Forging Bonds: Study in Crimson (Feb 17th - Mar 2nd)

Diovani Bressan

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's a bad carryover of her Kent support, sadly.

Yeah, I noticed. I think this is why I don't like their pairing. They're a lot alike, but...TOO much alike, I guess that it makes them boring. ...But then in that case, it's odd that I really like Fiora, but find Kent boring. I can't really say why this is the case now. I guess this kind of personality for me is just much more appealing on a female? I dunno really. Though it also helps Fiora that she's really pretty and rides a Pegasus. I like horses a lot too, which Kent has one, but I like Pegasi a bit more.

I thought the next conversation between Fiora and Fjorm was amusing though. I was getting images of an outright disaster if Fiora recruits Frederick to help her. XD

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I thought the next conversation between Fiora and Fjorm was amusing though. I was getting images of an outright disaster if Fiora recruits Frederick to help her. XD

"YOU THOUGHT A NAKED ALFONSE WAS APPROPRIATE POSTER MATERIAL?!"

Just now, eclipse said:

LMAO. XD Poor poor Alfonse.

Alfonse: 😨

Chrom: He did this to me too, Alfonse. I know how you feel. *pat pat*

At first I was a bit disappointed that Rath didn't interact with any of the Sacaeans.

Then I grew to appreciate that his conversation with Alfonse was at least insightful. And well written out.

Still would've liked to see more than just Alfonse, but ... I mean ... at least it wasn't like Fiora's. Does someone at IS hate her?

My impression of this FB.

Overall story- The idea of trying to investigate Anna was nice, referencing oddities about her from across the franchise.

Nils- Overall good though I don't like the obvious EliwoodxNinian bias. Really hate it when the writers insert what they what in something that was originally left up to player interpretation.

Matthew- Excellent as expected.

Rath- Overall not bad. Kind of expected. The guys overly stoic nature makes it hard to write much about him.

Fiora- By far the worst despite some occasional funny bits. Turning Fiora's one-off conversation with Kent in to her main gimmick sucked. Also hated bringing in Nina. Characters like her are the worst to me.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I was getting images of an outright disaster if Fiora recruits Frederick to help her. XD

Honestly, I think they should have paired her with Frederick, if they were really so set on recreating the Kent supports. It at least would have been funny.

23 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Fiora- By far the worst despite some occasional funny bits. Turning Fiora's one-off conversation with Kent in to her main gimmick sucked. Also hated bringing in Nina. Characters like her are the worst to me.

I agree, Nina is one of the only characters in the franchise I actively dislike.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

GO AWAY YOU FIFTHY LOCALIZATION LOVER!

...I don't think the Japanese line for that was anywhere near as scandalous IIRC. Which means it couldn't be referenced in the future.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

At first I was a bit disappointed that Rath didn't interact with any of the Sacaeans.

Including, though it could easily be cliche, his future daughter. But maybe they didn't feel like canonizing how Rath met a heroic death again Bern and the Djute yet. Was it the lances of the settled foe? Or was it the arrows of the wandering traitors? Or did he just unheroically trip and drown in a stream eight and half years prior on a random Thursday?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Including, though it could easily be cliche, his future daughter. But maybe they didn't feel like canonizing how Rath met a heroic death again Bern and the Djute yet. Was it the lances of the settled foe? Or was it the arrows of the wandering traitors? Or did he just unheroically trip and drown in a stream eight and half years prior on a random Thursday?

Yeah, they don't do that yet they did have:

Spoiler

Roy talk to Nils, his potential uncle, at the end of the latter's support line. That, and they more or less treated Eliwood x Ninian as canon but yet also didn't have enough balls to have an Eliwood and Ninian duo hero on this banner instead of the redundant in more ways than one Fiora.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Honestly, I think they should have paired her with Frederick, if they were really so set on recreating the Kent supports. It at least would have been funny.

I agree, Nina is one of the only characters in the franchise I actively dislike.

Agreed. To me, Nina basically reminds me of some of the worst experiences I've had with anime fanbasea. Seriously, people like her tend to act pretty nasty towards others.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, whatever happened to him between FE6 and FE7 I think it's safe to say that not only was he not part of Sue's life during FE6 proper, but it feels like he may have been in it for very little.

Unlike Fir, who talks a lot about Karla and how she was an amazing swordsman and how much she wants to be like her mother, Sue never mentions neither mother nor father. She never mentions whether they were great warriors or how she misses them when they were gone and Dayan has become her life now. So I suspect Rath and his wife died very early in Sue's life, long before anything in FE6 had transpired.

I suppose that could be an explanation for why Rath and Sue had no interactions, if that is the true implication. However, that should give Sue EVEN MORE OF A REASON to want to talk to him.

EDIT: I also agree that I don't like Nina and her creepy yaoi fangirl-ness because she's fetishizing people who are real to HER. Please go and stay go.

Edited by Sunwoo

You know, I'm actually beginning to wonder if they're perhaps content with the current FB cast of the Askr Trio plus Fjorm.

I thought they might start including Eir now that Book 3 was done, but she's still not showing up. Maybe they just don't care to use the Book 3 cast.

Eh, I don't think Rath has to necessarily be dead to not be in Sue's life in FE6. He (and his wife) could have just...left for another "prophesied" reason, or something. There's a plethora of possibilities that don't involve death.

And seriously they should just make Eliwood x Ninian canon at this point sheesh.

50 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I don't ship Ninian x Eliwood that hard, but ngl Ninian's reaction of "I WILL get laid even if it kills me" is kinda funny , also if this is an excuse to later give us a dragon Roy alt I'm in

Me: 😮"Places Valentine's Lyn in between Eliwood and Ninian* There! Problem solved. 🤗

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I don't ship Ninian x Eliwood that hard, but ngl Ninian's reaction of "I WILL get laid even if it kills me" is kinda funny , also if this is an excuse to later give us a dragon Roy alt I'm in

Simple solution: Eliwood x Fiora.  Especially after the crazy Fiora we got in FEH.

8 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Maybe I'm over-thinking, but I wonder if from the recent chain of Forging Bonds stories with Anna is leading up to something.

We already missed a chance for an Annaversary.

Calling it now: A banner with nothing but Anna.  Much to Commander Anna's chagrin.

I appreciated the reference to Jake in the FB story. A little disappointing Commander Anna has no Jake in her world. I wonder if Jake will show up in Heroes at some point. And if so what iteration because he's actually from a couple of different FE's, just not as many as Anna.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Calling it now: A banner with nothing but Anna.  Much to Commander Anna's chagrin.

I would absolutely love to see that if only because the forging bonds conversations would be absolutely hilarious!

Those who aren't liking the Eliwood x Ninian stuff implied, just remember that there are tons of different worlds and realities, especially shown by how many copies of different units we can summon. lol We're just seeing a Ninian from an Elibe that got with Eliwood or just wants to get with him. There are other Elibes where he chose Fiora or Lyn instead. lol

This is how I deal with being an Ike x Elincia fan and all, so...

Edited by Anacybele