Birthright, like has been addressed, is a walk in the park

mangasdeouf

Hi,

In order to get all the characters from BR in my logbook so I could finally use them whenever I want (like in my incoming conquest run with Hoshidan units), I played the game to the chapter...23! B*tch Yukimura couldn't appear before being nearly at the end of the gae seriously IS?

I remembered that there's no hard mode bonus for anyone (what a shame) so I did it on normal after chapter 13 or so to speed up the process...I thought I was going to sleep, seriously, my dread fighter Corrin with pally jakob backpack flew to the yukimura chapter on her feet (paradoxal but possible in this game) with only 2 things making me mad: the fort around 20 with promoted ennemies...not because it's hard, but because you have to rout and these as*holes stood on every stairs if I let them live (had to restart because I got trapped by this shitty AI programming), and the level with the lava whch is just plain annoying, pushing you to spam flyers and raising the middle finger if you don't use any. aybe flyers can't even cross the lava, but at least their movement isn't restricted to 4 from 9 base (6+bootsx2+support) so they can move from a reinforcement group to the other (maybe there were hints of how to beat the chapter and I skipped them because everything thay use to tell is useless storytelling with poor writing that could've been written by a 5 YO kid watching too much anime, even Final Fantasy IV DS had a deeper story with better turns in events and unexpected? story development).

Ennemies hit me for 0 damage whenever they hit me, and I had 24 def/29 res at the end of ch22 (+5 from Jakob) with a +res -mag avatar, in CQ I would take 8 damage from random ennemies no paired up (average is 37 damage around ch20-21, the one with T*** as the boss on a fort rooftop, which recalled me of that shadows of valentia chapter at the end of part 1 with every ennemy rushing at you and willing to slaughter you even though you didn't say anything and didn't talk trash to their moms), this +their speed that's barely 20-24 for average/fast units, which is just piss easy to have with Mozu in any 15% spd growth class without any pair up at level 20, not talking of promo gains that nearly let her double these weaklings at 20/1 (with a tonic she would definitely double 20 speed ennemies and with a yumi she'd ORKO them, unlike Takumi who needs much more help with his pi*s poor spd base, only 15 guaranteed speed after promo since his growth is very coinflip and hes lv 11 already, let's say he has 18-19 spd after promo on average, he needs tonic+pair up to double that XD, at least Azama would nearly OHKO with iron, which Takumi needs Fujin/silver to do, and Azama with silver...could maybe OHKO with a little help like damaging passive abilities similar to quick draw, but anyway he still outspeeds Takumi while being bulkier and stronger than him forever, whatever the class he's in, but this is going off topic).

So, yeah, Birthright really needs hard to feel like it even is a Fire Emblem game (hell it's like playing Awakening normal hidden easy mode, you don't even need pair up to barely take any damage + you can grind all you want to make it even easier than easy). If at least Corrin needed 30 def/res + Jakob pally S rank pair up to not take damage...but 25 is enough, and you can get that easily by not putting -def or -res and giving him ninja, dread fighter or mechanist (15 res 5 def growths to ensure having middling def/res) and just steamroll through 15 chapters like it's a hack n'slash where you start with legendary equipment...all that while giving you so many unpromoted ennemies, I had to see it by myself to believe it...it's really ridiculous. It's not like I had Rinkah levels of defence...5-10 less than that in fact...

Oh! and when people say Flora is garbage or can't fight or whatever, don't forget she takes single digit damage from CQ hard onmyojis in that same fort chapter around 20, AT BASE, with 29-30 HP (she can take 3 hits from them without dying, that's a 4HKO!), while also having mirror healing built in with the lv 5 servant skill. In any offensive class, she can play like she's some mage hunter and kill them with ease, as long as she can use a decent weapon (nearly 20 str as a hero isn't that bad against mages when you take so little damage,not even including pair up as any pegasus+spd tonic would make her reach 20 spd and 28-29 res as a hero! now that's more viable!). People talk big about Kaze but he is only faster than her, and he caps strength so low that he is hindered by that in the long run (at least he is in CQ where ennemies are promoted earlier and have actual stats+skills), or if he goes in a class with better str cap he looses S rank (maybe even A I didn't check, like DF has B shuriken).

Flora is slower than Shura and hits a little lower but she tanks hits better than him for sure and her str growth is way higher than his so she can at least hope for improvement if you need more strength later. As a mage killer she could still take a dreak scroll and keep her shuriken rank, res and speed while being much stronger than her base class allows her to be. She joins late but requires little investment to kill mages and heal, and even without healing in DF she does the job well without requiring much investment (it's not like everyone uses both dread scrolls anyway, you rarely use more than 1 scroll of each DLC class) on top of being in a much better looking class especially with her background, maid makes no sense for the heir of a dark magic tradition-oriented village, while dread fighters animation lets them vanish after attacking, which could be considered like spatial/illusions magic for role play, whereas healing people and throwing kitchen knives isn't very related to her village at all. Same goes for Felicia who's got the wrong reclass option on top of wrong base class (at least Flora CAN reclass to sorcerer for true RP).