New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pegasus knights traditionally have high Spd and Res stats, so the skill is intended to exclude dragon knights by scaling its effect off of Res.

It sure sucks that Heroes ignored the high Res part (or Spd in the case of Florina). Caeda, Sigrun, and Claire are the only 3 characters I can think of that have sufficiently high stats in both to actually make use of it.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

And that's how some people are in real life as well, whether naturally or after getting voice training for whatever their reason is. As a cisgender guy myself who's never transitioned to a woman or non-binary, I've had a few instances in life where without looking at me and on voice alone I've been mistaken for a woman since my voice comes off lighter or younger, and I've never had voice training nor do I feel like bothering with that or any discomfort with my voice.

My hot take is that putting expectations on what a person's voice should be in 2020 should be something folks should try to break the habit on and accept the unexpected voices. People will sound lighter/deeper/older/younger than they look in life, and if that's the direction they're taking Fiora with this voice direction, then I'm all for it.

The problem is not that it's unrealistic, but that it causes cognitive dissonance that breaks the suspension of disbelief that you're supposed to maintain.

Cognitive dissonance can be used intentionally to draw attention to itself for various reasons, but this isn't such a situation where that is the case.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

That has never been a confirmed rule by the developers. GHB units can be whoever the developers feel like putting there. 

The guy has “Legendary” potential and yet you’re satisfied with mediocrity...he deserves better than that. 

So, let's take this from the view of someone who knows how to be grateful: I GET A FREE COPY OF ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS.  From the F2P standpoint, Heath being there is great.  Better than relying on gacha to hopefully get a character.

In other words, stuff it.  Or stop spending money, drop your orb count to 0, and see how many units you miss out on in the next six months, then tell me how bad it is to have someone that's merely "there".

---

That being said, I get one of my favorite characters for free, and the other's the demote, so I have a better chance of getting him.  Nils/Leila have nifty skills, and unlike certain other people, I'll find a way to make another gacha lance flier useful (I've pulled it off with every single one I've bothered to raise so far, and I don't see myself stopping).  In other words, I win no matter what.

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It sure sucks that Heroes ignored the high Res part (or in the case of Florina its spd). Caeda, Sigrun, and Claire are the only 3 characters I can think of that have sufficiently high stats in both to actually make use of it.

Both versions of Eir and vanilla Camilla have the potential to make use of it, as well. Depending on weapon restrictions, so would Leanne.

Assuming the Japanese description is correct, Florina and Est can pull it off reasonably well when running Fury to bolster their Spd.

I assume magical weapon types can't use the skill since it lowers Def without also lowering Res (and isn't named in a way that logically has a Res counterpart).

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, the condition is "戦闘開始時、自分の速さが、敵の速さ−7以上の時", which I'm pretty sure translates as "At the beginning of combat, if unit's Spd ≥ foe's Spd−7", not "foe's Spd+7".

I thought that looked weird. I was like "+7? That sounds like too high a requirement to me. What the heck..." I'm inclined to agree that it should be -7.

Oh gosh I flipped when I saw Leila in the thumbnail! She was always a favorite of mine (legit one of the first characters I've ever cosplayed at a con), so nice to see the CYL votes I threw her way have paid off (tho obvs she was already coming by time of CYL4). Wish her art was a bit better, there is something seriously off with her waist, too thin, but oh I love her voice.

Very very happy to see Nils, Rath and Heath in the game as well, tho man IS needs to treat my wyvern boys better. Oh well, I'm not that competitive, and free means I at least get them in my collection

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get the impression that IS doesn't find him popular, at all. Gharnef was aided by having little remaining Archanean opposition not in FEH when he randomly rolled around.

Nah, Nergal isn't that popular going off of CYL. His "highest" placement was 291st in CYL4. Meanwhile, two of his morphs (Limstella, 188th; Sonia, 198th) were either a little over 100 places ahead of him or close to it in CYL4.

I'm kind of surprised they give the non-playable character the juicy skill treatment. Leila wasn't in the game for a long time at all. 

Anyway, my orbs are safe. I'll keep saving for Lysithea unless a banner with some old favorites pops up. 

9 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Did Matthew, Jaffar, and Ninian always have introductions there or are they newly added?

Reveal hidden contents

2FAWrVU.png

vwJOCP0.png

gawkm5X.png

FqkvbJS.png 

Those were added in a month or two ago I believe. Near the end of each month, they add five introductions for characters from a specific game. Path of Radiance should be the next one up this month.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Those were added in a month or two ago I believe. Near the end of each month, they add five introductions for characters from a specific game. Path of Radiance should be the next one up this month.

Oh I see. I noticed when they first started doing that with Jagen but haven't kept up with it.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh I see. I noticed when they first started doing that with Jagen but haven't kept up with it.

Yeah, so far they've added:

Mystery of the Emblem: Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin
Shadows of Valentia: Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, Celica
Genealogy of the Holy War: Sigurd, Ethlyn, Quan, Eldigan, Lachesis
Thracia 776: Finn, Nanna, Reinhardt, Olwen, Saias
Binding Blade: Lilina, Cecilia, Zephiel, Narcian, Fae
Blazing Blade: Matthew, Ninian, Jaffar, Ursula, Nino
Sacred Stones: Seth, Tana, Innes, Lyon, Myrrh

Edited by Tybrosion

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Despite that Sain has consistently been one of the most wanted FE7 characters. 😕

Ranked lower than Leila in the last two CYL polls so that cannot be your argument. Lower than Rath and Nils as well. 

Yes we know every banner not including your very few select favourites will necessarily be "very disappointing". Your bitterness has sadly started to make me wish against those characters appearing.

I for one am very glad Leila becomes playable for the very first time and I believe this contributed to the demand for her inclusion. 

Edited by Vince777

Finally I have a new skill which Camilla would like. If her Resplendent Version drops. She could even make more use of it.
Also I am happy that they added Leila, this really was a hype for me and I didn't expect her this much. But this is a thing I like about heroes. Characters you couldn't use being playable. 

Still have to see how far I let myself baited. The next Legendary banner is around the corner and I would like to pull there a bit...also Heath being GHB is wonderful. Hopefully they add Vaida at some point... we still have some characters missing there. Morphs being excluded until now too. 

This banner is... ok, I guess... I never played Blazing Blade until the end, so I have no attachment to these characters at all. But this looks like a interesting selection.

Nils is cool... He has a weapon similar to NY Gunnthrá, which is nice. I hope your unit in AR-D that has the lowest HP is not Ophelia, because she will have problems!

I am happy for players that are Rath's fans... But why another Green Bow cavalry? Why not Colorless or Red?

GHB with Ridersbane is also meh.

I also don't like Fiora's New skill... It's compares Spd, and inflict penalty on Atk and Def based on Res... That weird.

Leila looks pretty good with that dagger. If not, she is great fodder at least. You can get Rally+ and Ruse, or Rally+ and LnD 4.

Pretty skipable in my opinion. Free Summon and tickets on Blue.

Nils B skill is an easy solution to Infantry pulse Teams.

That Pegasus B-Skill looks at first glance okeish, but there are 2 conditions to meet for full effect. 8 higher Spd then the opponent and 7 higher Res then the opponent.

Yeah not sure how viable it is outside of Clair Caeda Eir etc.

Edited by Hilda

5 hours ago, Medeus said:

Woo, Blazing Blade banner!

Happy to see Nils, I've wanted to see him join his sister in the game ever since her banner came out and finally we're getting him after nearly two years. Hopefully he's good because I could use another dancer, though him sharing with Fiora is going to be a pain. I'm also happy to see Rath finally get into the game as well, he was one of my most reliable units in my first playthrough of the game so I have a soft spot for him, I hope he demotes though since I probably won't have enough orbs to spend to get both him and Nils considering my luck.

As for Heath I'm sad to see that he'll be the GHB. Like Rath he was another one of my most reliable units so I've been wanting to see him for a while, but him being a GHB doesn't bode well considering his archetype doesn't allow for a lot of uniqueness or flexibility and GHB aren't friendly towards them either. Hopefully they'll do something with him that makes him stand out, but I'm not holding my breath. 

He's good if you like debuff (in contrast of Leg Azura and Peony's buff) , and his B skill seems to made to counter Ophelia in AR. 

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

He's good if you like debuff (in contrast of Leg Azura and Peony's buff) , and his B skill seems to made to counter Ophelia in AR. 

not only Ophelia but all IP Teams which make up like 1/3 of the maps or so you encounter