Forging Bonds: Study in Crimson (Feb 17th - Mar 2nd)

Diovani Bressan

20 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It'd be a bit out of the norm and I have no clue how things like color balance would work, or if there are even enough playable Annas, but it'd be an interesting thing to do! Gotta make use of all the Annas somehow.

• Anna of Awakening was Trickster, which can mean Staff for Colorless. Or, since Trickster is a promotion of Thief, they could chop the sword down to Dagger size, and then any Color is her oyster.
  • Anna of Fates and FEW is an Outlaw, so Bows. Bows like Daggers are Color-fluid.
  • Anna of Three Houses has boons in Swords, Axes, Bows, Faith, all references to these prior selves and FEHAnna. But, she has a Budding Talent in Riding too, so they'd probably want to throw her on a stallion. 
  • Anna four... what to do? Uhh... didn't Anna appear in one of the Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn tutorials she hosted as a Pegasus Knight? Great! You'll get scabies if you don't have your biweekly dose of Lance Flier!

And Apotheosis Anna for ze Grand Anna Battle!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Those who aren't liking the Eliwood x Ninian stuff implied, just remember that there are tons of different worlds and realities, especially shown by how many copies of different units we can summon. lol We're just seeing a Ninian from an Elibe that got with Eliwood or just wants to get with him. There are other Elibes where he chose Fiora or Lyn instead. lol

This is how I deal with being an Ike x Elincia fan and all, so...

That's. . .quite the way of looking at things.  My headcanon is that Eliwood went the Random Maiden route~!

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Anna of Awakening was Trickster, which can mean Staff for Colorless. Or, since Trickster is a promotion of Thief, they could chop the sword down to Dagger size, and then any Color is her oyster.
  • Anna of Fates and FEW is an Outlaw, so Bows. Bows like Daggers are Color-fluid.
  • Anna of Three Houses has boons in Swords, Axes, Bows, Faith, all references to these prior selves and FEHAnna. But, she has a Budding Talent in Riding too, so they'd probably want to throw her on a stallion. 
  • Anna four... what to do? Uhh... didn't Anna appear in one of the Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn tutorials she hosted as a Pegasus Knight? Great! You'll get scabies if you don't have your biweekly dose of Lance Flier!

Last one would be an alt of Heroes Anna, who wields magic.  After all, there needs to be an Anna that sets things on fire~!

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Last one would be an alt of Heroes Anna, who wields magic.  After all, there needs to be an Anna that sets things on fire~!

Hey eclipse just because Heroes Anna wields an axe does not make her a halberd

Anyway, I actually finished maxing out everyone's points not long ago but I think I'll continue to play this mode because second to TT it's a good source of HM.

I do think it was interesting how much they were treading on Eliwood/Ninian being all but canon from Nils' conversation with Nina and Roy being there too. Unless I'm mistaken, I think it's the closest Heroes has come to expressing its own biases on any non-canon pairing?

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's. . .quite the way of looking at things.  My headcanon is that Eliwood went the Random Maiden route~!

It's a perfectly valid way of looking at things. Heroes shows there are different variations of the same worlds and Awakening had the Outrealm Gates thing. And even if it wasn't canon, well, it's all I got to help me believe Ike x Elincia happened somewhere despite that it wasn't an ending option in RD. 😛

So a few things. For one, this is probably one of my favorite Forging Bonds events for quite some time since the focus is about Anna and I can't help but see the overall event as a reference to Sherlock Holmes' 'A Study With Scarlet' story. Leila, Nils and Rath all had good support conversations as well (sadly can't say the same for Fiora though). I liked the accessories this time around too.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Calling it now: A banner with nothing but Anna.  Much to Commander Anna's chagrin.

Yes and no please. Yes, because it would mean there will be enough of her to complete my dream of having an Anna Emblem team in Heroes. Just have the banner replace the Picnic Seasonal assuming Fallen Heroes isn't filling that spot this year.

As for no, the only reason I wouldn't want an all Anna banner is because I would not have enough orbs to +10 all of them without putting a dent in my bank account.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fourth unit could be Archanean Anna supporting an axe wielding Jake as a Duo unit. I agree with the rest with Awakening Anna using a dagger, Fates Anna using a bow and Three Houses Anna as a cavalry dagger unit. Though if we ever get Apotheosis Anna I would prefer her to be a Legendary/Mythic Hero so she can be just as busted as when you fought her in Awakening (along with that juicy 185 BST assuming she was a lance armor).

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It's a perfectly valid way of looking at things. Heroes shows there are different variations of the same worlds and Awakening had the Outrealm Gates thing. And even if it wasn't canon, well, it's all I got to help me believe Ike x Elincia happened somewhere despite that it wasn't an ending option in RD. 😛

I mean, they were open about the alternate continuities. Most Fates units sounds like they were from Revelation ending, but Fallen Takumi certainly is from Conquest path and Brave Camilla is  implied that she came from Birthright ending . Other than variations of same character from different times, they are also taken from  parallel worlds resulted from different options, that whatever the characters do, you can summon Heroes from different parallel worlds to Askr anyway. So if they made a version of Eliwood who did marry Ninian, doesn't mean the other copies of Eliwood you summon also marry her, so yeah. That being said, it means they can get away with a dragon roy alt about the canon-ness of it. 

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Heroes shows there are different variations of the same worlds and Awakening had the Outrealm Gates thing. And even if it wasn't canon, well, it's all I got to help me believe Ike x Elincia happened somewhere despite that it wasn't an ending option in RD.

That's ok. We can believe in whatever we want.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This would be a great banner.

I would like a Anna based on Warriors Anna (my favorite Anna's design of all).

Spoiler

p9VGYz8.png

I just ask for Fates Anna's art in Heroes to have 6 fingers.

Spoiler

jpBrjJC.png

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean, they were open about the alternate continuities. Most Fates units sounds like they were from Revelation ending, but Fallen Takumi certainly is from Conquest path and Brave Camilla is  implied that she came from Birthright ending . Other than variations of same character from different times, they are also taken from  parallel worlds resulted from different options, that whatever the characters do, you can summon Heroes from different parallel worlds to Askr anyway. So if they made a version of Eliwood who did marry Ninian, doesn't mean the other copies of Eliwood you summon also marry her, so yeah. That being said, it means they can get away with a dragon roy alt about the canon-ness of it. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Uh, yeah... That's pretty much what I said...

Edited by Anacybele

When I saw the first couple lines of the 3rd full party support, I was getting this crazy idea that the Annas were placed into each world as a means of profiting off of the wars.

A 4th wall breaking FE game where all of the conflicts were started as some God Anna's means of making money. Apotheosis was a glimpse of her power.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Was this really necessary?

---

The end of the story makes an amusing explanation, at least.

Spoiler

But who's behind the organization of recruiting the various Annas?

On 2/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Also hated bringing in Nina a talking barrel.

Fixed that for ya. 😄

I chuckled at the overall story, and that was the extent of my feels. 

(No, I WILL NOT acknowledge that Matthew x Leila romance trope gave me more feels. I JUST WILL NOT.)

Edit: Decided to throw in spoiler tags.

End of the overall event story:

Spoiler

Ahh, okay, so I thought the Annas were literally sisters, but I guess not?

End of Leila's story:

Spoiler

The end of Leila's story was agonizing. Matthew, just tell her!! It was still sweet, though. Ah, poor Matthew...

More on the end of the event story:

Spoiler

Also, I'm all excited. I really hope Heroes really does introduce an Askran/Emblian/Niflian/Muspellian/whateverian Jake! Maybe something along the lines of my fan support between Anna and a Jake will come true... Think he'll be a focus NPC sometime, maybe for book 5 or something? I sure hope so!

Edited by Mercakete

TBH, I actually like this new lore surrounding Anna. Yeah, it contradicts some stuff about her in the 3DS games but I actually prefer the idea of each world having only one Anna and they are all part of this merchant organization that can travel dimensions and just call each other 'sisters'. I find it much more believable than each world having several sisters who just happen to all look the same and have the same name.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, NSSKG151 said:

TBH, I actually like this new lore surrounding Anna. Yeah, it contradicts some stuff about her in the 3DS games but I actually prefer the idea of each world having only one Anna and they are all part of this merchant organization that can travel dimensions and just call each other 'sisters'. I find it much more believable than each world having several sisters who just happen to all look the same and have the same name.

Maybe just a few of them are actually all related by blood,or maybe some were raised by the organization itself, and don't know any better.