New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

Okay, so I actually saw this last night but didn't react. So, anyway, I am SO excited for Leila!! Matthew's been waiting for her to come to Heroes since launch! (There's a thing he says in the castle main page about how things work differently in Askr and indicates that he's hoping to get to see a particular someone (Leila) again and Matthew is one of the few you get right off the bat.) I need to get her someday and support her with Matthew. Her dagger has a cool/cute effect, too!

And, of course, I'm excited for Nils!! I can't wait to see him playing his flute! I only wish that he was a color other than blue. Oh well. Guess he's replacing his sister.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem is not that it's unrealistic, but that it causes cognitive dissonance that breaks the suspension of disbelief that you're supposed to maintain.

Cognitive dissonance can be used intentionally to draw attention to itself for various reasons, but this isn't such a situation where that is the case.

If it's not unrealistic, I don't care much for cognitive dissonance in regards to voice. I understand the voice doesn't serve a purpose in-game outside of defining the character, but if we're going to have most of the young adult women in FE history have the same typical young adult woman voice, I don't mind a curveball once in a while. At least, coming from someone who's seen other LGBT+ communities and having gotten used to voices and identities not being the "expected".

1 hour ago, XRay said:

This is what happens when you hire Treehouse. I still hold a grudge against them for butchering Fates. I wish 8-4 would do all the localization work for Fire Emblem. Their dialogue work in Awakening was magical, and their dialogue and voice acting work on Shadows of Valentia was amazing too. I guess the voice acting in Heroes and Three Houses is not bad (although I have to agree that Fiora sounds way deeper than I imagined, but that is just a one time thing), so Treehouse did seem to improve, so I will give them that credit.

Isn't the voice acting handled by Cup of Tea Productions (a recording studio) while another company handles localization? CoT did the voice acting for Three Houses from what I read of the VA's tweets.

Oh, also, I wonder if Nils being new and his sister being...not new and Matthew and Leila kind of having a similar comparison indicates that Ninian and Matthew may be the next resplendent heroes. If so, I hope Ninian gets a Nifl outfit, being an ice dragon. I could see Matthew getting one inspired by Embla.

31 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Isn't the voice acting handled by Cup of Tea Productions (a recording studio) while another company handles localization? CoT did the voice acting for Three Houses from what I read of the VA's tweets.

I think Intelligent Systems mentioned specifically that Three Houses was being localized by Treehouse, so maybe Treehouse does everything besides the voice acting.

48 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh, also, I wonder if Nils being new and his sister being...not new and Matthew and Leila kind of having a similar comparison indicates that Ninian and Matthew may be the next resplendent heroes. If so, I hope Ninian gets a Nifl outfit, being an ice dragon. I could see Matthew getting one inspired by Embla.

I'm thinking it more means that Ninian is due for a Prf a notion I'm sure Ice Dragon wouldn't object to either.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I'm sure Ninian will get a Resplendent eventually, but Matthew seems a lot less likely.

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm thinking it more means that Ninian is due for a Prf a notion I'm sure Ice Dragon wouldn't object to either.

That's a good point.

A Prf weapon and refinement would give Ninian something to make her different from Nils.

If March's Resplendent Hero is Marth, you can bet your hat I'll be buying the FEH pass. ...God, I'm easily pleased.

Anyways. I really want Nils. I've always liked him, so it's great to see that he's finally here.

28 minutes ago, Grandosco said:

Cool banner! Though question about Leila's weapon: "If unit is within 2 of more than one support partner, swap does not occur." I just checked and units can only support one ally. Does this mean...?

I took it to simply mean that if she was within 2 spaces of more than one ally, swapping would not occur.

29 minutes ago, Grandosco said:

Cool banner! Though question about Leila's weapon: "If unit is within 2 of more than one support partner, swap does not occur." I just checked and units can only support one ally. Does this mean...?

I believe that if you field multiple copies of the unit in question, she'll be supported with all of them since it's tied to the character, not a specific copy of said character. That's the logic behind stacking MCorrin, as far as I'm aware.

38 minutes ago, Grandosco said:

it just means that if you supported her with 2x MCorrin and both Corrins are within 2 Spaces, she wont swap places. You can support only one ally but you can allways field multiple copies of said ally

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

All that said, Begnion is the superior "beg-nee-on" in Japanese, which sounds way less annoyingly pretentious.

"Ben-yawn" has every right to be pretentious, they're the superpower of Tellius, and only the second of two (Rigel and Nohr counting is dependent on whether that they fight well but can't feed themselves constitutes superpower status- the USSR ran into food issues I think and nobody debates its Cold War superpower status, so maybe Nohr-Rigel deserve to count) true superpower countries in FE.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. It's crazy how the NPC got the fully decked-out kit though.

Leila did have an unused set of stats in FE7 as a Thief, they were quite good.:

Leila

Class: Thief (F)
Affinity: Wind
Weapon Ranks: Sword S
Notes: —

Base Stats/Caps

Type HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res Con
Thief (F) base 15 2 3 8 0 1 2 5
Stat addition 9 12 13 12 8 11 13 0
Base stats 24 14 16 20 8 12 15 5
Thief (F) caps /60 /20 /20 /20 /30 /20 /20 /20

Growth Rates

HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
80% 70% 65% 0% 55% 30% 40%

@silverserpent @Alexmender @mcsilas

Heh, I knew when I saw the tags and the name of the banner that it was going to be a Leila banner. Somewhat inopportune time to show up, but let's take a look.

As expected, Nils is first. He's an interesting debuffing variant of a dancer, something akin to the faries from Book IV. It goes hand in hand with his Even Pulse Tie. Brings a unique combination of debuffing support and dance support which is neat, plus he doubles as a dragon like his sister. Still he's not reinventing the wheel. They really should have made him green. He would have had perfect synergy with his sister instead of competing with her. He's pretty decent but nothing outworldish. I still want him because I've always preferred him to his sister even if she's become a staple for my Morgan team in heroes. Do want.

Rath is a little chatty given what he's like in FE7. Still it's cool to see him and of course I like Rath. Who doesn't like Rath? Kinda wish he'd been blue to be more interesting. I understand the color choice because of Lyn and Sue but seeing as he's clearly the demote he's just saturating that pool. I mean... we already have Python. His kit screams demote. If I ever want to merge a bow cav, it'll likely be him.

Fiora is a really disappointing and boring choice. First, swords suited her better. They should have chosen someone else to be the TT unit so that her OG variant could have had a sword. She's just going to be another lance flier *5 exclusive with a ton of competition and no real appeal (like Sumia). She's got a neat weapon and B skill, but because of those things she won't demote which makes her the stinker of the banner. Farina would have been a better choice. Even if she had an identical kit she would have been more appealing on the merit alone of being a new character. At least this means there's hope of her having a premium kit.

Now what you've been waiting for, Leila. She'll probably have bonkers offenses but let's look at what she has now. First, her art... is odd. She looks amazing on one hand but there's something off about the normal art. Not sure what it is. Now her weapon, very interesting. She gets +5 ATK and +8 SPD when initiating so clearly she'll have a great offensive statline. Plus she gets... a firesweep effect if she's in range of her support partner. That's really amazing actually, though a bit of potential work to setup given the map. The swap mechanic is interesting. Fittingly enough she'd have amazing synergy with Matthew. She comes in, kills an enemy safely and cripples the rest, swaps with Matthew who does tons of damage right away due to his lover's debuffs, then he buffs the two of them and proceed to tank the rest of the weakened enemies like a boss. Course this would mean running two colorless daggers, but between an onmi tank and a firesweep hyper offense physical nuke I think they'd be alright.

Her other skills are standard. LnD4 because due and the ruse skill would be better if it was something like SPD/DEF or ATK/SPD but I understand wanting to introduce another Ruse skill so that's fine. ATK Smoke is good synergy of course.

Sadly my orb supply is low and while I love everyone here (except Fiora who I didn't even like in FE7), none of these units are must haves at the very beginning. I'm definitely going to want Leila later on if I don't get her during the FB event though. Gonna grab blue and colorless from tickets and green only if the other two are absent. Rath will come in time. They all will find their way to my barracks. Just like the Black Fang banner, I have all of those units now.

Also RIP Heath. It's the GHB Lance Flier curse. He'll be trash because duh.

Edited by Zeo

On reflection, Fiora might be the most pointless addition ever.

- Already in the game

- Oversaturated class with mediocre kit

- Only barely fits a banner theme that's half-hearted anyway

- Less popular than the demote character

Why is she even here?

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Why is she even here?

So she can pitybreak people pulling for Nils and whales will have to spend more than they usually would to +10 him.

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So she can pitybreak people pulling for Nils and whales will have to spend more than they usually would to +10 him.

As a reforming whale, I'd like to point out that I just want a single copy. Only more than that if his nature is abysmal. Also why I'll wait for a separate banner for him.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That, and to piss me off due to getting her standard version before the still waiting Charlotte be the Book IV equivalent of Sumia.

I like Sumia personally, but she absolutely shouldn’t be a 5-star exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That seems counter-intuitive. Compared to a non-colourshare banner, the extra cost is negligible. She might scare whales off from trying to +10 Nils and instead wait until he's rerun. And if it's on a three-unit banner, the cost is significantly less.

In any case, Eyvel and arguably Shannan fulfilled the same role, but they were both new, thematic and popular.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Rath is a little chatty given what he's like in FE7. Still it's cool to see him and of course I like Rath. Who doesn't like Rath? Kinda wish he'd been blue to be more interesting. I understand the color choice because of Lyn and Sue but seeing as he's clearly the demote he's just saturating that pool. I mean... we already have Python. His kit screams demote. If I ever want to merge a bow cav, it'll likely be him.

Def Smoke in the 4* summoning pool regardless if he has Def Smoke 3 as a 4* is awesome as well. I don't have to burn a spring Alfonse, Claude, or Panne for Def Smoke 3 on Ares or anyone else now. Now, if only we could get Close Def in the 4* summoning pool or even Armor March because I'd like to be able to inherit Special Fighter 3 and either Close Def 3 or Armor March 3 from CYL Ephraim to someone.

I thought Rath had Spd/Def Form instead of Spd/Res Form and thought that I could give something neat to Clair to replace her Darting Blow 3. It'd be dependent on positioning and on how many allies are near her, but she would be able to get the speed boost on either phase and the defense boost would be appreciated as well. I figured on a fliers team or during Rival Domains or Grand Conquests where there are a lot of units on the field that she could easily meet the requirements. Spd/Res Form would be fine, though. It's not like she doesn't have a crapton of SP...

15 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Why is she even here?

Just to suffer. Cue Quiet's Theme (Instrumental).

Edited by Kaden