New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

48 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Congrats! I got a -Atk Nils myself. I just keep reminding myself that a -Atk is better than not having ‘em at all to make me feel better lol.

I suppose. And it's not like I was really gonna use Fiora anyway, cuz I already have Cordelia as my main lance flier 😛

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to +10 Rath within 30 minutes of the banner dropping. I started playing Heroes because I thought he was in the game already (turned out to be theory-craft). It's been surreal, as the announcement was on the eve of my anniversary of playing FEH. Disappointed he didn't come with Rienfleche and that he's green, but honestly I'm just happy he's in the game. Slowly, but surely, he will be my one unit that somehow has all available skills on him. Is it wise? No. Is it wasteful of prime fodder? Yes. But dammit, I will go all out for my favourite character, otherwise, what is this all for?

Really wanted Farina on this banner, and I don't understand why Fiora got in instead (bearing in mind she already has a summer alt), but she's definitely gotta be in the next one.

Leila... I know she's popular, though if I'm being honest, I don't fully understand why. Either way, I'm just salty she got the stats and skills. 

Started summoning on the banner and as I predicted Fiora pity broke me, just for Nils to show up on the very next Blue orb. Definitely happy with that outcome, though it makes me fear for what will happen on the next banner if my luck was this good.

Can someone test if Leila's swap ability works with Link Skills?

Just give ally support Between Leila and Mordecai or Norne and test it.

I don't expect it to work since the swap of her dagger is not a movement assist skill, but still...

Edit: No, it doesn't work.
Edited by Diovani Bressan

Guys. I don't know why it didn't strike me before (i.e., on any Summer Tiki), but... Well, in Nils' damaged art, you can see his belly button. This means that FE dragons have an umbilical cord. Does this mean that FE dragons don't hatch from eggs? And I don't mean dragons who have human parents somewhere close to them genetically in their lineage (since the live birth thing can be traced easily back to the human lineage as a possible explanation), or dragon Laguz (since dragon Laguz seem to biologically work differently from other sorts of FE dragons such as manaketes, as displayed by Corrin -> Kana and Nowi -> Nah, which retain their manakete status instead of the Laguz consequences to interbreeding with beorc, and the whole Branded deal.)

Guess this confirms that dragon eggs aren't a thing in FE? (And I don't mean the "dragons" which serve as mounts.)

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Guys. I don't know why it didn't strike me before (i.e., on any Summer Tiki), but... Well, in Nils' damaged art, you can see his belly button. This means that FE dragons have an umbilical cord. Does this mean that FE dragons don't hatch from eggs? And I don't mean dragons who have human parents somewhere close to them genetically in their lineage (since the live birth thing can be traced easily back to the human lineage as a possible explanation), or dragon Laguz (since dragon Laguz seem to biologically work differently from other sorts of FE dragons such as manaketes, as displayed by Corrin -> Kana and Nowi -> Nah, which retain their manakete status instead of the Laguz consequences to interbreeding with beorc, and the whole Branded deal.)

Guess this confirms that dragon eggs aren't a thing in FE? (And I don't mean the "dragons" which serve as mounts.)

Look at Nowi's outfit. This sort of thing isn't new. 😛 

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Look at Nowi's outfit. This sort of thing isn't new. 😛 

Ah, yet another place where it was visible which went over my head. XD

18 hours ago, Mercakete said:

For this, we're going to need to do a little bit of backwards tracing.

Nah is half-human, half-manakete.  This implies that Nowi in her human form is capable of creating babies the human way.  Since the human way involves a baby with an umbilical cord, it stands to reason that manaketes have something similar.  For Tellius, the time of pregnancy is significantly longer (but the existence of Branded also indicates that those dragons have human-like reproduction).

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

For this, we're going to need to do a little bit of backwards tracing.

Nah is half-human, half-manakete.  This implies that Nowi in her human form is capable of creating babies the human way.  Since the human way involves a baby with an umbilical cord, it stands to reason that manaketes have something similar.  For Tellius, the time of pregnancy is significantly longer (but the existence of Branded also indicates that those dragons have human-like reproduction).

Yes, but then here comes the question: are manaketes actually full dragons or something else altogether? Are Nils and Ninian dragons or manaketes? I think it's confirmed that Tiki and Nowi are manaketes, but then are manaketes descendants of/a race favored by the gods in FE lore? The gods tend to have the same ability to turn into dragons (Naga, Duma, etc.) after all, and are extremely manakete-like in their forms and abilities. But then there's the Dragon's Gate in Elibe. Are the dragons from the other side of the gate actually manaketes, or another kind of dragon being? Are these, perhaps, truer "dragons" than manaketes?

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yes, but then here comes the question: are manaketes actually full dragons or something else altogether? Are Nils and Ninian dragons or manaketes? I think it's confirmed that Tiki and Nowi are manaketes, but then are manaketes descendants of/a race favored by the gods in FE lore? The gods tend to have the same ability to turn into dragons (Naga, Duma, etc.) after all, and are extremely manakete-like in their forms and abilities. But then there's the Dragon's Gate in Elibe. Are the dragons from the other side of the gate actually manaketes, or another kind of dragon being? Are these, perhaps, truer "dragons" than manaketes?

Apparently, that type of dragon is one that can change to the point where inter-breeding with humans is possible.  Though aren't a manakete's powers stuck in a stone?

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Apparently, that type of dragon is one that can change to the point where inter-breeding with humans is possible.  Though aren't a manakete's powers stuck in a stone?

It's more like the stone allows better control over that power (see early-Fates Corrin/Kana) otherwise we may accidentally rampage a country or something. (This is probably also why deities go crazy after long enough; they don't rely on stones since they have better control over their power, but it catches up to them eventually.)

But regarding Nils and Ninian's kind of dragon, sure they can remain in human form, but it seems to have really bad consequences with prolonged use. Nils says in his lvl40 convo...

Spoiler

that dragons like him and Ninian can't survive off of the same stuff as humans, so they need to return to their world after a time or they'll die. Guess this happens to Ninian if/when she stays with Eliwood in FE7. I'm a couple chapters away from beating that game, so I know some stuff, but I haven't seen the endings yet, so I'm speaking from limited knowledge here. But the important thing that that lvl40 conversation tells us is that they are very different from manaketes, dragon deities, and dragon Laguz. So, it's entirely possible that in their most natural form and world, they come from eggs, as humans probably don't exist there.