Lyn x Rath is canon

kurito

On 2/15/2020 at 7:06 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It is a little odd they'd put that detail about gifts in Lyn's section there in Rath's profile, but I don't think it's an outright confirmation. Until Nintendo/InteSy comes out and says "such and such is canon," all of Lyn's pairings are equally valid.

Honestly, Intelligent Systems could put it in a Super Bowl advertisement, I don't count it as canon unless it happened in the work itself.

Or unless I say so, of course. But only about things I didn't write.

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Plus, Rutger/Dayan A implies that people can move clans.  Lyn's original clan was wiped out, so that option would be available to her.

Wasn't her clan wiped out before the events of FE7, which is after she would have had to have teen-pregnancied Rutger? She seems to be living on her own when the game starts.

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wasn't her clan wiped out before the events of FE7, which is after she would have had to have teen-pregnancied Rutger? She seems to be living on her own when the game starts.

Dialogue implies it. From the Prologue:

Lyn:
“My mother and my father… died six months ago. My people—the Lorca—they don’t… I’m the last of my tribe.

In case one thinks that's simply Lyn thinking she's the only survivor, here's Rath's reaction to hearing Lyn is from the Lorca in Ch6:

Rider:
“The Lorca? There were survivors?”

Word of the tribe's demise had already spread as far as Lycia, so if there were other survivors... word would've already been there about it too. Other the fact Lyn herself has lived without word spreading about her, so who knows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

49 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yep.  But that's why it's a headcanon~!

That, and it doesn't look like anyone's out for her because of her dad's side - just her mom's.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I doubt the enemies would walk up to Lyn and ask "hey is your non-Sacaean half from Bern?" 

I doubt Zephiel's forces would have left Rutger alive if he looked Lycian. Especially when considering that Lycia was next on Zephiel's list after Sacae.

I also didn't say that she had to lie outright, only that it wouldn't be wise to advertise it.  Merely NOT saying anything about her other side, and letting assumptions fill in the gap would be enough.  Whether or not she'd shut up about it would be another matter (though Caelin goes poof once she abdicates, so where her mom was from would be even more unimportant IMO).

It doesn't matter if she had to lie about it or not. She's not the kind of person who would deny herself or her family her heritage. I wouldn't be too surprised if not saying anything about it would be just as bad as lying about it in her eyes.

Plus, Rutger/Dayan A implies that people can move clans.  Lyn's original clan was wiped out, so that option would be available to her.

Doesn't really mean she would end up doing such a thing, considering how she's been living before FE7 started. (And on a side note, after reading a paragraph from another topic on this forum, her being in Sacae at all after FE7 would kinda make her the odd one out in regards to FE lords unifying their home countries. But that's just me.)

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wasn't her clan wiped out before the events of FE7.

All except 10 survivors, including Lyn herself, if her own words are anything to go by.

which is after she would have had to have teen-pregnancied Rutger? She seems to be living on her own when the game starts.

Another reason why I think the idea that Lyn is Rutger's mother is as full of holes as Swiss cheese. I honestly think it's more likely that Lilina's own parentage is like Rutger's in that there are Sacaeans on both sides of her own family. But that requires assuming that Hector/Lyn is canon. So...

The moral of that story is that you're all thinking too deeply on a headcanon that even its creator acknowledges as nonsensical.

6 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

I doubt Zephiel's forces would have left Rutger alive if he looked Lycian. Especially when considering that Lycia was next on Zephiel's list after Sacae.

. . .can you truly tell the difference between a Lycian face-sprite and a Bern one?

It doesn't matter if she had to lie about it or not. She's not the kind of person who would deny herself or her family her heritage. I wouldn't be too surprised if not saying anything about it would be just as bad as lying about it in her eyes.

If it meant keeping her family safe, I think she'd shut up.  She has her morals, and deliberately putting people in danger isn't high on that list.

Doesn't really mean she would end up doing such a thing, considering how she's been living before FE7 started. (And on a side note, after reading a paragraph from another topic on this forum, her being in Sacae at all after FE7 would kinda make her the odd one out in regards to FE lords unifying their home countries. But that's just me.)

She was raised in Sacae, and she cut ties with the one excuse she'd have to live in Lycia.  If a theoretical husband was of another clan, I don't see why she wouldn't.

I thought the closest to canon partner for Lyn (if she even married canonically) would be Rath, but after really looking at the GBA game and paying attention to possible hints in FE:Heroes I now think the closest canon partner is Hector.

Edited by Fates-Blade

9 minutes ago, Fates-Blade said:

I thought the closest to canon partner for Lyn (if she even married canonically) would be Rath, but after really looking at the GBA games and paying attention to possible hints in FE:Heroes I now think the closest canon partner is Hector.

Farina > Lyn

Also, never rely on Heroes for anything outside of a fun extra. 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:52 PM, eclipse said:

. . .can you truly tell the difference between a Lycian face-sprite and a Bern one?

Even in real life, a native resident of a country would be able to tell the difference between one of their own and a foreigner of a similar skin color. I can't see why the same wouldn't apply here.

If it meant keeping her family safe, I think she'd shut up.  She has her morals, and deliberately putting people in danger isn't high on that list.

I don't think she would be able to keep her family safe even in that situation. Given the possibility Zephiel's forces WOULD know who she is anyways, regardless of her position, they would want to make sure that she has no family left after she's killed. In the extremely unlikely event that she is somehow Rutger's mother, Rutger's survival would make even less sense in regards to this. Don't forget that all of Bern's attacks were surprise attacks in the war's beginnings. And it does make sense for Bern to target Bulgar first, given its status as a center of commerce.

She was raised in Sacae, and she cut ties with the one excuse she'd have to live in Lycia.  If a theoretical husband was of another clan, I don't see why she wouldn't.

We only see her joining another clan in her ending with Rath. No such indication is given in regards to her solo ending or her endings with Florina (which is an alternate version of her solo ending) or Kent. On that note, if she's living in Sacae (which, again, I don't think is likely, given what the game itself suggests), I doubt she would be living in Bulgar due to its urban environment.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, Seazas said:

Farina > Lyn

Also, never rely on Heroes for anything outside of a fun extra. 

Even without taking Heroes into consideration, Lyn's still the closest thing to a canon spouse for Hector and vice-versa. Whereas Farina's the furthest thing away from the same.

This topic is a nice break from having to actually mod, since I get to discuss my headcanon in great depth~!

3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Even in real life, a native resident of a country would be able to tell the difference between one of their own and a foreigner of a similar skin color. I can't see why the same wouldn't apply here.

I take it you don't interact with a lot of people from mixed races much.  Half-Asian/half-white is pretty common here, and goes by the name of "hapa".  Identifying "where'd that white person come from" is already tricky enough, thanks to general European population migration.  But throw in the Asian side, and good luck trying to discern that~!

I don't think she would be able to keep her family safe even in that situation. Given the possibility Zephiel's forces WOULD know who she is anyways, regardless of her position, they would want to make sure that she has no family left after she's killed. In the extremely unlikely event that she is somehow Rutger's mother, Rutger's survival would make even less sense in regards to this. Don't forget that all of Bern's attacks were surprise attacks in the war's beginnings. And it does make sense for Bern to target Bulgar first, given its status as a center of commerce.

"Hey, look for this one ruanway Lycian noble and kill her.  She'll totally tell the truth about her Lycian heritage if you ask her!  Make sure to question every single woman first~!"

We only see her joining another clan in her ending with Rath. No such indication is given in regards to her solo ending or her endings with Florina (which is an alternate version of her solo ending) or Kent. On that note, if she's living in Sacae (which, again, I don't think is likely, given what the game itself suggests), I doubt she would be living in Bulgar due to its urban environment.

If you're so married to the text of FE7, you do you.  But the fact that her solo ending is so very open-ended means that there's room for headcanon - and man are those goalposts moving left and right.  I'm honestly amused by it.

• 1 month later...

Eliwood is the canon husband of Lyn. End of story, Roy uses a sword and Lyn uses a sword too 

On 2/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sue's mother is Sacae itself.

It's possible to make babies with nature, all you have to do is lay down in a remote, pristine place and open all your senses to the environment. Eventually, nature will know you, take you, embrace you, and wash itself over you, at the end of the experience so brief yet endless, you'll awake. You'll discover a newborn clad in its surroundings, in Sue's case the sod of the plains, within a three-minute walk of current location, they may cry to indicate their presence. Genetically they will be 50% yours, 50% numerous nature-induced mutations (enough to make the chromosomes equivalent to that of a total stranger in degrees of consanguinity) in the other half of your chromosomes which the child inherits, including the possible conversion an X to a Y or vice versa for a male nature-copulator. The child will be no different from an ordinary functional human, but nature will not pay for child support.

You forgot the most important detail: Rath got pregnant by the nature and gave birth to Sue alone! 

-

Seriously, come one guys, Lyn can marry Hector, Rath, Eliwood and Kent, she has suggestive ending with Florina, all possibilities are equally canon. Anything else is you all just stating your preferences and forcing your tastes, sometimes in a disingenuous way. 

• 8 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 6:26 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

“My mother and my father… died six months ago. My people—the Lorca—they don’t… I’m the last of my tribe.

As far as I am aware, she is not the only survivor and any direct mention of that fact is a mistranslation. Her saying she is the last of her tribe works with that too(assuming that is right), because she could just be the last one to consider themself a Lorca after the remaining people scattered. 

When it comes to Lyn having a kid before the game....she is 15 in lynmode, guys. xD