New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Poor Uhai... will no one say his name?

I forgot his name, okay?! I'll fix it my initial post.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It's obviously not a rule. But I wish they'd go back to tending towards it when possible.

And no, he does not have the potential to be a Legendary Hero. I've seen arguments for him being a Mythic Hero, but to be honest... no, he doesn't really deserve that. He deserves the exact same treatment as Lyon, and Julius, and Gharnef, and nothing more. He's not that special, he's just a weirdly missing member of FE's villainous sorcerer lineup.

No need to go back to that fan-made rule. 

You’re free to disagree. 

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

He deserves the exact same treatment as Lyon, and Julius, and Gharnef, and nothing more. He's not that special, he's just a weirdly missing member of FE's villainous sorcerer lineup.

So, you wish for him to be mediocre just like the three poor souls you mentioned. So that’s how it is. I want him in the game but not badly enough to doom him to eternal mediocrity. Not even Manfroy deserves such terrible fate. 

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Wait how de we know this? I didn't see him in the trailer and don't see him on the meet the new heroes page

Things aren’t looking good for him...

Spoiler

64F7EBE5-42D5-4B52-AC9C-EBC24DD38921.png.5f16b4c71c976e6da83526fc8e167afd.png

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Why does a Dread Isle banner include Heath and Rath anyway? Dart, Nergal, Uhai, and even Kishuna would've been a better fit.

That’s a very good question. Uhai, Darin or even Ephidel would’ve been more sensible choices...

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Why does a Dread Isle banner include Heath and Rath anyway? Dart, Nergal, Uhai, and even Kishuna would've been a better fit.

The same reason a Black Fang banner included Karla: absolutely none whatsoever.

But considering that Rath and Heath were both my most wanted from FE7, I'll take it!

13 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

No need to go back to that fan-made rule. 

You’re free to disagree. 

So, you wish for him to be mediocre just like the three poor souls you mentioned. So that’s how it is. I want him in the game but not badly enough to doom him to eternal mediocrity. Not even Manfroy deserves such terrible fate. 

I want a lot of villains, and we haven't been getting enough of them, and most of them make perfect sense being mediocre. Mediocrity is bad, and some of them definitely deserve it. Especially Manfroy. Now that we have Travant, we should definitely get mediocre GHB Manfroy sometime. Which is great because mediocre free units are units you don't have to spend orbs on.

Now, to be clear - I'm talking about the kind of mediocrity that has prfs, not the kind that doesn't. GHBs without prfs are just annoying. And Nergal has every reason to not be one of them, because he has a prf in his own game.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Here you go

Hide contents

https://imgur.com/a/QaydS3Y

Looks like Meka art? Silas/Cain/OG Ike/Linus artist.

He tends to do a lot of thigh windows for guy damaged art lol

He looks great!

Is there full art for the others too?

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Here you go

Reveal hidden contents

https://imgur.com/a/QaydS3Y

Looks like Meka art? Silas/Cain/OG Ike/Linus artist.

He tends to do a lot of thigh windows for guy damaged art lol

Thanks.

Eh, he's so-so. His default art bothers me for some reason but the rest looks quite nice.

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Rath is probably a reference to Uhai. Heath, however, is a total mystery. But, as we've seen in the past, there's usually at least one outlier in new groups of characters. I guess this time it's Heath.

Solid lineup of characters for this New Heroes banner. I liked all of these characters from Blazing Sword. Really just missing Erk now though I guess he will show up on the next Blazing Sword New Heroes banner with Pent and Louise. Athos is another character I would like to see from Blazing Sword as well someday.

Still not really of fan of Fiora's voice (I always imagined someone like Julie Ann Taylor being a better fit for her voice) though I guess it's not that big a deal for me since I play with sounds off 95% of the time. Guess Heath is doomed to share the same fate as Haar and Cormag of being a mediocre flying unit huh?

Free summon and tickets will be spent on blue and colorless. Even though I like all the characters I won't be spending orbs here as I would rather save them for something else and these characters can always pitybreak me later.

Edited by NSSKG151

I am happy to see Nils and Heath but

Spoiler

Why oh why is it always lance fliers every time a new flier is put in the game lately?  I really wish they could have more weapon types, Cormag could of had a sword but no make him the 101st lance flier and now Heath is one too.

Anyway I will only be using the tickets and those will go blue or green if no blues since I would like Nils, but him being in the general pool means I will get him at some point.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

I want a lot of villains, and we haven't been getting enough of them, and most of them make perfect sense being mediocre. Mediocrity is bad, and some of them definitely deserve it. Especially Manfroy. Now that we have Travant, we should definitely get mediocre GHB Manfroy sometime. Which is great because mediocre free units are units you don't have to spend orbs on.

Now, to be clear - I'm talking about the kind of mediocrity that has prfs, not the kind that doesn't. GHBs without prfs are just annoying. And Nergal has every reason to not be one of them, because he has a prf in his own game.

Stuff like final bosses/major antagonists shouldn’t be mediocre. They’re supposed to be threatening and a challenge for the protagonists, not a walk in the park. I guess we have very different views on mediocrity and what should be mediocre so let’s just agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

No Nergal? Whyyyyy.

I get the impression that IS doesn't find him popular, at all. Gharnef was aided by having little remaining Archanean opposition not in FEH when he randomly rolled around.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Fiora is kinda boring since a good version of her is already available but I guess having her original self and not suffering the same fate as Charlotte is good.

All the anti-Fates backlash, not without merit, and the heavy presence of Fates characters when the game began, has been working against it recently. This said, it might be approaching due to a banner whenever 3H isn't taking the spot. They've rotated through a lot of the old games last year.

I'm happy Nils is here, cute and much better as character than his sister is. Leila is a fine NPC addition, Rath is fine, and Fiora getting a non-Seasonal form is good- but I want Farina in this game, the best FE7 sister.

Heath is a character who I want to like, but he just doesn't stick on me personality/background-wise. Not helped by me feeling that he needs more Str and Def at base to counter his low Spd, he doesn't feel Wyvern-y enough. Comparing his bases with Cormag's in FE8, the little leads and additional promotion gains must've really helped him. And...

Spoiler

Anyone remember how Raven is an Axe Infantry in FEH? Despite starting as a swordie? And isn't Gerik an axeman too? Travant or Heath, or both, or Narcian, really should've experimented with a sword.

So I'm inclined to believe that Pegasus Flight's description is either mistranslated in English or incorrect in Japanese.

In Japanese, the condition is "戦闘開始時、自分の速さが、敵の速さ−7以上の時", which I'm pretty sure translates as "At the beginning of combat, if unit's Spd ≥ foe's Spd−7", not "foe's Spd+7".

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Fiora's set isn't super exciting, but her new Pegasus Flight skill is... wait, it activates based on Spd, but scales based on Res? That's so weird. Can effectively give up to +7 Atk/Def/Res, but only if you have 7 more Spd and 14 more Res. Or 14 less Res? Does that work? The Japanese version seems to have the same Spd vs Res discrepancy, so if it's a typo, it's a typo in both.

Pegasus knights traditionally have high Spd and Res stats, so the skill is intended to exclude dragon knights by scaling its effect off of Res.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I wish Rath weren't yet another green archer with a short bow+.

He has Slaying Bow+.

2 hours ago, Nym said:

She sounds a bit older than what she is.

And that's how some people are in real life as well, whether naturally or after getting voice training for whatever their reason is. As a cisgender guy myself who's never transitioned to a woman or non-binary, I've had a few instances in life where without looking at me and on voice alone I've been mistaken for a woman since my voice comes off lighter or younger, and I've never had voice training nor do I feel like bothering with that or any discomfort with my voice.

My hot take is that putting expectations on what a person's voice should be in 2020 should be something folks should try to break the habit on and accept the unexpected voices. People will sound lighter/deeper/older/younger than they look in life, and if that's the direction they're taking Fiora with this voice direction, then I'm all for it.