New Heroes: The Dread Isle

DarthR0xas

No Nergal? Whyyyyy. And Heath makes three of the past four GHBs lance fliers, which is just weird. And there's more lance GHBs even right before that.

1. Heath (lance flier)
  2. Travant (lance flier)
  3. Kempf (sword cavalry)
  4. Cormag (lance flier)
  5. Conrad (lance cavalry)
  6. Astram (sword infantry)
  7. Death Knight (lance cavalry)
  8. Kronya (colorless dagger infantry)
  9. Cynthia (lance flier)

So of the past nine GHBs, four are lance fliers and two are lance cavalry. This wasn't even necessary - they could have made him a direct 3-4* unit. Which is another frustrating thing about this, it seems those aren't a thing anymore. Guess it's time to stop hoping for them, then.

Rath as another demote green bow cav is also just kinda silly. I was hoping for him and Leila to have their colors switched the other way around.

I do like the continued color sharing, though. This makes three consecutive New Heroes banners like that - it seems they're back to not being averse to it. Which is nice since it actually gives reason to pull on them rather than waiting for 3-character rerun banners.

Fiora's set isn't super exciting, but her new Pegasus Flight skill is... wait, it activates based on Spd, but scales based on Res? That's so weird. Can effectively give up to +7 Atk/Def/Res, but only if you have 7 more Spd and 14 more Res. Or 14 less Res? Does that work? The Japanese version seems to have the same Spd vs Res discrepancy, so if it's a typo, it's a typo in both.

Probably still going to pull blue anyway. There's a lot I want out of blue right now, and Nils is neat.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is a pretty good banner. Nice to see many people happy with it. Still sad at the lack of Marcus. What does the poor dude have to do to get in the game?

Leila is the big one for me but since I'm lacking orbs I'll probably just do free pull and back out. We'll see when it happens.

Just now, Medeus said:

Woo, Blazing Blade banner!

Happy to see Nils, I've wanted to see him join his sister in the game ever since her banner came out and finally we're getting him after nearly two years. Hopefully he's good because I could use another dancer, though him sharing with Fiora is going to be a pain. I'm also happy to see Rath finally get into the game as well, he was one of my most reliable units in my first playthrough of the game so I have a soft spot for him, I hope he demotes though since I don't have enough orbs to spend to get both him and Nils considering my luck.

As for Heath I'm sad to see that he'll be the GHB. Like Rath he was another one of my most reliable units so I've been wanting to see him for a while, but him being a GHB doesn't bode well considering his archetype doesn't allow for a lot of uniqueness or flexibility. Hopefully they'll do something with him that makes him stand out at least somewhat, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rath's a 4*-5* unit right off the bat!

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well that's assuming we're getting a new Thanos snap right? 
wasn't that announced last year around this time - not in April?

but i hear you. i can count on one hand how many blue units i want. a good chunk of the ones i REALLY want are actually Thanos Snapped. there really aren't a lot of sexy blue units (with sexy skills) which is kinda a bummer

Both the removal of Book 1 5* exclusives and the demotion of book 2 4-5* units were announced in the April FEH Channel.

https://gamepress.gg/feheroes/feh-channel-apr-4-2019-overview

Oh no. Pls no. Heath is in but as a GHB? My least desired outcome. With Leila on the banner instead!? This another Canas/Karla bullshit. At least as a 3* he would have had IVs and a chance for a refine but now... I guess I cant say I didn't see it coming since he even starts out as an enemy in FE7 but I was really hoping against all odds this wouldn't happen.

On the bright side I have not used any grails since they were always being saved on the chance that Brady or Nils would end up as grail units but now both are here and thankfully that wasn't the case so I should've enough to +10 Heath immediately (well no, I'm lacking feathers but I can get the copies at least) and even have some nice fodder available right now so hopefully I'll be able to whip him up something good.

Nils is looking amazing! All my tickets and orbs will go to him and hopefully I can get him to a nice merge level. Seems like an amazing disruptor so I'm glad he'll have some use other than playing.

Leila fairly nifty herself. In fact she has what is essentially the first firesweep dagger. Salty by the preferential treatment here but even so I wouldn't mind getting her and is my backup plan should there be no blues in a session.

Nice to see Rath make it in. Even nicer is that he's in as a 4* already (a focus one at that) instead of having to wait until the banner is over. This is nice change that I hope doesn't get dropped like the recent 3* heroes. I hope he actually shows up for me unlike Python who still hasn't appeared.

Fiora is kinda boring since a good version of her is already available but I guess having her original self and not suffering the same fate as Charlotte is good.

31 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Oh please. Do you honestly expect the developers to bend to your will and not be faithful to the unit's original class? What else is Heath supposed to be? Farina? Vanessa?

Could've given him a sword instead of lance if nothing else to at least change things up a bit.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

I am thoroughly unimpressed by this banner, aside from Leila the surprise addition. Nils has his neat unique skill, but Rath and Fiora are both mediocre as all heck. I like them all as characters, but since my orb supply is almost totally exhausted I'm just going to have to take the free pull and go. Hopefully Farina will come along sooner or later.

Nils is here, that's nice! About time they finally added him. Wasn't expecting to see Leila though. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Matthew's probably really happy now.

I like this banner, but I think I'll pass. As tempting as it is to pull for Fiora, I am fine with her Summer alt, and I already have Cordy as my main lance flier. Also it really annoys me how they still have Marianne Miller as Fiora

As for Heath...oof, poor guy. He's pretty much doomed to be yet another generic lance flier ghb :I

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Othin Be glad that Nergal was spared this time. He deserves better than being doomed to welfare mediocrity. 

He's a villain, they're the ones that are supposed to be GHBs.

I don't care whether he's good or not, I just want him to be in the game.

Well, I love that we can get Rath at a 4 star right away, he will be easier to get. But those skills haha. Oh well, I'll make him better! I knew he would be green, but I was hoping not. And if course I'm going to try for Leila too, cause I love her. But I hope that it will be easy to get them both.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

He's a villain, they're the ones that are supposed to be GHBs.

I don't care whether he's good or not, I just want him to be in the game.

That has never been a confirmed rule by the developers. GHB units can be whoever the developers feel like putting there. 

The guy has “Legendary” potential and yet you’re satisfied with mediocrity...he deserves better than that. 

11 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

I am thoroughly unimpressed by this banner, aside from Leila the surprise addition. Nils has his neat unique skill, but Rath and Fiora are both mediocre as all heck.

Yeah, that's also the part that really gets me with this banner. Clearly they both should be demotes, but yet one of them will probably remain a 5-star exclusive just because. 

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

Iduun: Ahem.

She is one of the exceptions, not the rule. Idunn was simply popular enough and also fortunate enough (unlike Aversa) to escape that fate. I imagine someone like Nergal will not be as lucky.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

That has never been a confirmed rule by the developers. GHB units can be whoever the developers feel like putting there. 

The guy has “Legendary” potential and yet you’re satisfied with mediocrity...he deserves better than that. 

It's obviously not a rule. But I wish they'd go back to tending towards it when possible.

And no, he does not have the potential to be a Legendary Hero. I've seen arguments for him being a Mythic Hero, but to be honest... no, he doesn't really deserve that. He deserves the exact same treatment as Lyon, and Julius, and Gharnef, and nothing more. He's not that special, he's just a weirdly missing member of FE's villainous sorcerer lineup.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Idunn was an unusual case for several reasons.

For one thing, she isn't actually a villain.

I'm pretty sure being the final boss is being a villain, even if it isn't her intentions.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Grima and Duma too

True.

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

A rebuttal from Ishtar: "Ahem, ahem"

Not familiar with FE4 and FE5, thanks for telling me.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It's not exactly a confirmed rule but the pattern is that GHB units are enemy in their original games. Sometimes recruitable.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She is one of the exceptions, not the rule. Idunn was simply popular enough and also fortunate enough (unlike Aversa) to escape that fate. I imagine someone like Nergal will not be as lucky.

Seem you forgot Grim, Duma and Ishtar like me.

Does Loki count too?

Edited by Nym

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I'm pretty sure being the final boss is being a villain, even if it isn't her intentions.

No, it's being an antagonist. "Antagonist" and "villain" are different things.