160+ days since the last Nintendo Direct announcement

Boatcat2111

14 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Welp, this year continues to be a big disappointment to me and a lot of other nintendo fans right now, seeing as if you don't care for animal crossing or xenoblade...there's basically nothing noteworthy or major coming out this year that will appeal to a ton of people in the same the way a mario game, or even a metroid game somewhat would. The mini direct didn't even help things at all.

About Metroid, when will we hear anything about the series again?

2017 feels like ages ago now....they seriously didn't think the low sales of samus returns were anything other than it being released on the 3ds and not because of a lack of interest....did they?

Looks like I'll have to stick to my backlog for the entire year 😕

Hey, cut Nintendo some slack. The world's in the middle of a nasty pandemic and it's surely affecting how the game devs work too. I'm certain this is what's slowing them down.

On 4/29/2020 at 3:16 AM, Anacybele said:

Hey, cut Nintendo some slack. The world's in the middle of a nasty pandemic and it's surely affecting how the game devs work too. I'm certain this is what's slowing them down.

They can work from home like the rest of us. And if sony and microsoft are releasing entire next generation consoles this year then no, I won't cut them slack.

Edited by Dinar87

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

They can work from home like the rest of us. And if sony and microsoft are releasing entire next generation consoles this year then no, I won't cut them slack.

The main issue is that working from home basically amplifies the likelihood of confidential leaks. This especially impacts direct showcases and projects like Smash Bros. You don't want to piss off business partners by leaking their announcements.