New Skills for the Games

This may have already been done before, but since a lot of skills seem to make return every newer game, I have been wondering what kind of new skills people could come up with, especially in regard to classes, mechanics etc. that you may find disappointing, underperforming and in general just for fun.

Disclaimer: X, Y and Z are values I don´t really know how to specify without them being too strong/weak/insignificant (any value I use is kinda random tbh).

One more disclaimer: Skills thought up can be for every game and the like (since the games do differ from each other), even if some of my stuff may seem more geared towards TH.

Skills I came up with so far:

Proper Grip:

If Weapon Weight ≥ X increase Dmg dealt by Y and AS by Z. If weapon Weight < Z increase Avoid/Hit by 10/20/30 (?) and Crit by 10.

The whole point is basically two handing, meaning hitting harder and faster vs one handing which is more accurate and nimbler.

Heavy Stance: (for armoured Units?)

If total weight (weapon/shield) is above X increase Atk/Def by Y.

Knights in a nutshell: you are slow, the enemy is running circles around you but hey! at the very least that armour and shield protect your bum and if you hit you hit hard.

For Assassins instead of Lethality:

Deadly Strike:

Crit +20. Effective damage x4.

The effective damage part is on account of several assassins I’ve had, not being able to kill with effective weaponry and that’s just a big no-no in my book (might just be me). And crit – I mean what else screams WEAKNESS as much as landing a crit on an enemy. (I also dislike procc skills)

Spot Weakness:

After combat: The next attack that hits the enemy deals 50% more damage. Only active on the last enemy hit by Unit.

For Heroes:

Last Stand:

If HP is ≤20% gain X AS, Hit/Crit Avoid +Y and set skill activation to 50% + activation stat.

Am I the only one who is seriously disappointed by Heroes? There is nothing heroic about them other than their name, so this should give them some form of redemption (even though its only Fates Great Lord Awakening Skill on Crack).

And a skill for Dancers, just for the fun/heck of it:

Sick Moves:

Avoid +20. When counterattacking increase damage by 30% of damage dealt.

What do y´all think?

Proper Grip sounds rather complicated. I think either half of it could work as a skill in its own right, though.

Anyway, how about some dumb hair color skills?

Hothead: Grants +10 Crit to all redheads in 3-range.

Cool Composure: +10 Crit-Avo for every blue-haired ally in 3-range.

Blonde Blitz: +2 AS for every blonde ally in 3-range.

Green Grace: Grants Blessing to any green-haired allies in 3-range. Once per map per allied unit.

Raven's Ride: After "Wait"-ing, +2 movement to user and black-haired allies in 3-range the next turn.

Silver Saver: All gray/white-haired allies in 3-range exhaust 1 fewer use on combat arts.

Grit: After combat, recover HP equal to half of damage taken.

Battle Rush: Critical Hits recover HP equal to 30% of damage dealt.

Revenge: If character is doubled by the enemy, they will also double the enemy in return.

Windfury: Each time the character dodges an enemy attack, increase their Hit/Crit by 10 for the remainder of combat.

14 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Anyway, how about some dumb hair color skills?

Imagine Hairdresser as a dancer-ish class. It´s first skill being:

Sharp Cut: Change a characters hairstyle. Give the unit one of the following effects +20Hit/Crit, +10 to any one stat for 1 round, +15 HP.

4 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Windfury: Each time the character dodges an enemy attack, increase their Hit/Crit by 10 for the remainder of combat.

Maybe I am not getting it, but do you mean for this one fight against one enemy, or for the entire EP? Otherwise it would look Kind of weak. And if it´s for the entire EP would it expire when hit again?

48 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Maybe I am not getting it, but do you mean for this one fight against one enemy, or for the entire EP? Otherwise it would look Kind of weak. And if it´s for the entire EP would it expire when hit again?

Just for the battle. Yeah, it's weak, but I kinda intended it as an early game skill, though it's great at arena grinding or when dealing with brave weapons. It can also work on PP, though obviously only when doubling or when the enemy has Vantage.

Charge: Activatable. Doubles damage delivered and received. Intended for mounted units.

Jousting: Activatable. Adds +1 Mt for every space moved. Can only attack once. Intended for mounted units.

Steadfast: Activatable. Unit sacrifices speed and attacks last if enemy doubles in exchange for a defense boost. Intended for armor units.

Bardic Boast: Personal. After defeating an enemy, all rally skills activate. (This one either only activates on the player phase, or can only activate once on the enemy phase).

Unfazed/Jaded/Stoic/Stable: Personal. Unit is not affected by debuffs or temporary bonuses.

Scout: Provides a visual warning of when and where reinforcements will appear. Can stack with other units that have Scout (For instance, one unit with Scout would show where reinforcements will appear next turn. Two units with Scout would show what classes would appear. Three would show the enemy stats, and so on).

Duelist: Enemy does not receive bonuses from battalions when fighting this unit. Unit cannot be attacked by gambits.

Last Stand/Second Wind/Comeback: If units HP reaches zero, they are still usable for one turn with a Crit +20-50 bonus. If not healed, unit will die once the turn is over. Only activates once per map.