Lyn x Rath is canon

kurito

Lyn and Rath have a final together.

"When her grandfather died, Lyn asked that Caelin be taken under Ostian protection. She set out for Sacae, where she was reunited with Rath of the Kutolah. They had a daughter and lived happily in the plains."

It is reference to Sue... But wasn't canon... until FEH...

In the space "Meet some of the Heroes".

Rath's daughter is Sue (confirmed) and in the section of Rath, Lyn is described as "she hopes that her gifts express all of the feelings she normally doesn’t put into words."

Link: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/06011101000490-2/

Edited by kurito
Link

Except that says "Rath's ally and fellow Sacaean" not "Rath's wife" or anything of the sort. Gifts just mean you're at least friends, not that you're romantic. Means nothing.

I still ship Hector x Lyn and believe FE7 most pushes them as "canon."

Yeah, I'd think the gift thing might not quite mean that. Then again, I don't fully think I get it.

Well, at least there is always the novelization if you want something "official" in regards to Lyn and Rath, haha.

Although, on a personal matter, I've always considered their paired ending it's more canon compliant, since it's the only ending that outright states Sue will be born. Even if it's not something mandatory. Look at the Marcus and Merlinus paired ending. It's the canon one; but you're not forced to get it. Something similar could be at play. At least, that's how I've always seen it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except that says "Rath's ally and fellow Sacaean" not "Rath's wife" or anything of the sort. Gifts just mean you're at least friends, not that you're romantic. Means nothing.

It also isn't explicitly directed at Rath, only the last line is. It's just a blanket statement about her personality and behavior.

Short of Nintendo bearing down and outright canonizing pairs I'm not convinced about canon for characters who can be freely shipped in-game.

"Canon" can mean a lot - just take a look at the sheer number of moms Roy can have.  Actual Canon means that it's confirmed in-game, like Eliwood being Roy's dad.

the only canon i acknowledge is the canon that rath never actually existed, we just all gaslit each other into thinking he did

wake up sheeple

He's there to remind us why Shin is awesome.

My personal headcanon is

Spoiler

Lyn is somehow Rutger's mom

but there's no way I'd declare that as Actual Canon.

The only cannons I adknowlege are the ones in 1812 overture.

Yeah, as basically everyone has said above, nothing is canon unless the game specifically says it isn't and can't be avoided other than, in some situtions, death. (Sacred stones spoilers)

Spoiler

Orson canonically betrays Renais in sacred stones, Lyon canonically dies.

All of these events are canon and happen in the story unavoidably.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My personal headcanon is

Reveal hidden contents

Lyn would have had to have had Rutger before the start of FE7 for this to be possible.

I'd think the phrase "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" could apply very well for those kind of cases...

You better not start to say that's the reason she was made eighteen in the overseas versions from her actual age of fifteen.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It is a little odd they'd put that detail about gifts in Lyn's section there in Rath's profile, but I don't think it's an outright confirmation. Until Nintendo/InteSy comes out and says "such and such is canon," all of Lyn's pairings are equally valid.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It is a little odd they'd put that detail about gifts in Lyn's section there in Rath's profile, but I don't think it's an outright confirmation. Until Nintendo/InteSy comes out and says "such and such is canon," all of Lyn's pairings are equally valid.

Well, one could say her potential pairing with Eliwood has less validity, due to Binding Blade stating his wife liked Illian flowers. Everything that is canon about Lyn doesn't point to that being compatible.

Sue's mother is Sacae itself.

It's possible to make babies with nature, all you have to do is lay down in a remote, pristine place and open all your senses to the environment. Eventually, nature will know you, take you, embrace you, and wash itself over you, at the end of the experience so brief yet endless, you'll awake. You'll discover a newborn clad in its surroundings, in Sue's case the sod of the plains, within a three-minute walk of current location, they may cry to indicate their presence. Genetically they will be 50% yours, 50% numerous nature-induced mutations (enough to make the chromosomes equivalent to that of a total stranger in degrees of consanguinity) in the other half of your chromosomes which the child inherits, including the possible conversion an X to a Y or vice versa for a male nature-copulator. The child will be no different from an ordinary functional human, but nature will not pay for child support.

I want a game with this in it. Maybe a Rune Factory- now you're a ~17 year old amnesiac farmer-warrior who definitely remembers that that is their baby. Dating as a young parent would be a lovely little twist.

And personally, I'm LynxEliwood > LynxRath > LynxFlorina >>>>> LynxHector.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 2/15/2020 at 5:01 PM, Integrity said:

does fe7 ever say lyn has no children

No, but Lyn's kid could have been Roy or Lilina just as canonically as Sue.

As for Lyn not being from Ilia... well, her best friend was. I'll admit that Eliwood's wife liking Ilian flowers suggests more strongly that she was Fiora or Ninian than Lyn, but Lyn did have a connection to Ilia through Florina.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, eclipse said:

My personal headcanon is

Reveal hidden contents

On 2/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, Slumber said:

Lyn would have had to have had Rutger before the start of FE7 for this to be possible.

She would have also to have married a half-Sacaean half-Bernese man whose mom was Sacaean herself, which none of her support options are. And she would also have to have been part of the Bulgar clan, which she isn't and wasn't, and also have a Bernese mother, which she doesn't.

25 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

She would have also to have married a half-Sacaean half-Bernese man whose mom was Sacaean herself, which none of her support options are. And she would also have to have been part of the Bulgar clan, which she isn't and wasn't, and also have a Bernese mother, which she doesn't.

. . .cite sources for each of these.  I already see one huge error.

1 hour ago, Paper Jam said:

No, but Lyn's kid could have been Roy or Lilina just as canonically as Sue.

As for Lyn not being from Ilia... well, her best friend was. I'll admit that Eliwood's wife liking Ilian flowers suggests more strongly that she was Fiora or Ninian than Lyn, but Lyn did have a connection to Ilia through Florina.

I suppose the query would be: "Considering how the game shows she loves Sacae so much, would her most favorite type of flower really be an Illian one over a Sacaean one?"

39 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .cite sources for each of these.  I already see one huge error.

Deke's supports with Rutger clearly state that Rutger's father has a Sacaean mother and that his mother has a Sacaean father. And that they all lived in Bulgar prior to Bern's attack on Sacae. They also state that the reason why he survived Bern's attack on Bulgar specifically is because Rutger himself looks like a Bernese native.

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/supports/dieck-rutger/

2 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Deke's supports with Rutger clearly state that Rutger's father has a Sacaean mother and that his mother has a Sacaean father. And that they all lived in Bulgar prior to Bern's attack on Sacae. They also state that the reason why he survived Bern's attack on Bulgar specifically is because Rutger himself looks like a Bernese native.

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/supports/dieck-rutger/

1. Bulgar is a city, not a clan.
2. Lyn's father is Sacaean.

This hinges on Lyn NOT being truthful about her non-Sacaean side.  In this hypothetical scenario, Lyn would be in the middle of Bern, so advertising she's from Lycia wouldn't be a very bright idea.  The only thing that doesn't support this is that Kent mentioned that Lyn looked like a painting of her mother, implying that her mom had dark hair. . .but weirder things have happened with hair color, of all things.  While it isn't canon, what you said doesn't completely preclude Lyn from NOT being his mom.

1. Bulgar is a city, not a clan.

Rutger's supports with Dayan mention him belonging to a clan that was living in Bulgar.

2. Lyn's father is Sacaean.

But her mom is Lycian, not Bernese. Again, Rutger is left alone because he looks Bernese, which implies that both of his parents are half-Bernese.

This hinges on Lyn NOT being truthful about her non-Sacaean side.  In this hypothetical scenario, Lyn would be in the middle of Bern, so advertising she's from Lycia wouldn't be a very bright idea. 

I heavily doubt Lyn would deny her Lycian heritage like that. And this isn't even getting into the fact that Sacaeans are known for their honesty. Lying about her non-Sacaean side is literally against her character, either way you look at it.

1 hour ago, Just call me AL said:

Rutger's supports with Dayan mention him belonging to a clan that was living in Bulgar.

To call it the Bulgar clan is a misnomer.

1 hour ago, Just call me AL said:

But her mom is Lycian, not Bernese. Again, Rutger is left alone because he looks Bernese, which implies that both of his parents are half-Bernese.

I heavily doubt Lyn would deny her Lycian heritage like that. And this isn't even getting into the fact that Sacaeans are known for their honesty. Lying about her non-Sacaean side is literally against her character, either way you look at it.

I doubt the enemies would walk up to Lyn and ask "hey is your non-Sacaean half from Bern?"  I also didn't say that she had to lie outright, only that it wouldn't be wise to advertise it.   Merely NOT saying anything about her other side, and letting assumptions fill in the gap would be enough.  Whether or not she'd shut up about it would be another matter (though Caelin goes poof once she abdicates, so where her mom was from would be even more unimportant IMO).

Plus, Rutger/Dayan A implies that people can move clans.  Lyn's original clan was wiped out, so that option would be available to her.