FEH Book 4 Fanfic: Fódlan’s Sweet Dreams

Perkilator

This was an idea I got when I was wondering what would be if TH characters were major characters in Book 4, but the Order of Heroes weren’t in it at all. Note that this is purely hypothetical, and is not intended to undermine or outdo the current events of Book 4 as they are presented to us.

Prologue: Destiny’s Creek

An Unknown Castle, Daytime

???: So you are certain? Strange nightmares have reached a different mortal realm?

???: Yes, King Freyr. No way I could’ve seen it the wrong way.

King Freyr: So, it is as I feared…the barrier between dreams and reality have cracked, and it’s even worse than I thought. Peony, you know what must be done.

Peony: Don’t worry, King Freyr! I’ll make sure no mortals get consumed by…whatever nightmares are invading their world. …Wherever it might be.

King Freyr: Whatever the case, do be careful. This is new territory you might tread when you take this world’s mortals into Ljósálfheimr.

(Meanwhile…)

Garreg Mach Monastery; Cathedral, Close to Midnight

???: Claude, are you sure those suspicious-looking bandits went this way? You know we were only allowed in there during the Rite of Rebirth.

(Cue picture of a hole in the door to the Holy Mausoleum)

Claude: Unless I dreamt it up while sleepwalking, there’s no mistaking what I saw.

???: I never thought I’d say this, Dimitri…but I believe Claude’s story.

Dimitri: I’m somewhat hesitant to, but…so do I, if it involves something dangerously suspicious afoot in the Monastery.

???: In any case, those two bandits couldn’t be anymore suspicious than the Western Church fiasco during the Rite of Rebirth.

Claude: Or Flayn’s kidnapping, for that matter. Glad we could at least get the latter two out of the way before the Battle of the—

???: Edelgard? Dimitri? Claude? What are you doing near the Mausoleum’s door at this hour?

(Byleth walks in)

Edelgard: Oh, Professor! Fancy seeing you here.

Claude: Huh? Oh, er…we tracked some oddly suspicious individuals sneaking into the Holy Mausoleum, so we—

Byleth: …Strange. I came here to investigate as well, per orders from Seteth. You wouldn’t happen to be pulling some kind of prank, would you?

Dimitri: If we were, Professor, I’m sure Claude would’ve prompted you to come with us. Honest.

Claude: …Aaanyways, what an odd coincidence, seeing you here as well.

Edelgard: If you were ordered by Seteth to investigate, then…no, it’s already late enough. I was considering asking if you could ask Seteth to let us help you, but we’d only be wasting time.

Byleth: As if we weren’t already? *sigh* Let’s just go. I don’t want yet another potential tragedy before the Battle of the Eagle and Lion, and I’m sure Seteth wouldn’t either.

(The four go down the stairs and enter the Mausoleum)

Battle Map: Holy Mausoleum

Player Phase: Officer’s Academy

-Byleth (Sword of the Creator)

-Edelgard (Iron Axe)

-Dimitri (Iron Lance)

-Claude (Iron Bow)

Enemy Phase: Suspicious Bandits

-Ruffian x4 (Bronze Sword)

-Fighter (Bronze Axe)

-Bandit Leader**, Ruffian (Iron Sword)

-Plumeria, Ruffian (Iron Sword)

Battle Music: Fódlan Winds (Rain/Thunder)

Pre-Battle

Bandit (Ruffian): Hey, boss! It’s those nobles youse were tellin’ us about!

Bandit (Fighter): And, er…the teachuh, or whatever?

Bandit Leader: Oh? So they’re here? Plumeria, let proceed as Lady Freyja ordered.

Plumeria: Hmm hmm, yes…I cannot wait to see how salacious we can get with these mortals…

In Battle

Vs. Bandit Leader
(When any unit engages Bandit Leader in combat)

Bandit Leader: Lady Freyja’s orders are absolute. I cannot be wavered from them.

(When Byleth engages Bandit Leader in Combat)

Bandit Leader: That sword…I wonder if it is capable of interaction with the realms of dreams…

(When Bandit Leader is defeated)

Bandit Leader: Ah, time to tag out. Plumeria!

Plumeria: Ah, time to play. I think I’ll play “dress-up” with that white-haired girl…

Vs. Plumeria

(When any unit engages Plumeria)

Plumeria: Hehehe…my name is Plumeria. Come on, let’s play around a little…

(When Plumeria is defeated)

Plumeria: Hmhmhm…you fell right for it!

Post-Battle

Dimitri: Alright, we’ve got you cornered. If you don’t want to face the Church’s worst punishments, you’ll—

Bandit Leader: Oh, I don't think so. Plumeria, it’s time to spring the trap!

Plumeria: Very well, then. Sleep tight, children…

(Purplish-red gas appears out of nowhere as the two bandit leaders flee)

Byleth: What the—!

Edelgard: Wh-wha…? I’m uneasy…I can’t *yawn* keep my…eyes…

Dimitri: Huh? What is…this…*yawn*

Claude: Guys, get up…! We can’t…sleep when…*yawn*…get up…

Byleth: Guys…? Guys, get up…! Get…up…! *yawn*

**This is Triandra, disguised as a human in a Fódlan bandit’s clothing. Same for Plumeria.

Edited by Perkilator

• 1 month later...

Actually, you know what? I've decided this won't go anywhere at the rate Book IV's story's going, so I've unfortunately decided to cancel it. Any mods who would like to close this thread, please do so.