Nitpick Classic Mode

Perkilator

Just as the title says; if there's anything you don't like about Classic Mode (be it gameplay or how certain routes are handled), you can discuss it here. I'll start with a more general nitpick I have:

I like the idea of the difficulty raising as you win each battle. However, this system only cares about who much damage you take and how long it takes to win. None of the little things like in 64 or Melee.

I guess if I had to pick something, it'd be that I missed the classic Metal Mario battle you got in SSB64 with that killer boppin' music.  I don't remember if there was a fight with a metal character in the latest Smash's Classic Mode, but I don't think it's with Mario in the Meta Crystal stage, though I do know the song is in the game (but not the stage, which itself is pretty cool-looking).

Oh, and I miss the polygon/wireframe generic fighters.  Sure, it's fun to pummel the crap out of a bunch of random OCs I made into Miis, but multi-man and the Classic Mode "horde fight" just doesn't feel quite as menacing if you're fighting a bunch of cartoony figures with goofy/familiar faces instead of an army of faceless entities.  Melee and OG Smash just nailed the aesthetic best - a dark stage with a bunch of foes that look like something out of a dystopic digital sci-fi nightmare.  Of course, the feeling is made much more intense in Cruel Smash where the enemies hit like trucks - with Mii Fighters, the feeling is akin to fighting Akira Toriyama's Arale.

• 2 months later...