Who are the top ten binding blade characters you would use

FeAddict

Honestly, you fine on normal mode, FE6 is kinda hard but it's doable with anyone on normal mode, so just use anyone you feel like.

If you want my suggestion, I would use Lilina, she's not a good unit by any strech of the imagination, but she's super fun to use when she gets there.

And for your sake of not getting Sacae'd by above post, I would train Shanna/Thany and Tate,  It's not because they are good units (or bad)... but boy, trust me, give them more experience than Sue and Shin/Sin combined, you don't want to get Sacae'd... I repeat, YOU. DON'T. WANT. TO. GET. SACAE'D.

Normal mode vs. hard mode makes a pretty significant difference, but since hard mode is obviously harder and thus requires better advice, I'll give advice based on that.

1. Marcus (He falls off but he's critical for the early game)
  2. Zelot (A slightly better Marcus who lasts you slightly longer)
  3. Rutger (The best option for killing bosses on thrones, his hard mode bonuses are phenomenal)
  4. Miledy (She flies and also has phenomenal hard mode bonuses)
  5. Alan (A solid, mobile unit who you can use throughout the whole game)
  6. Lance (Mostly identical to Alan but I'd say slightly less good)
  7. Perceval (He's an amazing paladin, but be sure to recruit him in Chapter 15)
  8. Niime (An absolutely fantastic staff user)
  9. Deke (Not nearly as good as hard mode Rutger, but a very solid unit)
  10. Gonzales (He's not actually very good, but he's a very fun unit and he does get hard mode bonuses)

Excepting that last one, none of what I said is actually very novel.

Some other advice:

• Keep a healer around, but it doesn't matter as much who they are.
  • If you get a unit who is the same class as a unit you got earlier, the later one is generally a worse unit. Not always, but generally.
  • Shin is a good unit, but using him increases your chance of going Sacae route.
  • Fliers are very good because of their mobility and ability to rescue drop effectively. Don't worry too much about promotion items for these guys, the game gives you plenty of Elysian Whips.

- Have at least 2 dedicated staffbots, give them restore staves
- Despite their horrible hit rate, axes can be worth it due to the later spamming of enemy lances. I'd suggest paladins or Dieck (I'd say heroes but the other 2 options aren't all that great).
- Lilina isn't as bad as people say, she isn't great, just not that bad. Her high magic makes her a very effective healer in late game too.
- Find a source that tells when and where reinforcements happen, enemies that spawn and immediately move are really annoying.

Edit: Oh wait this thread is about units not general advice. Euh, I'd use my favorite units. So that's Fir, Bartre and ehmm, whatever 8 other units I feel like?

Edited by whase

• 5 months later...

Use Perceval, just do.

Miledy is nice too. Zeiss can end up good but he gets bodied in Sacae.

Rutger and Fir are a nice combination.

Sue and Shin are surprisingly good once promoted.

Lugh and Raigh are a nice pair of mages.

Gonzales is so much fun dodge tanking on mountains and peaks. Any Berserker is capable of dodge tanking I guess.

The Pegasus sisters are ok; is nice to go Illia but they are so weak in every aspect and get easily killed at the slightest error.

Any cavalier is good enough; the unpromoted ones will have some problems reaching the point they are capable of using good weaponry and the promoted ones will struggle to keep up in Sacae, Illia and Bern.

Just use the ones you like the most.

My advice is to use who you want and try to have fun. Presumably you will be playing Normal mode first so you should be fine and personally I find it more satisfying to figure things out on my own instead of asking for advice.

But since you’re already here, I’ll offer my two cents. You asked who you should use your promotion items on so I’ll give you my suggestions for that. For the most part, it doesn’t matter as much who you use your second promotion items of each type on or if you even use them at all. Which characters you use the first promotion items of each type on is a much more impactful decision.

Hero Crest

The best candidates for the first Hero Crest are Dieck and Rutger.

Knight Crest

Either Alan or Lance, I prefer Lance. Noah isn’t bad either but he isn’t as good as the first two.

Orion’s Bolt

Unfortunately you don’t even get any until Chapter 10 or 11. The only Bow user I’d recommend promoting is Shin. I’d recommend against using both Sue and Shin in order to avoid the Sacae route.

Elysian Whip

Thany is the only choice for the first one anyway. If you get the one from keeping Tate’s team alive, then you can use it on Tate or save it for Zeiss. The third one should go to Miledy. If you don’t have one for Zeiss then you can still buy one from him as soon as he joins you if you have the money.

Guiding Ring

This one is a bit harder to say. I’d recommend Lugh, but it wouldn’t hurt to promote one of the healers instead. Unfortunately, you can’t buy any Light magic until Chapter 11 but that isn’t an issue for Clarine.

Pre-promotes

Besides the characters that you promote, there are several characters that start promoted that are quite good.

Marcus

Zealot

Klein

Echidna

Cecilia - (She is a support unit, not a combat unit)

Percival

Garret

Niime

Most importantly, have fun!