New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, daisy jane said:

Lelia however. Helloooooooo. you look completely busted. 

Sounds perfect with VS!Azura. Finally putting that Aerobatics to good use.

All the characters in the banner make sense for a Dread Isle them except for Rath. Rath also looks like he's gonna be the one to demote. Anyway!

I'm super happy to see Nils and Fiora, and Heath being the GHB is...fine. He's one of the characters I wanted the most from Blazing Blade, but him being a GHB is maybe a little disappointing? I'll have to see what his art looks like, and hope he has at least one good skill. I expected Leila and Rath to show up at some point, but I am a little disappointed that Rath is a Green Bow unit; we have plenty of Green Bows, from Legendary Lyn, to Sue, to Python, to Wolt...Rath should have been a different color, even if it means he didn't match with Sue or L. Lyn. Oh well, at least he's in the game now.

I also almost predicted this banner correctly! In another thread, I predicted that Nils and Leila would show up, and I predicted that a pegasus sister would double up on blue with Nils. I thought it'd be Farina, but I'm happy it turned out to be Fiora! I didn't predict Rath or Heath at all, though, or anything close to them. But, hey, predicting it almost completely right is pretty good!

I'll try summoning Nils and/or Fiora, they're my favorites here. And, depending on art/skills, Heath might be my next GHB project.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Apparently it is Heath according to the notification.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's already been stated that it's Heath.

I see.

But another lance flier? There's too many in the grails!

Rath I think is here as a reference to Uhai. who you fight once you land. It makes little sense, but ah well. I don't mind Leila getting in instead of Sain becasue she fits in with the banner. 

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

HEATH IS GETTING IN TOO? Someone in the FEH team has my taste in FE7 characters.

He’s basically DOA and Fiora is there to spook people from getting Nils. 

@Nym And too many lance cavs as well. It hasn’t been too long since Travant and Cormag...

Edited by Lord-Zero

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

And yet another lance flier as a GHB...woohoo...

Oh please. Do you honestly expect the developers to bend to your will and not be faithful to the unit's original class? What else is Heath supposed to be? Farina? Vanessa?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Rath I think is here as a reference to the Sacaen Nomadic Trooper you fight once you land. It makes little sense, but ah well. I don't mind Leila getting in instead of Sain becasue she fits in with the banner. 

Or he's a reference to the boss, Uhai. I hadn't thought of that.

EDIT: For some reason I thought you meant a generic enemy. Whoops. XD

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I'm thrilled that Nils is finally in, but why'd he have to color share with Fiora? 😞 

Leila's cool, but as she's an NPC, I would've preferred to see her as the GHB or direct demote.

Welcome to the mediocrity club Heath. 

This banner's a pass for me. I'll just wait for Nils to come on a better one.

Edit: Also, HP/Def 2? Really IS?

Edited by trainer_derp

I read it as John Goodman for a second, now there's another deep voice. 😉

I should like Fiora by the rule of eldest-of-three which has held for just about every FE game. But not really, I guess every rule has an exception, even if I do love deep voices.

I was so looking forward to the horrific blue pitybreaker pool to be purged in April, but it looks like the Book 4 blue pitybreaker pool will again be the worst. Shouldn't be surprised I guess as long as the fantasy keeps propagating the swords are sexy nonsense.

At any rate, will just open the blues and greys on the first round and that'll do me.

Right now I want to randomly get Altenna, so a double blue focus with interesting skills isn’t the worst outcome.

If they wanted to reference Uhai, they could have made him the GHB, it’s not like Heath is relevant either.

10 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Oh please. Do you honestly expect the developers to bend to your will and not be faithful to the unit's original class? What else is Heath supposed to be? Farina? Vanessa?

Get off your high horse. “Bend to my will?” No. I never said anything like that. More like it hasn’t been long since the last GHB unit that was a lance flier. A little variety could help a bit. Something like Uhai, Darin or even Ephidel would have been better choices than dooming Heath to eternal mediocrity. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Yup, we sure are getting this instead of Lysithea and Three Houses in general. How marvelous.

I knew I wasn't going to be impressed by this banner, but damn I'm even more disappointed and disinterested in it than I thought I'd be. Though since I still lack Valentine's Alm & Celica, that's definitely for the best. 

Also, they really are just going to keep banishing every male wyvern rider to Grail Hell aren't they?

Fiora's deep voice does seem a bit odd to me, but part of it reminds me of Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist, so, it doesn't bug me quite as much as others.

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If they wanted to reference Uhai, they could have made him the GHB, it’s not like Heath is relevant either.

Heath may not be the most relevant character, but he's pretty awesome!

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

And too many lance cavs as well. It hasn’t been too long since Travant and Cormag

With Heath, there will be 6 lance fliers. 

Now they are about to reach at lance cavs who are 7.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I read it as John Goodman for a second, now there's another deep voice. 😉

I should like Fiora by the rule of eldest-of-three which has held for just about every FE game. But not really, I guess every rule has an exception, even if I do love deep voices.

I was so looking forward to the horrific blue pitybreaker pool to be purged in April, but it looks like the Book 4 blue pitybreaker pool will again be the worst. Shouldn't be surprised I guess as long as the fantasy keeps propagating the swords are sexy nonsense.

At any rate, will just open the blues and greys on the first round and that'll do me.

well that's assuming we're getting a new Thanos snap right? 
wasn't that announced last year around this time - not in April?

but i hear you. i can count on one hand how many blue units i want. a good chunk of the ones i REALLY want are actually Thanos Snapped. there really aren't a lot of sexy blue units (with sexy skills) which is kinda a bummer

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

With Heath, there will be 6 lance fliers. 

Now they are about to reach at lance cavs who are 7.

And yet not a single lance armor nor axe armor GHB since the game’s launch. What are these developers thinking? 

Speaking of cavs, Kempf was the first sword cav GHB unit since Xander. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

RIP the chance of giving Nils a Solo skill so he could have a flute solo

I think it's been a while since we had no red focus units for a New Heroes banner?

I'll just use tickets for Leila since that seems like a fun weapon and go blue as backup. Best case I get another dancer   a player while worst case, Guard Lance would be nice for Silas/Shiro

Woo, Blazing Blade banner!

Happy to see Nils, I've wanted to see him join his sister in the game ever since her banner came out and finally we're getting him after nearly two years. Hopefully he's good because I could use another dancer, though him sharing with Fiora is going to be a pain. I'm also happy to see Rath finally get into the game as well, he was one of my most reliable units in my first playthrough of the game so I have a soft spot for him, I hope he demotes though since I probably won't have enough orbs to spend to get both him and Nils considering my luck.

As for Heath I'm sad to see that he'll be the GHB. Like Rath he was another one of my most reliable units so I've been wanting to see him for a while, but him being a GHB doesn't bode well considering his archetype doesn't allow for a lot of uniqueness or flexibility and GHB aren't friendly towards them either. Hopefully they'll do something with him that makes him stand out, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited by Medeus

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Crap, I'm gonna have to wait for Nils to come to different banner. I kinda don't want Fiora. Farina would've been a different matter. I'll do my free pulls on Blue still. Leila does look nice, and I know @Zeo must be completely thrilled about her inclusion. 

maybe we'll be lucky and get Dimitri

(Ideally i get a Leila AND Dimitri 😄 )