The True Tragedy of Three Houses

omegaxis1

Just now, Axel987 said:

I'm -somewhat- more willing to put her in the former category if only because she healed the land from the Ailel-like state it was in after the Agarthans went ham with their Pillars of Light and given her powers over time.

However I'm hesitant to say that because the Pillars of Light are also hillariously inconsistent in terms of power. Apparently they caused Aillel yet they -merely- destroy part of Arianrhod and Merceus. Rhea in Dragon Mode was able to tank several of them. Is it just a matter of numbers or are the ones nowadays weaker?

Well, Aillel was a forest, not like buildings and such. Also, based on the new info, it seems like Aillel was only destroyed AFTER the War of Heroes, based on how the text indicates that it was written within the Aillel forest, so definitely impossible for Sothis to heal that, given that she's been dead. 

However, I would say that those pillars of light are NOT the same as the javelins of light, but are actually stronger than the javelins, as they were meant to help destroy Sothis herself, but failed miserably. 

But yeah, back then, Agartha was at its prime. Now, the Agarthans are just a shell of their former self.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Well, Aillel was a forest, not like buildings and such. Also, based on the new info, it seems like Aillel was only destroyed AFTER the War of Heroes, based on how the text indicates that it was written within the Aillel forest, so definitely impossible for Sothis to heal that, given that she's been dead. 

However, I would say that those pillars of light are NOT the same as the javelins of light, but are actually stronger than the javelins, as they were meant to help destroy Sothis herself, but failed miserably. 

But yeah, back then, Agartha was at its prime. Now, the Agarthans are just a shell of their former self.

I mean yeah but also, there's fucking lava everywhere lmao.

Hm. Is it ever stated that there's a forest near current Aillel at any point or can we fully believe that Aillel was blown up after? I didn't say that Sothis healed Aillel mind you, I just said she healed the world from the similar state that Aillel is in now.

7 minutes ago, Axel987 said:

I mean yeah but also, there's fucking lava everywhere lmao.

Hm. Is it ever stated that there's a forest near current Aillel at any point or can we fully believe that Aillel was blown up after? I didn't say that Sothis healed Aillel mind you, I just said she healed the world from the similar state that Aillel is in now.

Possibly. But Aillel being blown up after the War only makes me have issues with Rhea. 

Based on what we uncovered in the Abyss records and Aillel being blown up after the war, how does Rhea NOT know about the Agarthans? 

20 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Possibly. But Aillel being blown up after the War only makes me have issues with Rhea. 

Based on what we uncovered in the Abyss records and Aillel being blown up after the war, how does Rhea NOT know about the Agarthans? 

Hm.

I just reread the dialogue in Chapter 15 of Blue Lions/Golden Deer. It's directly stated that there was once a forest in Aillel and that "a pillar of light descended from the heavens and burnt it to ash."

Which seems to indicate this happened AFTER the War of Heroes indeed, given that it wasn't healed by Sothis. This also seems to be corraborated by Rhea's dialogue in CH21 of GD; where she states that a pillar of light fell onto the MONASTERY, which is only built well after the war of heroes mind you, and was deflected and landed in Aillel.

There's also a report in the Abyss records that implies that there's someone working behind the scenes behind all these strange occurences(TWSITD is only added in the ENG localisation) and said book has been getting updated until very recently, it mentions Claude's uncle's death for one; implying that someone VERY old is behind it, or that it's been getting added to over the years by a group. So, does she know they exist but can't track them?

Hm. The same report also states that Loog's army had weapons that very much so resembled the Hero's Relics, similar to weaponry like the Arrow of Indra or even an actual artificial relic like Edelgard's Aymr? If so it possibly gives Rhea another motive for wanting to prosyletize in new Faerghus territory.

Really the only reason I can think of for her not knowing was that they're basically impossible to track without being intimately familiar with how they do things and it's stated that Rhea was quite young when the massacre at Zanado happened.

Edited by Axel987

42 minutes ago, Crysta said:

No, but I see no reason for Dimitri to include children in the bunch if they indeed weren't children, and he is the most reliable narrator you have available (he's the only living witness, presumably). I don't think he revealed whether or not they were armed or hostile against him, but I doubt it really matters to him. That only matters to his defenders, apparently.

You're not a more reliable narrator than he is.

Doubt it. If the blow was that serious, you would have heard more about it afterward. Rodrigue literally put himself in the way and wasn't armored: he was a much softer target to begin with. Nevermind that even incapacitating him seems like a stretch to me - not even cutscene Edelgard managed to do that - but the story must go on, I guess.

Oh I know it happens. Doesn't mean it's good or a fair more degree sad than killing full grown men. Dimitri has the strength and capability of incapacitating, not killing, someone who is a far less significant threat than he is. My theory is that he's fully aware of that, hence why he feels incredibly guilty, and he probably should. There was a point in time where he didn't care.

You're fine with it because it's war, and can justify it so you can continue to defend and like him. I'd rather just accept he did the bad things he says he did and does genuinely need to atone for it. I hope you're fine with overlooking Edelgard's transgressions with "well it's war" or "it's necessary".

Or the boar persona is far more bloodthristy and cruel than the Dimitri stans are willing to credit it. He wasn't fine with just killing Randolph, he also wanted the guy to watch his subordinates be killed. He likes to inflict suffering because it makes him feel justified, it isn't just merely avenging the dead or hating himself. Not even gonna touch the fact that the voices aren't actually real and a product of his own subconscious lol.

There is a reason I am fine with Dimitri killing armed combatants, I am trying to remain consistant with my view of Edelgard. Yes, I am indeed fine with Edelgard's trangressions, or at the very least I don't judge her for it. I don't view killing the same in war as otherwise, not even if you start it. 

The view that it is never justified to start a war I think is extremly naive and foolish. Things aren't always that simple. If a war leads to a better society and greater prosperity and freedom in the long run, it can be the right thing to do. People today take their take their freedom for granted, not appriciating the sacrifices people like Edelgard did to give them the rights they have today. 

That is my true opinion on the matter.

5 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

The view that it is never justified to start a war I think is extremly naive and foolish. Things aren't always that simple. If a war leads to a better society and greater prosperity and freedom in the long run, it can be the right thing to do. People today take their take their freedom for granted, not appriciating the sacrifices people like Edelgard did to give them the rights they have today.

NY7KB6T.gif

It's easier being a Claude stan because the biggest and most frequent complaint is that he isn't dastardly enough.

But the other two get the character arcs. That necessitates bigger character flaws, and bigger pay-offs in the end.

1 minute ago, Axel987 said:

Hm.

I just reread the dialogue in Chapter 15 of Blue Lions/Golden Deer. It's directly stated that there was once a forest in Aillel and that "a pillar of light descended from the heavens and burnt it to ash."

Which seems to indicate this happened AFTER the War of Heroes indeed, given that it wasn't healed by Sothis. This also seems to be corraborated by Rhea's dialogue in CH21 of GD; where she states that a pillar of light fell onto the MONASTERY, which is only built well after the war of heroes mind you, and was deflected and landed in Aillel.

There's also a report in the Abyss records that implies that there's someone working behind the scenes behind all these strange occurences(TWSITD is only added in the ENG localisation) and said book has been getting updated until very recently, it mentions Claude's uncle's death for one; implying that someone VERY old is behind it, or that it's been getting added to over the years by a group. So, does she know they exist but can't track them?

Hm. The same report also states that Loog's army had weapons that very much so resembled the Hero's Relics, similar to weaponry like the Arrow of Indra or even an actual artificial relic like Edelgard's Aymr? If so it possibly gives Rhea another motive for wanting to prosyletize in new Faerghus territory.

Really the only reason I can think of for her not knowing was that they're basically impossible to track without being intimately familiar with how they do things and it's stated that Rhea was quite young when the massacre at Zanado happened.

I honestly think that Rhea only acts like she only just learned about the Agarthans now, but if she's always known, then she's really been horrible at dealing with the problems they've caused.

Also, unlikely that they are actually like Aymr and Indra's Arrow. It goes along with how Balthus indicates that his Relic is not a true Relic, as it was "created" by his house in the past, but this is cause he doesn't know how the other Relics are also the same, in that they are not gifts of the goddess. 

23 minutes ago, Crysta said:

NY7KB6T.gif

It's easier being a Claude stan because the biggest and most frequent complaint is that he isn't dastardly enough.

But the other two get the character arcs. That necessitates bigger character flaws, and bigger pay-offs in the end.

I mean, Edelgard does have a far more altruistic motive than Farquad (he is willing to sacrifice others to save one princess only so he can become king). Isn't making decisions for your subject based on what is best for them essentially your job as a monarch? I also wouldn't do nothing if I discovered the continent is secretly run by dragons.

But Claude is another leader I could actually accept winning the war as he does accomplish almost the same things as Edelgard. But would he have been able to do so without Edelgard stirring things up and presenting him with the opportunity? 

Not neccesarily saying Edelgard is always right as much as saying her viewpoint shouldn't be dismissed. I don't think it is clear if she was right or not, but she could have been.

1 hour ago, Crysta said:

Not even gonna touch the fact that the voices aren't actually real and a product of his own subconscious lol.

That's mental illness for you. I'm getting really personal here, but we know that the voices are not real, but the big problem is that they can feel and seem very real. It sucks, and you can feel trapped by them.

I've heard that Dimitri's PTSD was done very realistically ? Not saying that they all resort to actions like murder, just that well, it's not pretty. They can feel emotionally numb, detached and distant from other people, and have angry outbursts and aggressive behaviour. That sounds like what Dimitri goes through.

Just standing up for the whole "voices in the head", thing and his mental illness. 

6 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

It's to represent how closed off Fodlan is. The more closed off you are, the less you truly know and understand the culture of the other continents. How much do we understand of the people of Duscur, Briggid, Dagda, and Almyra? Very little, in fact. 

The more things remained as is, the less things would work out.

For one thing, if Claude was really open about his heritage, do you think ANYONE would allow him to be the heir of House Riegan? Would people accept him despite being half-Almyran? No. 

Claude is the ONLY foreigner that has a position of power. 

People think that Cyril and Shamir are proof that the Church and Fodlan aren't racists, or that there are some foods from other places, but that's now how it actually works. Cyril is a servant boy (actually stated to be Rhea's servant in the JP version) and Shamir is a mercenary that's indebted to the Church for taking her in. But she's overall working for the Church. Unless there's an actual exchange of cultures, actual effort in closing the gaps, and allowing more equal rights, that's how you prevent racism. Thing about Ingrid is that she's racist even in her Dedue supports at the end. All she does is simply make Dedue not be like the other Duscur people. That's singling that one guy out of the group. 

This would all make sense...if they didn't half ass things. Because Nader is an actual character present in the game that could give us information and perspective and has every reason to be playable, but just isn't.

5 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I know, but it is largely irrelevant to this discussion, the context during the mediaeval era was different from what it was today, at that time, the Islamic nations were quite advanced due to the rediscovery of philosophy from ancient greece, it is just that it is this culture from this specific time period that Almyra really reminds me of. I was hoping people could stay civil as they have done such a good job of that so far

I think the number one most memorable thing with Almyra in the game is a ridiculous overuse of wyverns. It is actually quite silly how many wyvern riders they have been their armies. That would be an incredibly difficult army to face in real life, I suspect that either Almyra has a ridiculous number of wyverns on that continent, or they holds special significance in that culture. Even Claude's unique classes are wyvern based to represent his heritage. 

Now that I think about it the whole Wyvern thing makes the fact that Almayra is supposedly being held off by a fortress in a mountain a little strange.

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I honestly think that Rhea only acts like she only just learned about the Agarthans now, but if she's always known, then she's really been horrible at dealing with the problems they've caused.

Also, unlikely that they are actually like Aymr and Indra's Arrow. It goes along with how Balthus indicates that his Relic is not a true Relic, as it was "created" by his house in the past, but this is cause he doesn't know how the other Relics are also the same, in that they are not gifts of the goddess. 

I mean Aymr very much so seems like it was made from the same material; read Dragon Bones, as the other relics, which is what I assumed they meant by "like Hero's Relics" It's just that by the time they made Aymr, they were much more experienced with the material and were able to make it function with other crest stones.

Personally I think she only knew there was some force acting from the shadows and couldn't track or figure them out, so was largely left trying to deal with the collateral of their actions. Of course she doesn't do a great job of this because, y'know, the game's events occur.

Edited by Axel987

33 minutes ago, Crysta said:

NY7KB6T.gif

I think the problem with Claude is that there's nothing really personally investing toward him. His story is overall just exposition of finding the true story of things, despite how his goal is to destroy the border. Ultimately, he just coasts his way through. His role in the story is the same as how he is overall: an outsider.

All he did is capitalize on Edelgard's war for his own sake. He has little more grey, yes, but he has little role in the grand scheme of things as well. 

8 minutes ago, Eurydice said:

That's mental illness for you. I'm getting really personal here, but we know that the voices are not real, but the big problem is that they can feel and seem very real. It sucks, and you can feel trapped by them.

I've heard that Dimitri's PTSD was done very realistically ? Not saying that they all resort to actions like murder, just that well, it's not pretty. They can feel emotionally numb, detached and distant from other people, and have angry outbursts and aggressive behaviour. That sounds like what Dimitri goes through.

Just standing up for the whole "voices in the head", thing and his mental illness. 

I am not a fan of his redemption and how he recovers. However, Part 1 Dimitri handles him almost perfectly and really does show exactly as you describe. 

The trauma also made him develop a tasting disorder and insomnia. It's why his favorite tea is chamomile, which is a tea meant for people with sleeping problems. Add how he's been hearing the voices, telling him to get revenge, it does make sense as to why he does what he does. It's his reality that he feels he cannot escape from.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

This would all make sense...if they didn't half ass things. Because Nader is an actual character present in the game that could give us information and perspective and has every reason to be playable, but just isn't.

Yeah. That one chapter he shows up to help, and bam, gone immediately after. What could have been a way to help push his own beliefs and personal agenda got immediately pushed aside by the plot of needing to get the truth of the story.

It's why I continue to believe that Verdant Wind is just a copy of Silver Snow.

Farquad is a villain in a clear satire. It's a meme, though the monarch making decisions for the commoners beneath him over what he thinks is best for him is definitely a thing that can be applied to feudalism in general (and why it's bad).

Can't make a determination on whether or not Claude would succeed in his goals without a widespread war since he's never really given the opportunity to try. I suspect it was a very long term goal. And arguably harder than just destroying religious and class barriers and letting the cards fall where they may.

7 minutes ago, Eurydice said:

I've heard the opposite, actually, but I'm not sure how well I should trust a video game to accurately depict mental illness.

1 minute ago, Crysta said:

I've heard the opposite, actually, but I'm not sure how well I should trust a video game to accurately depict mental illness.

Oh, you would be SURPRISED by how people VERY much feel that things were handled exceptionally well.

Someone even made a huge reddit thread about how Edelgard's PTSD was completely nailed at the head, and how Edelgard's character makes perfect sense for how realistic she acts.

12 minutes ago, Eurydice said:

I've heard very conflicting opinions on his depictions of mental illness from people with actual forays into psychology and metal health. Personally I've found the arguments for it being handled rather well more compelling but that might be a more inherent bias speaking. I find that the game handles mental health surprisingly best among the themes it tries to deal with tbh.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, you would be SURPRISED by how people VERY much feel that things were handled exceptionally well.

Someone even made a huge reddit thread about how Edelgard's PTSD was completely nailed at the head, and how Edelgard's character makes perfect sense for how realistic she acts.

I think you overestimate how surprised I'd be.

There are conflicting opinions, and unless I'm in a position of authority or expertise on such a subject (I'm not), I'm still skeptical that it's consistently done well just by the nature of it being fiction and there needing a story to be told and plot beats to hit.

2 hours ago, Axel987 said:

I'm -somewhat- more willing to put her in the former category if only because she healed the land from the Ailel-like state it was in after the Agarthans went ham with their Pillars of Light and given her powers over time.

However I'm hesitant to say that because the Pillars of Light are also hillariously inconsistent in terms of power. Apparently they caused Aillel yet they -merely- destroy part of Arianrhod and Merceus. Rhea in Dragon Mode was able to tank several of them. Is it just a matter of numbers or are the ones nowadays weaker?

I honestly just wish the Pillars of Light weren't an element of the story. They cause far more headaches than actual necessary contribution to the plot. Really, remove them and what changes? Hubert goes from vague way of tracking Agarthans A to vague way of tracking Agarthans B and Rhea requires some other explanation for her bullshit SS boss fight (which is already inconsistent as it doesn't happen in Verdant Wind, refer to said headaches). The Agarthans having nukes just doesn't contribute anything meaningful to the story and makes other plot elements more confusing.

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

There is a reason I am fine with Dimitri killing armed combatants, I am trying to remain consistant with my view of Edelgard. Yes, I am indeed fine with Edelgard's trangressions, or at the very least I don't judge her for it. I don't view killing the same in war as otherwise, not even if you start it. 

That is my true opinion on the matter.

Prosperity and freedom forcefully imposed by violating the sovereignty of other people. Edelgard could have done her whole splitting from the church thing Henry VIII style and just kept her own lands. There was no need to launch a completely unprovoked attack on the Monastery. "But Rhea would have attacked her if she split from the church!" Maybe, we'll never know, she would have had the moral high ground in that situation though and the Alliance and (to a lesser extent) Kingdom would probably have been less likely to join in if their sovereignty wasn't under threat. Building a better future is a nice idea and all, but it shouldn't come at the violation of other people's freedom to govern themselves. Otherwise we could justify anything. Don't like communism? Well we're absolutely justified in glassing China and finally bringing them freedom and democracy. Islam causes terrorism? Drop a bomb on Mecca and subdue every country in the Middle East. Saying I'm starting this war to make a better future is a poor defense imo because everyone is certain they're way is the best way. Ashnard thought he was building a better future (and his system likely would have been pretty similar to Edelgard's). Alvis thought he was building a better future (though he didn't actually invade anywhere, he just killed one guy/army {actually now that I think if it he invaded two countries during the time skip}). Hell even Zephiel was of the firm opinion that complete and utter human genocide would lead to a better future.

Edited by Jotari

25 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Edelgard does show alot of signs of it, she has constant nightmares about her ordeals and I do believe her being emotionally closed off and having trust issues is also because of what happened to her. Not to mention her fear of rats being a direct result of this personal trauma as well (I swear, the game plague's tale would be Edelgard's worst nightmare, almost enough to give me a phobia for rats).

But given just how horrible her ordeal was, she is remarkably stable most of the time. Even if her PTSD does sometimes influence her actions. However bad what Dimitri went through was, things were worse for Edelgard. I don't understand how anyone can function at all after that.

3 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Edelgard does show alot of signs of it, she has constant nightmares about her ordeals and I do believe her being emotionally closed off and having trust issues is also because of what happened to her. Not to mention her fear of rats being a direct result of this personal trauma as well (I swear, the game plague's tale would be Edelgard's worst nightmare, almost enough to give me a phobia for rats).

But given just how horrible her ordeal was, she is remarkably stable most of the time. Even if her PTSD does sometimes influence her actions. However bad what Dimitri went through was, things were worse for Edelgard. I don't understand how anyone can function at all after that.

I don't think "things were worse for her" is a particularly good thing to say since they went through very different things and their issues manifest in different ways. Trauma olympics isn't a good thing.

That being said I found a funny post on twitter saying that going into Abyss must be like lowkey a trigger for her given what she went through lol.

27 minutes ago, Axel987 said:

I don't think "things were worse for her" is a particularly good thing to say since they went through very different things and their issues manifest in different ways. Trauma olympics isn't a good thing.

That being said I found a funny post on twitter saying that going into Abyss must be like lowkey a trigger for her given what she went through lol.

Agreed. Trauma honestly should never be compared. It gets annoying when people feel the need to think that one person suffered so much more. I've seen people argue that Dimitri suffered more than Edelgard, when the only thing that's different about them is their coping methods. 

1 hour ago, Axel987 said:

Sometimes I wonder if their trauma could be used as a way for Edelgard and Dimitri to bond if they took their turns explaining their experiences. They should be able to relate to eachother to some degree

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I honestly just wish the Pillars of Light weren't an element of the story. They cause far more headaches than actual necessary contribution to the plot. Really, remove them and what changes? Hubert goes from vague way of tracking Agarthans A to vague way of tracking Agarthans B and Rhea requires some other explanation for her bullshit SS boss fight (which is already inconsistent as it doesn't happen in Verdant Wind, refer to said headaches). The Agarthans having nukes just doesn't contribute anything meaningful to the story and makes other plot elements more confusing.

Prosperity and freedom forcefully imposed by violating the sovereignty of other people. Edelgard could have done her whole splitting from the church thing Henry VIII style and just kept her own lands. There was no need to launch a completely unprovoked attack on the Monastery. "But Rhea would have attacked her if she split from the church!" Maybe, we'll never know, she would have had the moral high ground in that situation though and the Alliance and (to a lesser extent) Kingdom would probably have been less likely to join in if their sovereignty wasn't under threat. Building a better future is a nice idea and all, but it shouldn't come at the violation of other people's freedom to govern themselves. Otherwise we could justify anything. Don't like communism? Well we're absolutely justified in glassing China and finally bringing them freedom and democracy. Islam causes terrorism? Drop a bomb on Mecca and subdue every country in the Middle East. Saying I'm starting this war to make a better future is a poor defense imo because everyone is certain they're way is the best way. Ashnard thought he was building a better future (and his system likely would have been pretty similar to Edelgard's). Alvis thought he was building a better future (though he didn't actually invade anywhere, he just killed one guy/army {actually now that I think if it he invaded two countries during the time skip}). Hell even Zephiel was of the firm opinion that complete and utter human genocide would lead to a better future.

I am not so sure soverignity deserves to be respected if it leads to the oppression. Women are considered second class citizens in many islamic countries, gay people and people who deconvert from the religion are killed, there was even a case a girl being stoned to death for being raped. Not to mention the abuses of the North Korean goverment. This to me is unacceptable. If we have the power to change these systems, then we are culpable for letting these abuses against human rights continue. Many people will continue to suffer if we do nothing. This is not violating the rights of people, we would free them from the violations done against them by their own goverments

In my view it is more important that our leaders are capable and good than what nation we belong to is. To conquer in order to liberate is the Edelgard way.

I relate to Edelgard in many ways, one of them is a flaw we both share. We both have a tendency to shoulder responsibility for the entire world, even if we should not be expected to fix everything wrong with the world just by ourselves. It is a hopeless task that leads to despair over the futility of it all. Yet I can't help to admire her for trying. Something I will never have the power to do

Sorry for the politics, but it is hard to avoid when Edelgard is such a political character.

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Sometimes I wonder if their trauma could be used as a way for Edelgard and Dimitri to bond if they took their turns explaining their experiences. They should be able to relate to eachother to some degree

Possibly! Unfortunately there's not really enough fan-content of the two bc the fanbase is constantly at odds about them haha. The fact that it doesn't happen is also the inherent tragedy, since in either path it ends in one sibling killing the other because of their dickhead uncle.

1 hour ago, Axel987 said:

Possibly! Unfortunately there's not really enough fan-content of the two bc the fanbase is constantly at odds about them haha. The fact that it doesn't happen is also the inherent tragedy, since in either path it ends in one sibling killing the other because of their dickhead uncle.

Despite them being step siblings, the game do seem to imply that they did used to have a romantic connection, I would like to see more fan content about the two. While my number one ship with Edelgard is with Byleth, I think Edelgard reconciling with Dimitri would have been really sweet. There is one alternative way I could think of Azure Moon ending. What if Edelgard actually accepted the offer of mercy and Dimitri and Edelgard rekindled the relationship that used to be, everything ending with a marriage between the two uniting the kingdom and the Empire as one. Which could lead to both of them getting what they want (or at least find an acceptable compromise). 

You know, I am a somewhat skilled amateur writer, I had considered writing a fanfiction about Edelgard's shadow war with those of slither in the dark, just needed to make sure my knowledge about the events of the game is near flawless first, so I need to experience literally everything the game has to offer. Might also consider writing about some alternate timelines about how things could have gone if things went down a bit differently. 

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I am not so sure soverignity deserves to be respected if it leads to the oppression. Women are considered second class citizens in many islamic countries, gay people and people who deconvert from the religion are killed, there was even a case a girl being stoned to death for being raped. Not to mention the abuses of the North Korean goverment. This to me is unacceptable. If we have the power to change these systems, then we are culpable for letting these abuses against human rights continue. Many people will continue to suffer if we do nothing. This is not violating the rights of people, we would free them from the violations done against them by their own goverments

In my view it is more important that our leaders are capable and good than what nation we belong to is. To conquer in order to liberate is the Edelgard way.

I relate to Edelgard in many ways, one of them is a flaw we both share. We both have a tendency to shoulder responsibility for the entire world, even if we should not be expected to fix everything wrong with the world just by ourselves. It is a hopeless task that leads to despair over the futility of it all. Yet I can't help to admire her for trying. Something I will never have the power to do

Sorry for the politics, but it is hard to avoid when Edelgard is such a political character.

yeah but the problem with that type of thinking is once you think about it why not just be God of the world it leads to just pure dictatorship you think you know best for everyone else so they should live the way that you say they should hell her system is all about merit improving themselves to the emperor so they can end up inside of a good position The weak die and the strong live That's the type of world edelgard wants to live in Dimitri creates the world that's closest to a democracy and even then it still sounds horrible if it wasn't for the fact that every ending stated that they all achieved peace then no one will actually believe half of these endings achieved anything The games just sugarcoating it for usClaude is the closest one that gives us any type of society that shows natural progress honestly of course people wouldn't accept him becoming the ruler and he'll leave it to the main character they have influence in the church it's easier for people to trust them and in him after the war is over Claude goes back to his own country and creates diplomatic ties it's a long process but it sounds a lot better than suddenly I won the war in the other side loves me now even though I kill every a bunch of people over there and told them that I'm their new ruler after they're killing their king or queen doesn't work that way

There really isn't anything suggesting Dimitri forms a democracy. He seems more inclined towards simple reformation and incrementalism.

That said, in another game I played there was a choice between "uproot obviously evil and corrupt system but hurt a lot of innocent people in the short-term" versus "let the system continue because you don't want to hurt/potentially kill a lot of innocent people in the process" and it was legitimately one of the few decisions I needed to have a long think about. I feel Three Houses is a more bombastic, black-and-white fantasy-wrapped version of that.

Edited by Crysta