New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

You know what would be nice? A Pirate-themed banner. Dart, Farina, Xander, Fargus, Jake, and I'm sure there's others that'd fit.

You're missing OG Pirate Darros!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

This is irrelevant. Pent knew something bad was happening on the Dread Isle, and thus hired Fiora to investigate. You don't any other info about it because the game makes it clear that the something wrong was Nergal.

Pent says in chapter 22x, after EHL meets Athos: “Nergal, a magic user who rivals you, Lord Athos… And the return of the dragons. An intriguing story.”

He talks about Nergal as though it's the first time he's heard of him. The Fiora/Pent support conversation doesn't specify what Fiora's mission was, and so doesn't contradict this view.

Again, irrelevant. Leila has a life and childhood that began off the Dread Isle, too, and her relationship with Matthew didn't start on the Dread Isle. You're just describing something that applies to EVERY character.

I am describing how Fiora's support conversations flesh out her backstory. Where is Leila's backstory fleshed out?

1. That's not what I said. I said you're wrong in that she "barely fits." Which, again, you are. Nice job trying to put words in my mouth, though!

The reason I say Fiora barely fits is because I think her backstory matters. When you say " Her entire story arc starts there, and all the major events that happen to her happen there." (your exact words) you are implying her backstory does not matter.

2. You're kinda arguing that Leila's mission is one of the main things that qualifies her for the theme, so, to then turn around and say this about Fiora is strange.

We learn a lot more about Fiora's past than her mission, whereas we learn a lot more about Leila's mission than her past.

14 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Pent says in chapter 22x, after EHL meets Athos: “Nergal, a magic user who rivals you, Lord Athos… And the return of the dragons. An intriguing story.”

He talks about Nergal as though it's the first time he's heard of him. The Fiora/Pent support conversation doesn't specify what Fiora's mission was, and so doesn't contradict this view.

And that means...nothing. In their supports, Pent apologizes to Fiora for not getting the appropriate info before sending her and her squad off on her mission. As I said, Pent knew something was going on, and sent Fiora. This doesn't contradict my point.

17 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I am describing how Fiora's support conversations flesh out her backstory. Where is Leila's backstory fleshed out?

All you need about this minor NPC who doesn't have a large amount of screen time is A: she's an Ostian spy, and B: she and Matthew have feelings for each other. The game gives you this info before the Dread Isle, and that's all that's needed. She isn't a major NPC like the Reed brothers, Nergal, or Sonia. It would be different if she was a playable character, but she's not; her main function is furthering Matthew's arc.

20 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

The reason I say Fiora barely fits is because I think her backstory matters. When you say " Her entire story arc starts there, and all the major events that happen to her happen there." (your exact words) you are implying her backstory does not matter.

That is not what I said at all, nor is there any implication of that in my words. If that's really what you took from that, then you need to work on your reading comprehension.

I already stated that as far as her Blazing Blade arc goes, it starts at the Dread Isle...which you conveniently decided against quoting.

23 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

We learn a lot more about Fiora's past than her mission, whereas we learn a lot more about Leila's mission than her past.

Irrelevant. Fiora is a playable character, Leila is an NPC. Of course we get more of Fiora's past. This doesn't make Fiora any less fitting, or Leila any more fitting.

40 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

And that means...nothing. In their supports, Pent apologizes to Fiora for not getting the appropriate info before sending her and her squad off on her mission. As I said, Pent knew something was going on, and sent Fiora. This doesn't contradict my point.

We don't know what Pent knew, hence we know nothing about the specifics of the mission. We can only speculate.

All you need about this minor NPC who doesn't have a large amount of screen time is A: she's an Ostian spy, and B: she and Matthew have feelings for each other. The game gives you this info before the Dread Isle, and that's all that's needed. She isn't a major NPC like the Reed brothers, Nergal, or Sonia. It would be different if she was a playable character, but she's not; her main function is furthering Matthew's arc.

" You're just describing something that applies to EVERY character. "

So non-playable characters don't count as characters?

That is not what I said at all, nor is there any implication of that in my words. If that's really what you took from that, then you need to work on your reading comprehension.

So you called me objectively wrong without even addressing my argument?

I already stated that as far as her Blazing Blade arc goes, it starts at the Dread Isle...which you conveniently decided against quoting.

Her backstory exists, whether you like it or not. This isn't something you can argue against.

Irrelevant. Fiora is a playable character, Leila is an NPC. Of course we get more of Fiora's past. This doesn't make Fiora any less fitting, or Leila any more fitting.

It does because neither of their pasts relate to the Dread Isle, and both of their missions relate to it.

20 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

We don't know what Pent knew, hence we know nothing about the specifics of the mission. We can only speculate.

That's what we've both been saying. I don't know why you keep trying to argue this. Pent simply knew something was happening.

21 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

" You're just describing something that applies to EVERY character. "

So non-playable characters don't count as characters?

Nowhere did I state or imply that. Again, reading comprehension.

22 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

So you called me objectively wrong without even addressing my argument?

I've been addressing you practically word for word! You're being ridiculous now.

23 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Her backstory exists, whether you like it or not. This isn't something you can argue against.

I haven't argued that she has no past, nor have I argued that I don't like her backstory. You're literally pulling things out of thin air now.

25 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It does because neither of their pasts relate to the Dread Isle, and both of their missions relate to it.

It does not. And you just kinda made my own point for me.

That's what we've both been saying.

Me:  "mission we know nothing about "

You: " we do know a bit about it. "

Nowhere did I state or imply that.

Again, literally your exact words.

"You're just describing something that applies to EVERY character."

It does not. And you just kinda made my own point for me.

Fiora is more fitting for a Dread Isle banner when far less of her characterisation relates to the Dread Isle. If you want to believe that, whatever. I'm tired of dealing with constant ad hominem attacks.

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Me:  "mission we know nothing about "

You: " we do know a bit about it. "

That's not what I've been saying and you know it. What I have been saying is that it's directly stated in the game that Pent sent Fiora to investigate, but didn't know the details or specifics. That's literally it. I have not claimed to know anything else, nor have I claimed the game tells us anything else.

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Again, literally your exact words.

"You're just describing something that applies to EVERY character."

Again, you're pulling things out of the air to fabricate a false meaning with my words.

10 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Fiora is more fitting for a Dread Isle banner when far less of her characterisation relates to the Dread Isle. If you want to believe that, whatever. I'm tired of dealing with constant ad hominem attacks.

You're missing the point entirely and resorting to putting words in my mouth, creating blatant false meanings with the words I actually am using, trying to say I haven't addressed anything when I've actually been quoting almost every word you've said, and replying progressively more aggressive. Who's attacking who with ad hominems, now?

But, you're right, I am tired of dealing with constant ad hominem attacks. Have a nice day.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .that's enough, you two.  Who belongs on the banner is moot, since none of us are in charge of it.  Though it IS a crying shame that Aion isn't on there!

What's wrong with a healthy debate? It's not like it's off topic. 

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

. . .that's enough, you two.  Who belongs on the banner is moot, since none of us are in charge of it.  Though it IS a crying shame that Aion isn't on there!

Ah yes, the hard to hit Sage b/c they're on a gate with no weapon. Well, he had a weapon, the great Bolting, but he gets the worst day a boss could have b/c Kishuna shows up. Even worse, Matthew steals that shiny IliaBank (all that merc money has to be properly managed) Platinum Card he had finally built up a good enough credit score to qualify for last week. What a pitiable man, at fate worse than the dude's red bane or that of the old guy who gives out free Luck in the ruins nearby.

Just now, Icelerate said:

What's wrong with a healthy debate? It's not like it's off topic. 

Last post above mine says that it was getting a little too far from "debate" and into "this might end badly".  Not warn-worthy, but I figured a little in-topic nudge is vastly superior to me handing out warning points.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah yes, the hard to hit Sage b/c they're on a gate with no weapon. Well, he had a weapon, the great Bolting, but he gets the worst day a boss could have b/c Kishuna shows up. Even worse, Matthew steals that shiny IliaBank (all that merc money has to be properly managed) Platinum Card he had finally built up a good enough credit score to qualify for last week. What a pitiable man, at fate worse than the dude's red bane or that of the old guy who gives out free Luck in the ruins nearby.

He'd be unarmed!  😛

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Jake or Fargus would have been pretty cool too. Especially Jake as he wasn't actually playable.

I question the poor sap's playable appearance to begin with, having been scrubbed away for all eternity meanwhile his partner now enjoys the pleasure of being the series' popular mascot (a̶l̶b̶e̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶p̶o̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶t̶e̶) No way this npc version would be the one to make it in.

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Geitz as an Infantry Red Bow unit (hey he has access to bows!), Farina as the obligatory Lance Flier/Pegasus unit, Dart as an Infantry Axe unit, and Jake as an Infantry Colorless Dagger unit, complete with a Fargus GHB. Boom. Pirates.

Sure, why not

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Geitz as an Infantry Red Bow unit (hey he has access to bows!), Farina as the obligatory Lance Flier/Pegasus unit, Dart as an Infantry Axe unit, and Jake as an Infantry Colorless Dagger unit, complete with a Fargus GHB. Boom. Pirates.

I would love this banner since Geitz is the last Blazing Sword character I really like that is not in the game.  Plus Fargus GHB would be great.

11 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

The actual crime of this Dread Isle themed banner is that Dart is nowhere to be seen. What the heck IS? 😛

This. I want Dart.

or Harken and Oswin

I could do a pirate theme with ex-pirate Barst, too.

@Zeo I think what's off about Leila's art is PeNekoR is trying to accentuate her lady assets a bit more than usual, but in the process, her torso placement feels wrong in her normal art. See where the neck ends, and compared it to where her torso is, it feels a bit too far out from where the spine should be.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I can get behind this banner. I'd go for Jake so Anna could have her boyfriend finally. 

I'd also be obligated to go for Dart and Farina. Farina/Hector was one of my go-to pair ups, but I liked Dart/Farina's conversations as well.

Edited by silverserpent

Wasn't this Jake her cousin or something though? Not that that has stopped FE before but still.

Also yeah, count me as dissatisfied from the lack of Dart. The first character I thought off when I saw that it was Dread Isle theme but as per usual, the theme was half-assed

29 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Wasn't this Jake her cousin or something though? Not that that has stopped FE before but still.

No, he's always (just) been her boyfriend.

The next FE7 banner after this one HAS to have Sain imo. He's now the most wanted character from the game that isn't in Heroes in any form yet, I think. One of the most wanted, in any case. I hope Wil comes with him as well, though I don't think he scored very high in CYL. Poor dude. I think he's neat...