Valentine's Special: Fodlan Ficverse

Dragoncat

This started with the idea of Dimitri's gift to Ingrid. Expanded it. Tagging @Quillmonger @Ottservia @Espurrhoodie @Sir Wolfram of Vallora, they seem like they'd be interested.

What the Fodlan people are doing for Valentines
Assumes a golden "all lords live" route is achieved.

Church of Seiros Sothis

Byleth: He's married to his work. He buys candy for himself and eats it right in front of the shopkeeper to avoid gossip.

Alois: Takes his wife to dinner like he does every year. They give their daughter a cupcake. Even though she's a full fledged knight now, she is still their little girl.

Eleanor(Alois' daughter): Rolls her eyes at the cupcake, but she knows she gets one every year.

Catherine: Doesn't care. Just another normal day to her.

Shamir: Same as Catherine.

Manuela: By some miracle, she managed to win over a rich merchant this year. They're likely getting to work on their first kid.

Hanneman: He's too old for this shit.

Cyril: Isn't courting anyone, but this year he mysteriously got candy. He's on a mission to find out who this admirer is.

Madoc(Gatekeeper): He's got his eye on a pretty minor noblewoman. This year he's finally gonna make a move! Wish him luck!

Former Church Dragons

Rhea: Forgot what day it is, like she does every year. She's lying low and not drawing attention to herself.

Seteth: Puts flowers on his wife's grave and hugs Flayn.

Flayn: Hugs Seteth back.

Adrestia Empire + Brigid

Edelgard: The Empress has no time for silly holidays.

Hubert: Neither does the Imperial Prince Consort. Well, actually, he has more time than Edelgard, but he spends it doing things that are none of your business.

Ferdinand: Does all the cooking for today and brings flowers. Candy will arrive at Garreg Mach for his daughters soon.

Mercedes: Enjoys the day of rest, and cuddles with Ferdinand.

Linhardt: Lays on the couch and eats cookies.

Lysithea: Bakes the cookies for Linhardt. Sneaks a cuddle once in awhile.

Petra: Still doesn't completely get the holiday, but appreciates the extra attention. Sent raspberry tarts to Garreg Mach for her son.

Caspar: Had some candy imported from the mainland to give Petra because Brigid just has berry tarts that aren't the same. Also imported some dried tuna bites for Stunk the cat.

Leicester Alliance + Almyra

Claude: He's pampering Hilda like he does every year. He has yet to tell her her favorite apple tarts are made from Almyran apples sent from his father. Not that she'd protest, but he likes her to think he just knows what the sweetest apples look like.

Hilda: Sitting back and getting pampered.

Lorenz: Flower bouquet and chocolates for Marianne. Simple, yet charming.

Marianne: Smiling at the flowers and chocolate. Letting her young daughter have some of the chocolate.

Ignatz: Every year he paints something. This year it was a painting of a basket of puppies. Also bought flowers.

Bernadetta: Every year she gets flowers, and every year she tries to come up with a story about what her husband painted. This year her story was about puppies that worked for Cupid and brought couples together.

Raphael: Takes Leonie out to the pub. Sends his daughter a meat and cheese tray.

Leonie: Orders all you can eat and drink at said pub.

Kingdom of Faerghus + Duscur

Dimitri: Got Ingrid a rotisserie chicken.

Ingrid: Loves the rotisserie chicken gift. Got Dimitri a wheel of gouda. Made a giant cinnamon roll for both of their kids.

Sylvain: Flowers, chocolates...and birth control herbs. Sends treats for his older two kids at Garreg Mach.

Dorothea: Sends the youngest three kids to a sitter so she can love up on Sylvain all night.

Ashe: Flowers and chocolates for Annette, dried tuna bites for Marshmallow the cat, treats for his daughter at Garreg Mach.

Annette: Drags Ashe and Gilbert out to the holiday event at a local restaurant. Kills it at karaoke.

Gilbert: Sits at the table at said event and eats his dinner quietly.

Dedue: Makes prayers to the Duscur Love God to thank him for his wife. Gives her flowers.

Felix: He doesn't care too much, but every year his wife buys him his favorite lunch, which is enough to warm his heart.

Edited by Dragoncat

14 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RtSU9styI4RghysDajgi7iSB8vgTR8i_m9_yfQCXfOo/edit

Here's mine of the church will post the other 4 houses afterward

You forgot to set that to share by link. Can't see it.

Here is something quick I wrote about Jeralt and Rhea, some spoilers for the new DLC (Cindered Shadows) 

Jeralt wished the fact that it was the Valentine Feast Day never crossed his mind again. It was a minor holiday and had even fallen out of favor with the church in the last century or so. Most of the kids at the monastery would have no idea what it was if someone mentioned it to them. He wished that it could be an average day and that he could just ignore it.

Yet, no matter how long he lived he would never forget that day, it held a different sort of importance for him. Every Valentines day he felt angry or on edge, it was definitely more of the latter now.

He followed close to Rhea through the dark passageways, his torch held high, but he also instinctively hung behind her just a hair. It felt peculiar to have ever trusted Rhea. After two decades outside of her sphere of influence, the world of the Church felt more sinister and different.

There was no way that he could have refused her offer, though.

“Feels like we’ve been walking for days,” Jeralt said as he paused raise his torch higher and catch a glimpse of the ceiling. Dark stone arches were half covered by the rock, or they were part of the rock; the left over fragments of some long forgotten culture that walked Fódlan before anyone was there to write about it or even pass it along. He wondered how much Rhea knew about the past, how far back did her story go?

“It’s not much longer now,” Rhea said.

Jeralt touched the hilt of his sword, just letting his hand glance over it to make sure it was still there. This had all the makings of a trap. Rhea had come to him and sent his men on a mission, but told him to stay behind. Then she had asked if he wanted to see her. At first he hadn’t been sure what she meant. He thought that she was talking about herself and that someone had told her that Jeralt was looking for her. Then she said one word.

Sitri.

Maybe he should have told Byleth more of the truth. If things went south here, he would probably only be able to slow Rhea down. He would have to high tail it back to the surface and get Byleth awake so that they could make a break for it, couldn’t leave the kid behind, but definitely couldn’t stay in this place himself.

There was a sound like falling water long before they reached the open air bridge that spanned a chasm. It was much longer than any bridge he had ever laid eyes on. There were glyphs etched into the surface. He didn’t recognize any of them.

“After she passed I couldn’t bare the thought of her down inside of the cold dirt like that,” Rhea said shaking her head before turning to face him. “Sitri was such a…unique soul that it felt like a betrayal to give her an average burial.”

Jeralt had never heard her speak this way about Sitri. He hadn’t even heard her utter the name since he had been back. He supposed that he was worse. Byleth knew nothing of Sitri other than that she had died giving birth. Even Jeralt didn’t know how true that story was.

A fresh, damp smell filled the air from the water cascading out of the wall on the opposite side of the bridge. It must have filtered down through the rocks from some higher up source like a lake or river. It was hard to tell where they were below the monastery with how deep under the ground they had gone and how far they had walked. The Oghma Mountains stretched for miles in every direction and it would have taken several life times to explore them all. It was very possible an unknown source of water was near Garreg Mach.

“I’m not sure what I’m going into here,” Jeralt said.

“All will become clear in a moment,” said Rhea.

”That’s what I’m afraid of,” Jeralt wasn’t sure if he said it out loud or thought it. Either way Rhea didn’t react.

They moved over the bridge and to a wide hallway where a collapse had blocked the way.

“Looks like the end of the line,” Jeralt said, his hand came to rest on the pommel of his sword. It was worn smooth in places with time, but he could tell which way the blade was facing just from how it felt.

“No, this way,” Rhea, without turning to look at him, headed for the wall near the cave in. There was some kind of cloth held in place by rocks. She moved them expertly, as if she knew just where they were and how they sat. She even placed them carefully in spots where she would easily be able to recover them.

“How come you don’t need a torch,? Jeralt asked. He had been thinking it all this time, but he had thought very much about Rhea and what she was. It seemed to be the least intrusive question he could have asked about her at this moment.

“My eyes do not work like yours is all,” Rhea said.

“Is that so?”

“It is,” Rhea said standing up to her full height and turning to face him. “This way. Mind the flame—we wouldn’t want there to be another fire.”

That was the first time that she let on that she knew, but Jeralt had suspected that Rhea knew more about his disappearance than she let on. They crawled through the space off to the side of the cave in and made their way back into the main hall on the other side through a hole with light pouring through it. The torch seemed woefully unnecessary now.

Stepping out into the wide open space was almost blinding, white light streamed down through high stained glass windows though they were deep under Fódlan. His vision was marred by the light, but it the room around them slowly came into focus.

Then he saw her.

She was wearing a simple white dress with off an off the shoulder neckline, not something he had seen her in before. Her hands were clasped on her chest and her dark green hair was brushed down around her shoulders. Her skin was white, whiter than it had been in life, but she didn’t look quiet as dead as someone should twenty years on. You could be forgiven for thinking she was sleeping, perhaps dreadfully pale from illness.

Though she was still as beautiful as the day he first laid eyes on her.

The torch slipped from Jeralt’s grasp. He shambled forward, pulled and tugged by the sight of his long dead wife.

“How is she…how does she still look?” He shook the words off. “What did you do to her?”

“Nothing. Sitri is a holy relic, the same as the Sword of the Creator or…or Chalice of Beginnings. They are not of the natural world and thus are not prone to its corruptible nature.”

“You said you created her.”

“I did. I poured all of my best into Sitri and perhaps that is why she was the way she was. No one could ever have loved me in the pure way you loved her—she is a part of me that couldn’t shine through anymore, the only way to give it life was to separate it.”

Rhea wasn’t making any sense, but it didn’t matter. He made his way up to the altar and touched Sitri’s skin, cold, but not deathly so. He held his hand to her cheek, savoring the feel of her skin. He swore he could almost smell her perfume, hear the sound of her laughter.

Behind him Rhea walked forward. “You brought something for her?”

Jeralt nodded and went into her pack to pull out a bundle of pink flowers, the kind he had been placing at her grave for the last several moons. He pressed them down into her hands locking her grasp around them so they stayed secure.

“Do you want to be left alone with her?” Asked Rhea, he could hear the jangle of her headdress from this close. She reached out and put a hand to his shoulder and despite all of the lies he had seen her tell over the years he could tell that in this moment she was concerned.

“No.” Jeralt sat moved out of her grasp and sat down, resting his back against the altar. The stone floor had seemingly been carpet once, but that had worn away long ago. “I’m an old ass man now, I just want to rest here for a bit,” he chuckled.

“That is understandable.”

“Do you want to talk about her?” He asked. “Today was her birthday, 1139, heh, she would have been forty one.”

Rhea knelt to dust off a spot on the stairs of the altar near Jeralt. . She sat down, her back against the altar down by Sitri’s feet and looked up the length of the stone table toward Jeralt. “I truly do miss her every day.”

“I do too.”

32 minutes ago, Quillmonger said:

Here is something quick I wrote about Jeralt and Rhea, some spoilers for the new DLC (Cindered Shadows) 

Oooooh I will be reading this once I finish the DLC, but Sitri and Jeralt are adorable. I saw the flashback art.

In the meantime, any thoughts on what I wrote up there?

Edited by Dragoncat

42 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

I linked it

You don't understand. When I click the link it does not let me access it.

Capture.png

Same thing with the PM you sent me. If you can't figure out google docs, please learn, because this is annoying. It just makes you look like you don't know what you're doing, and you can copy paste things in if you can't figure it out.

Edited by Dragoncat