New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Nils B skill is an easy solution to Infantry pulse Teams.

I am not sure yet. The effect says:

At start of even-numbered turns, if foe with the lowest HP has its Special ready and unit’s HP is greater than or equal to that foe’s HP +1, inflicts Special cooldown count +2 on that foe. (Cannot exceed the foe’s maximum Special cooldown.)

It says "if foe with the lowest HP has it special ready", not "if foe with the lowest HP that has it special ready". From what I understood, it will target only the unit with the lowest HP, even if this unit doesn't have its special ready. That the skill will not target the 2nd unit that has the lowest HP in case the 1st one doesn't have the special ready.

I checked some of my friends teams that uses Infantry Pulse, and I saw a bunch of L!Azuras having the lowest HP, not the units that will receive the infantry pulse effect. If the Skill works just like what I understood of it, it will not change how these teams work.

Of course, if the skill targets the 2nd or 3rd unit with lowest HP that has it special ready in case that the 1st unit that as the lowest HP doesn't have the special ready, then we will have a solution to Infantry Pulse teams.

We will discover how it works soon.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn’t counter IP teams completely anyway, since a good IP team has all specials ready on turn 1. So his C skill might neuter 1 unit, but that is not enough. 

I hope it targets the lowest Hp unit, since my Kagero can be built to have her special ready on her second attack. So that would not target her.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

It doesn’t counter IP teams completely anyway, since a good IP team has all specials ready on turn 1. So his C skill might neuter 1 unit, but that is not enough. 

I hope it targets the lowest Hp unit, since my Kagero can be built to have her special ready on her second attack. So that would not target her.

Yeah. It will affect 1 units at turn 2. There are still 3-5 others units.

And since it works on Even turns, it can only be used 3 times, but the player will lose to much time.

And Odd Pulse Tie will be good on AR-D teams, not AR-O.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. It will affect 1 units at turn 2. There are still 3-5 others units.

And since it works on Even turns, it can only be used 3 times, but the player will lose to much time.

And Odd Pulse Tie will be good on AR-D teams, not AR-O.

Yeah the Odd pulse tie will be even worse since it won’t work since the IP will go off on enemy phase turn 1, so you’d have to wait until turn 3 to have it activate properly.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yeah the Odd pulse tie will be even worse since it won’t work since the IP will go off on enemy phase turn 1, so you’d have to wait until turn 3 to have it activate properly.

Yep. For offensive it will be pretty bad. For defense, better than Even Pulse Tie.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure yet. The effect says:

At start of even-numbered turns, if foe with the lowest HP has its Special ready and unit’s HP is greater than or equal to that foe’s HP +1, inflicts Special cooldown count +2 on that foe. (Cannot exceed the foe’s maximum Special cooldown.)

It says "if foe with the lowest HP has it special ready", not "if foe with the lowest HP that has it special ready". From what I understood, it will target only the unit with the lowest HP, even if this unit doesn't have its special ready. That the skill will not target the 2nd unit that has the lowest HP in case the 1st one doesn't have the special ready.

I'm not 100% sure, but based on the Japanese description, I think this might also be a mistranslation.

The Japanese skill description is

偶数ターン開始時、自分よりHPが1以上低く、かつ、奥義発動可能状態の敵のうち、最もHPが低い敵の奥義発動カウント+2

which appears to translate as "At the start of even-numbered turns, out of foes with HP 1 or more less than unit and with Special fully charged, foe with lowest HP is inflicted with Special count +2."

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not 100% sure, but based on the Japanese description, I think this might also be a mistranslation.

The Japanese skill description is

偶数ターン開始時、自分よりHPが1以上低く、かつ、奥義発動可能状態の敵のうち、最もHPが低い敵の奥義発動カウント+2

which appears to translate as "At the start of even-numbered turns, out of foes with HP 1 or more less than unit and with Special fully charged, foe with lowest HP is inflicted with Special count +2."

Hm... By this translation, it looks like that it will check all foes that have special ready, and then pick the one with lowest HP, while the english translation sounds the opposite.

I believe more in the japanese description now, since it makes the skill more useful, but like you I am not 100% sure.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh no. Pls no. Heath is in but as a GHB? My least desired outcome. With Leila on the banner instead!? This another Canas/Karla bull****. At least as a 3* he would have had IVs and a chance for a refine but now... I guess I cant say I didn't see it coming since he even starts out as an enemy in FE7 but I was really hoping against all odds this wouldn't happen.

On the bright side I have not used any grails since they were always being saved on the chance that Brady or Nils would end up as grail units but now both are here and thankfully that wasn't the case so I should've enough to +10 Heath immediately (well no, I'm lacking feathers but I can get the copies at least) and even have some nice fodder available right now so hopefully I'll be able to whip him up something good.

Nils is looking amazing! All my tickets and orbs will go to him and hopefully I can get him to a nice merge level. Seems like an amazing disruptor so I'm glad he'll have some use other than playing.

Leila fairly nifty herself. In fact she has what is essentially the first firesweep dagger. Salty by the preferential treatment here but even so I wouldn't mind getting her and is my backup plan should there be no blues in a session.

Nice to see Rath make it in. Even nicer is that he's in as a 4* already (a focus one at that) instead of having to wait until the banner is over. This is nice change that I hope doesn't get dropped like the recent 3* heroes. I hope he actually shows up for me unlike Python who still hasn't appeared.

Fiora is kinda boring since a good version of her is already available but I guess having her original self and not suffering the same fate as Charlotte is good.

Could've given him a sword instead of lance if nothing else to at least change things up a bit.

Well, yeah, 😰it's hard to argue with a javelin in his portrait. *sigh* I'm sorry I lashed out earlier. I guess I'm just "used" to disillusion among multiple fandoms, even ones I'm not in. I know I said in another topic regarding some Smash Bros. quote-unquote fans, "Spoiled brats--the lot of them." It's perfectly viable to have criticisms, just not like this: 🤬 but overall, this should be a time to celebrate. We finally got some very highly anticipated, fan-favorite FE7 units and I can't wait to pull.

Spoiler

350?cb=20160411072146

32 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Well, yeah, 😰it's hard to argue with a javelin in his portrait.

Gets access to swords upon promotion. It really wouldn't be a big deal to give him one instead of a lance since it's not like he has something like a prf lance at his disposal. I mean, even recently it's not like Heroes has stayed 100% true to canon with stuff like cavalry Claude instead of wyvern rider, blue dagger pegasus riding Petra despite her "canon" class being either Wyvern rider or assassin, Gerik is shown wielding a sword in his official art but came with an axe, and we still get made up prfs for units that never had any like Leila's. I reiterate, giving a sword to Heath really shouldn't have been a problem.

---------------

Since the official art of Heath has been brought up, this gives me the perfect chance to say something that's been on my mind for a while. I wish his and Florina's art featured their mounts alongside them. Not only are they in the official art but they get brought up quite a bit in their supports. Actually, should've been extended to characters like Cormag, Cherche, and Gerome since they also talk about their partner quite a bit.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

14 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Since the official art of Heath has been brought up, this gives me the perfect chance to say something that's been on my mind for a while. I wish his and Florina's art featured their mounts alongside them. Not only are they in the official art but they get brought up quite a bit in their supports. Actually, should've been extended to characters like Cormag, Cherche, and Gerome since they also talk about their partner quite a bit.

I think they nixed the mounts due to space. After all, none of the characters that have mounts have them depicted in their art.

While I'm happy about Rath finally making it, there's another green bow cav that, unfortunately, has made himself a +10 project due to sheer numbers. I have 6 Pythons sitting as manuals, waiting for either a +Atk copy or +Spd to switch out my neutral. 

Heath's art looks great! I'll probably make him my next grail project (Sorry, Haar) And I don't mind him coming with a Ridersbane. I'd need to look at his stats and skills before figuring out a good build for him. 

As said, I'll wait for Nils to move to a non-color share banner before seriously going for him. 

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

I think they nixed the mounts due to space. After all, none of the characters that have mounts have them depicted in their art.

Maybe but I feel like you could make it work. Something like these from the Cipher would certainly fit and get the job done I think.

Spoiler

VZkXA1t.png

IOev9WB.png

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Official confirmation that the English description of Pegasus Flight was mistranslated:

@Hilda @Anacybele

Figures. 😕 There always seems to be a mistake somewhere in these trailers. Kind of sad, honestly. I mean, an occasional mistake is one thing, but this seems to happen in this game an awful lot.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Figures. 😕 There always seems to be a mistake somewhere in these trailers. Kind of sad, honestly. I mean, an occasional mistake is one thing, but this seems to happen in this game an awful lot.

This is what happens when you hire Treehouse. I still hold a grudge against them for butchering Fates. I wish 8-4 would do all the localization work for Fire Emblem. Their dialogue work in Awakening was magical, and their dialogue and voice acting work on Shadows of Valentia was amazing too. I guess the voice acting in Heroes and Three Houses is not bad (although I have to agree that Fiora sounds way deeper than I imagined, but that is just a one time thing), so Treehouse did seem to improve, so I will give them that credit.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

This is what happens when you hire Treehouse. I still hold a grudge against them for butchering Fates. I wish 8-4 would do all the localization work for Fire Emblem. Their dialogue work in Awakening was magical, and their dialogue and voice acting work on Shadows of Valentia was amazing too. I guess the voice acting in Heroes and Three Houses is not bad (although I have to agree that Fiora sounds way deeper than I imagined, but that is just a one time thing), so Treehouse did seem to improve, so I will give them that credit.

I see. Figures too. Because I think Treehouse butchered some pronunciations. Like, I'm very sure Sothe was "Soth" (like in sloth), not "Sohthe" (like in soap) and Yune was "Yoonay" not "Yoon" in RD. Daein was also Day-in and not Dayne, beorc was bee-ork, not bay-ork and so on. This all bugs me. They could've checked the source content for the correct pronunciations so they didn't mess it up and confuse us on which is really correct.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what's Treehouse?

A 5th House in Three Houses.

People who translate FE games. They did Fates, for example.

@Anacybele I know that it's nice to check the source content for the correct pronunciations, but FEH's Yune pronunciation is more close to the Japanese than RD's pronunciation was.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Honestly a lot of the Radiant Dawn pronunciations feel awkward at best and I think FEH pronounces the words a lot better personally.

Rath is looking like a snack so i'm thrilled to see he's here. Not that interested in any of the others.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A 5th House in Three Houses.

People who translate FE games. They did Fates, for example.

@Anacybele I know that it's nice to check the source content for the correct pronunciations, but FEH's Yune pronunciation is more close to the Japanese than RD's pronunciation was.

To be more specific it’s Nintendo of America’s in-house localization team. 

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I know that it's nice to check the source content for the correct pronunciations, but FEH's Yune pronunciation is more close to the Japanese than RD's pronunciation was.

Maybe, but I still prefer what RD gave us and I got very used to those pronunciations too.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe, but I still prefer what RD gave us and I got very used to those pronunciations too.

That's fair. That's the pronunciation you learned first.

I am used to FEH pronunciations and not to RD pronunciations, so "Yoonay" bugs me.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. Figures too. Because I think Treehouse butchered some pronunciations. Like, I'm very sure Sothe was "Soth" (like in sloth), not "Sohthe" (like in soap) and Yune was "Yoonay" not "Yoon" in RD. Daein was also Day-in and not Dayne, beorc was bee-ork, not bay-ork and so on. This all bugs me. They could've checked the source content for the correct pronunciations so they didn't mess it up and confuse us on which is really correct.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's fair. That's the pronunciation you learned first.

I am used to FEH pronunciations and not to RD pronunciations, so "Yoonay" bugs me.

At the very least, the pronunciations used in Heroes are closer to the original Japanese. Sothe is "sah-thuh". Yune is "yoon". Daein is "dayn". Beorc is "bay-ork".

All that said, Begnion is the superior "beg-nee-on" in Japanese, which sounds way less annoyingly pretentious.

48 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what's Treehouse?

It's a house built in a tree.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the very least, the pronunciations used in Heroes are closer to the original Japanese. Sothe is "sah-thuh". Yune is "yoon". Daein is "dayn". Beorc is "bay-ork".

Well, then I suppose it should've been this way in RD too. Oh well...

Wait, isn't this just a FE7-themed Farfetched banner? Weird how (almost) all of them fit into a single motif. Pegasus Flight is weird, but thanks @Ice Dragon for clarifying that it's meant to work for Pegasi exclusively.

Good luck to everyone pulling here!

P.S. It's crazy how the NPC got the fully decked-out kit though.

looks at Jaffar, confused

Edited by DefyingFates