This divine lightning

Saint Rubenio

Shall it pierce the skies?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Shall it pierce the skies?

I... wish I knew what the joke was. Is this referring to a switch in the background music or that you used the divine sword to kill the boss?

Also, was that your voice at the end, or something in the game, or neither? My laptops sound is damaged so I can't make it out clearly.

7 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I... wish I knew what the joke was. Is this referring to a switch in the background music or that you used the divine sword to kill the boss?

Also, was that your voice at the end, or something in the game, or neither? My laptops sound is damaged so I can't make it out clearly.

Can't really blame you, or anyone else. It's a reference to a pretty infamous TLP moment, but if you're not familiar with the game, you can't really get it.

Basically, the final boss has a (voice acted) crit quote that goes "this divine lightning shall pierce the skies!". I decided to kill him with the divine sword for maximum irony. To add insult to injury, I used Logan, widely considered to be the worst unit in the game.

So yeah, there you have it. I explained the joke. Not that it was that funny to begin with.

The voice at the end was also the game's own voice acting. The acting itself is not stellar, but the fact that a 15 year old making a FE7 hack in the prehistory of FE fangames managed to introduce voice acting is impressive in and of itself.

Also now your sound's screwed up? Your laptop will never cease to amaze me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So yeah, there you have it. I explained the joke. Not that it was that funny to begin with.

I see. I don't know anything about the game, so I suppose the joke was lost on me.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also now your sound's screwed up? Your laptop will never cease to amaze me.

It's been screwed up for nearly half a year now. I, uh, may have dropped and/or punched it a few times....

1 minute ago, Hawkwing said:

I see. I don't know anything about the game, so I suppose the joke was lost on me.

You should play it, it's awesome. Even if the story is quite the meme, the gameplay's pretty great.

1 minute ago, Hawkwing said:

It's been screwed up for nearly half a year now. I, uh, may have dropped and/or punched it a few times....

Damnit, how are you going to play Berwick Saga on a fucked up laptop? Have it fixed at once!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You should play it, it's awesome. Even if the story is quite the meme, the gameplay's pretty great.

Maybe someday. I have enough games I still need to complete at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, how are you going to play Berwick Saga on a fucked up laptop? Have it fixed at once!

Plot Twist: It could never run a Playstation 2 emulator in the first place. Not without serious issues, anyway.