related news.

52 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I wasn't even aware of this until GameXplain and someone did a lot of math made a pretty funny video, not to mention thumbnail, on the subject this morning.

I scrolled down to find Spider-Man 3 quotes in the comments and kind of lost it. I love that the internet has rediscovered Tobey McGuire and not just the usual dancing gif.

Anyway, bummer we have no idea what Nintendo's 2020 is going to look like, but it's not as bad as previous droughts since there are actually ports of good games to play on Switch. Maybe we don't want to know what this year looks like for Nintendo. Feels like every game update in January was a delay. Including Final Fantasy 7 and Cyberpunk.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The wait is probably going to go on even longer. Pokemon, Smash and Fire Emblem already blowing their load means that there might not be enough to sustain an interesting direct. BOTW 2 and that's just about it. 

We don't know that Fire Emblem has blown their load. What exactly have Intelligent Systems been working on while Koei Tecmo developed Three Houses for them?

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder if Nintendo's hesitation to do a general direct is a bad sign for the year to come. Perhaps their refusal to do a general direct means they don't have a lot to show us for this year. Just Pokemon DLC, Animal crossing and a Xenoblade remake. So far that's all we have for this year. 

That's a concern, but I think there is another explanation. Pokemon, Smash, and Animal Crossing are all very high profile games with very impatient communities. Any announcements for these can very easily overshadow other game announcements, so perhaps they are just cleaning the slate for their "smaller" announcements to get their due time in the spotlight.

At least that's the hope. It could be that this is a slow year and they're having to consolidate everything they can into E3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welp, this year continues to be a big disappointment to me and a lot of other nintendo fans right now, seeing as if you don't care for animal crossing or xenoblade...there's basically nothing noteworthy or major coming out this year that will appeal to a ton of people in the same the way a mario game, or even a metroid game somewhat would. The mini direct didn't even help things at all.

About Metroid, when will we hear anything about the series again?

2017 feels like ages ago now....they seriously didn't think the low sales of samus returns were anything other than it being released on the 3ds and not because of a lack of interest....did they?

Looks like I'll have to stick to my backlog for the entire year 😕

Edited by Dinar87