Pokemon Home is Here

Dai

So, Pokemon Home has dropped suddenly, with both mobile and Switch flavors. Surprisingly, there are differences. Such as GTS being locked to the mobile version, of all things. It also seems that the mobile version is just plain better for that reason. Fortunately, it seems that the plan is shared between both, so once you sync up your Nintendo account, you should be good to go.

Thus far, I haven't exactly been able to do much, as it has crashed on me a few times thus far. Curiously, the mobile version does not force you to read the terms of service, as the switch version does. You have to at least scroll through the entire thing, which includes more languages than English.

From the mobile version, I did receive a free Pikachu and, from my choice of three, Bulbasaur out of the original starter trio. The latter came with its hidden ability.

With the basic (free) plan, you are unable to:

A) Move Pokemon over from Pokemon Bank
B) Deposit and store up to 6,000 Pokemon (limit for basic is 30, I believe. One. Single. Box)
C) Have up to 10 Pokemon up for trade in your Wonder Box at a time
D) Have up to three Pokemon on the GTS at a time
E) Create Room Trades
F) Gain access to the Judge function (IV Checker)

So, already, your incentive would be to buy the premium plan, which you can buy: One month ($2.99), three month ($4.99), and 12 month ($15.99)

Honestly, over three times the price of bank for only double the Pokemon storage and a few features that were previously free WITHIN THE GAME ITSELF honestly isn't worth it, in my opinion.

Oh, and get this. If you transfer from generation 7, all of your bottle capped stats are reset. You also only get the dex entries for the games that those Pokemon have been physically in themselves, as far back as X and Y, as I can tell. So, your Pokemon has to have physically been in X/Y, traded to ORAS, traded to U/S/M, etc. to get those Pokedex entries.

Edited by Dai

Yeah, I'm ignoring Home right now because multiple people have reported that it's crashing constantly. Also, why is the GTS only on mobile? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I also think too much content is locked behind a paywall. The price isn't bad, but locking THAT much stuff behind is is dumb imo.

1 hour ago, Dai said:

EQkpOdNU4Acyz20?format=jpg&name=medium

Oh, wow. This nonsense kills me. (Thanks to Twitter for this one) Look at number 2.

:wtf:

Has any other ToS for something "reputable" ever included a statement like Article 12-2? That sounds like something that should condemn you to PR 🔥👹.  Game Freak, what are you doing? Of course, you will make fixes because of fan ire if you don't, but you're basically admitting here you're still arrogant due to SwSh undeservedly selling so well.

The whole article 12-2 thing is probably because Home, is not fully developed yet, GTS for Switch, crashes, etc, will be updated in the next few weeks, GF are releasing the 1.0 of Home, the first vuile of the final product, any bugs they detect will likely be patched out, with updates very soon. Home is probably like this because of GFs stupid deadlines that it sets for its employees. 

12-2 is just corporate speak for, “This product has not yet been fully tested, loss of data may occur, use this service in its current from at your own risk."

Edited by Pengaius

So, not even, what? Two days into Pokemon Home? And apparently, a massive number of users are experiencing a pretty bad error. 992, or somesuch. But apparently, the game crashes, and you can not access a single thing. There are apparently even some folks reporting that their entire collection of Pokemon have been deleted. And there hasn't been any real acknowledgement by TPCi, either. And this has been going on for at least 24 hours. So, basically...this service is a big ol' dumpster fire. Whoohoo.

10 minutes ago, Dai said:

So, not even, what? Two days into Pokemon Home? And apparently, a massive number of users are experiencing a pretty bad error. 992, or somesuch. But apparently, the game crashes, and you can not access a single thing. There are apparently even some folks reporting that their entire collection of Pokemon have been deleted. And there hasn't been any real acknowledgement by TPCi, either. And this has been going on for at least 24 hours. So, basically...this service is a big ol' dumpster fire. Whoohoo.

Wow. And according to the terms of service, they will not fix any of this. What in the flying fuck...

On 2/12/2020 at 7:56 AM, Dai said:

Oh, and get this. If you transfer from generation 7, all of your bottle capped stats are reset. You also only get the dex entries for the games that those Pokemon have been physically in themselves, as far back as X and Y, as I can tell. So, your Pokemon has to have physically been in X/Y, traded to ORAS, traded to U/S/M, etc. to get those Pokedex entries.

I'm pretty sure this is just a way of "future proofing" pokemon compatibility with the inevitable games that will get rid of bottlecaps. Because you know, there's nothing like removing beloved QoL features to keep games "fresh"

Edit: since I didn't see it mentioned here. Trade evolutions are impossible in GTS now. And no, it's not because someone put an everstone on one of the pokemon.

Edited by NegativeExponents-