Need some new music recommendations

JAZ_2002

I've been listening to the same songs for quite some time now and Spotify shuffle just ain't enough to keep them feeling fresh. Any of y'all wanna share some band recommendations? and some songs i should start off with? or just post your favorite bands or songs idk just share some music please. Preferably rock music 🙂

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Without first knowing that which is serene and soft, one cannot appreciate that which is truly hard.

"Pretty Fly for a White Guy" isn't a bad rock song but honestly "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi" is better, that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I have good things to say about Bach.

I am amongst kindred spirits at last.

As much as I'd want to suggest classical music, I like Billy Joel, the Beatles and BNL. If you want me to suggest good pieces of classical music, PM me because I'll have too many to list. Or Liszt. 

Most of the songs from Prozak's Saturday People album are quite good, but I can't say I like a lot of their other stuff. Forever 1999 (the song) is pretty okay, though.

Edited by Benice

21 hours ago, Benice said:

I am amongst kindred spirits at last.

I mean that would kind of make me a bit upset honestly.

23 hours ago, JAZ_2002 said:

Preferably rock music 🙂

Weird as this may sound, I really like the sort of "clopping" feel this song has. That baseline could win an Olympic medal for horse riding.

What sort of rock are you looking for in particular? More classic rock, heavy metal?

Giving me an open invitation to post anything rock related? Well, I usually describe what I'm posting, but I'll leave it a surprise for these ones. I'll just say that it's more recent stuff.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What sort of rock are you looking for in particular? More classic rock, heavy metal?

Well i'm more into punk rock, a little bit of grunge, some alternative like RHCP, and whatever Metallica is (heavy metal?) 

23 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Ya like Vocaloid? Because I know alot about Vocaloid.

Especially Vocaloid horror.

Hm I've never heard of Vocaloid. Is it good?

On 2/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, eclipse said:

I have good things to say about Bach.

Bach?

On 2/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Pretty Fly for a White Guy" isn't a bad rock song but honestly "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi" is better, that's just my opinion.

Oh yeah i listen to Pretty Fly for a White Guy, haven't of of Rabbi though. I'll go give it a listen

37 minutes ago, JAZ_2002 said:

Hm I've never heard of Vocaloid. Is it good?

Have you heard of Hatsune Miku? She's one of them.

Vocaloids are a bunch of voice synthesizers that you can use to make music. The more well known stuff is J-Pop, but there are songs in other genres and languages. The Vocaloid producer Neru does rock, I think. Here's one of his most well-known songs (with English subs) and here's the one on his actual channel.

If you want more reccommendations, feel free to PM me, I've been into Vocaloid for at least 6 years by now.

7 hours ago, JAZ_2002 said:

Well i'm more into punk rock, a little bit of grunge, some alternative like RHCP, and whatever Metallica is (heavy metal?) 

Oh boy, that's my wheelhouse.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

i will never not recommend this song to somebody 

I’d argue this song is less heavy than the previous one, at least to me.

This one is my all time favourite. It is pretty heavy, but eh.

If you want a different artist:

Or another one again:

On 3/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sacredstoner said:

Dance Gavin Dance is fantastic. If you’re into softer rock/acoustic, check out This Wild Life!

Ah, a fellow person of culture I see.

Rome Hero Foxes is another great band Spotify recommended to me recently:

Edited by Anathaco

• 2 months later...

How about popular music arranged for wind orchestra? I've actually made a list for Jazz and Latin standards arranged for, and performed by Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra (basically the closest orchestra you can get equivalent to the NHK Symphony for concert band). I actually think it's even better than Boston Pops - because the music arranged for Tokyo Kosei doesn't get "dumbed down" - flutes, oboes, and french horns are expected to swing and syncopate just like the typical jazz instruments. 

Edited by henrymidfields

• 7 months later...

Not sure if I'm necroposting in here or not and I apologize to the mods in advance if I am, but I'm a part of a symphonic black/melodic death metal band called Grimleal that makes metal music that's inspired by and about Fire Emblem. Perhaps it will tickle your fancy?

Edited by ZekeNigma
Typo

• 8 months later...

Instrumental music in my opinion is the best kind. Though there are so many genres of music, instrumental music (best music making websites) is the best. It doesn't directly convey the meaning and let's you dwell on it, interpret it for yourself and gives each person a different emotion. It lets your mind wander, which in turn helps you relax as well as sort out soo many things going on in your mind. So personally I would recommend instrumental music of any kind.