Three houses Playtrough recomendantions

hello

I was thinking on how to best play Three houses as best as possible if you want to get as much of history as possible,

so here it goes:

do crimson flower (black eagles) and azure moon (bule lions) together ( one chapter of one then one chapter of the other, no meter how much I dislike CF's story you need it to get the full story) and do Cindered Shadows after you get the handle of the game but before you reach the time skip, so you can recruit the wolves as soon as possible.

then do Verdent wind  (golden deer),

and finish of with  Silver Snow (church) since it's final boss is the hardest, so you will have a good grip on the game

don't forget to the paralogues 

2 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Doing VW and SS back-to-back sounds awful.

Reveal hidden contents

But then again playing SS itself is awful, so...

I'm trying to optimizing the game for people who just want to know the game's story, I know how similar VW and SS are, but they are needed

14 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

I'm trying to optimizing the game for people who just want to know the game's story, I know how similar VW and SS are, but they are needed

Honestly, the only thing SS has that VW is Rhea's info dump before that terrible "twist" at the end. I would honestly recommend that after VW people just watch that one scene on YouTube.

EDIT: Rewind a minute because I just noticed who posted this: does "no meter how much I dislike CF's story you need it to get the full story" mean Mister Holy Crusade Against Edelgard I Will Never Play CF As Long As I Live finally played CF? If so I'm impressed. I'm fine with you not liking it as long as you played it.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

31 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Honestly, the only thing SS has that VW is Rhea's info dump before that terrible "twist" at the end. I would honestly recommend that after VW people just watch that one scene on YouTube.

EDIT: Rewind a minute because I just noticed who posted this: does "no meter how much I dislike CF's story you need it to get the full story" mean Mister Holy Crusade Against Edelgard I Will Never Play CF As Long As I Live finally played CF? If so I'm impressed. I'm fine with you not liking it as long as you played it.

like I said before, my issues are with the route itself, while I disapprove Edelgard's actions and her motives,  she is a well-written character which you can understand where she comes from, so overall, I'm neutral towards her, the good and bad on her balances her off, I'm just a bit to eager to point out her flaws, and it makes me look like a hater, it's just her actions pisses me of, but I respect her as a character 

Edited by darkblade2814

I would recommend doing either the Blue Lions or Golden Deer on your first playthrough. 

The second route should be the Edelgard route with the Black Eagles. I think doing this route second is key to avoid making the routes feel samey. The Deers and Lions have their differences but they do share the majority of chapters and mission objectives. The Edelgard route is shorter but it has more unique maps. If you do the Deers and Lions right after each other then the game might start to feel samey so its better to first do the Edelgard route before returning to Claude or Dimitri. 

like thats been said in this thread countless times if you want maximum happiness out of 3h, that does not involve playing church

i'd argue the blue lions is the best first path because it gives the least information. then CF then GD.

if you're only playing the game once though i'd recommend gd for what its worth

6 hours ago, darkblade2814 said:

do crimson flower (black eagles) and azure moon (bule lions) together ( one chapter of one then one chapter of the other, no meter how much I dislike CF's story you need it to get the full story)

Strongly recommend against this. Three Houses is a lengthy game, and doing most of the same stuff (twice) pre-skip is gonna be tedious. Plus, the post-skip portions are different lengths; you'll either end CF prematurely, or need to double up some AM chapters. Finally, if you use any of the same units, it could be hard to keep track of what you're training them in.

My suggestion based on all you've said is to start BL, then go CF. But GD is a great starting route too. Up to you.

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Strongly recommend against this. Three Houses is a lengthy game, and doing most of the same stuff (twice) pre-skip is gonna be tedious. Plus, the post-skip portions are different lengths; you'll either end CF prematurely, or need to double up some AM chapters. Finally, if you use any of the same units, it could be hard to keep track of what you're training them in.

My suggestion based on all you've said is to start BL, then go CF. But GD is a great starting route too. Up to you.

golden deer is the juiciest of the routes, so I say save the best for last