24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Relic would Lysithea wield?

• Thunderbrand
    • Thrysus

Which weapon do you feel Lysithea is going to wield? Given that

• Green is going to be taken by Edlegard with Amyr
  • Blue is going to be taken by Dimitri with Areadbhar
  • Claude has a bow which is primarily colorless
  • Dark Magic is red primarily with few exceptions (Dark Aura and Dark Excaliur)

Futhermore Lysithea has two crests Charon and Gloucester it makes sense that she would have Red as her color but this asks a question.

Which Relic is she going to have?

Thyrsus points

• Dark Magic is Red, and Lysithea is known for Dark Magic
  • She is typically much more powerful with this staff then with Thunderbrand
  • If Claude is Red, Thyrsus could maker her Colorless Unit

Thunderbrand Points

• Hidden Proficiency in swords, which gives her a Magic sword technique
  • Has a support with Catherine with them bonding over their crests
  • Spoiler

Like Catherine, Lysithea is always an enemy during the timeskip, only she is recruitable

Her base form will almost certainly wield magic already so Thunderbrand is more interesting to me.

There's also an axe that is associated with the crest of Gloucester. That would be neat assuming Claude doesn't have dibs on axes.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

15 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

It would look weird for a TH banner to have the other three with relics but Lysithea without one

We don't know if they'll be using relics tho. In fact, no Brave Heroes thus far have used their canon prf weapon so I'm more inclined to think that they won't be wielding any relics. Or at least not their own.

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

We don't know if they'll be using relics tho. In fact, no Brave Heroes thus far have used their canon prf weapon so I'm more inclined to think that they won't be wielding any relics. Or at least not their own.

Hmm...

Ike and Roy used their dad's weapons while Lyn got one of Binding Blade's 8 weapons and Lucina got a brand new lance from a world foreign to her.

Hector uses one of the 8 Elibe weapons, Celica uses one of Alm's swords, Ephraim uses a relic he learned about but never can use in his game, and Veronica never wielded a staff before her brave self was added.

Micaiah's weapon doesn't even physically exist and is just magical power, Eliwood's lance is a new weapon that's not in any of the Elibe games, Camilla uses a staff not in her home game...I guess Alm's "Dracofalchion" is the closest thing to using his own weapon though it's not its original form.

Since I see the legendary/time-skip versions of the TH lords using their relics, I'd say it's a safe bet they're gonna use weapons not specifically for them as opposed to "Burning Failnaught" or something. Probably more original weapons, and I have no clue what Lysithea could wield.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Hmm...

Ike and Roy used their dad's weapons while Lyn got one of Binding Blade's 8 weapons and Lucina got a brand new lance from a world foreign to her.

Hector uses one of the 8 Elibe weapons, Celica uses one of Alm's swords, Ephraim uses a relic he learned about but never can use in his game, and Veronica never wielded a staff before her brave self was added.

Micaiah's weapon doesn't even physically exist and is just magical power, Eliwood's lance is a new weapon that's not in any of the Elibe games, Camilla uses a staff not in her home game...I guess Alm's "Dracofalchion" is the closest thing to using his own weapon though it's not its original form.

Since I see the legendary/time-skip versions of the TH lords using their relics, I'd say it's a safe bet they're gonna use weapons not specifically for them as opposed to "Burning Failnaught" or something. Probably more original weapons, and I have no clue what Lysithea could wield.

To be fair, the original ones didn’t use their canon weapons so one could argue they are going to use the relics for the brave forms since the brave alts will be based on them

30 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

To be fair, the original ones didn’t use their canon weapons so one could argue they are going to use the relics for the brave forms since the brave alts will be based on them

Makes sense that they didn't since they're pre-timeskip. The lords don't get access to their weapons until post-timeskip were they magically materialized inside their inventory. The only ones to gain access to their relics pre-timeskip were the Byleths, Catherine, Felix, Hilda, and Lorenz (hope he keeps it and isn't pawned off to Lysithea) iirc so I only expect those to come with relics on their debut.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the relics are for their regular timeskip version and not for a special brave alt.

Lysithea is very interesting. We'll have to see what she has in the banner next month probably. They could have a theme where she and Edlegard weren't experimented on, so she wouldn't have the crest of Gloucester. Thunderbrand makes more sense in that regard, but I also expect Edelgard to be a mage who would use dark magic, so she would be red, and that conflicts.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

Lysithea is very interesting. We'll have to see what she has in the banner next month probably. They could have a theme where she and Edlegard weren't experimented on, so she wouldn't have the crest of Gloucester. Thunderbrand makes more sense in that regard, but I also expect Edelgard to be a mage who would use dark magic, so she would be red, and that conflicts.

I should note that the Charon crest she has was also implanted on her, so if it were a banner where she and Edelgard weren't experimented on, she probably wouldn't have Thunderbrand either.

Predicting what weapon Brave Lysithea will have is kind of tough though. They could have her use the Hades spell with the Thyrsus as one of her skills, they could have her use the Thunderbrand since the Charon crest allows her to use it, or they could have her use the Axe of Oooga Boogaa (I can't say it's actual name for the life of me) since the Charon crest allows her to use that as well.

5 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Given that

• Green is going to be taken by Edlegard with Amyr
  • Blue is going to be taken by Dimitri with Areadbhar
  • Claude has a bow which is primarily colorless

No, none of that is given. I don't even think it's likely.

I expect Aymr, Areadbhar, and Failnaught to show up on the legendary versions of the house leaders. Brave versions of characters typically use other weapon types - looking at skill growths, all of the three have swords as a secondary specialization, along with magic for Edelgard and axes for Claude. So I could see something like:

• Dimitri: Sword cavalry
  • Edelgard: Blue tome armor
  • Claude: Axe flier
  • Lysithea: Staff infantry

Blue tomes would be a bit odd for Edelgard since her magic is fire and dark, but we've seen Dark Delthea with the very much dark Death spell as a blue tome, so I think it's doable.

4 hours ago, BakanGin said:

I would want her personal tome to be eithier dark spikes, effective on dragons instead of calvaray though

Why not both?

4 hours ago, Othin said:

No, none of that is given. I don't even think it's likely.

I expect Aymr, Areadbhar, and Failnaught to show up on the legendary versions of the house leaders. Brave versions of characters typically use other weapon types - looking at skill growths, all of the three have swords as a secondary specialization, along with magic for Edelgard and axes for Claude. So I could see something like:

• Dimitri: Sword cavalry
  • Edelgard: Blue tome armor
  • Claude: Axe flier
  • Lysithea: Staff infantry

Blue tomes would be a bit odd for Edelgard since her magic is fire and dark, but we've seen Dark Delthea with the very much dark Death spell as a blue tome, so I think it's doable.

This ties in nicely with three of the four budding talents. . .but if we want all four. . .

Dimitri: Colorless dagger cavalry (riding)
Edelgard: Blue tome armor (reason, I guess)
Claude: Axe flier (axes)
Lysithea: Sword infantry (swords)

With Lysithea, she can have Soulblade as a special, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

My only problem with her getting Thunderbrand is that it belongs to Catherine, what will happen to her unit when she shows up? I know she can use it, but they should give her something that's hers. She has a ton of spells to pick from.

Didn't stop Brave Celica from getting Alm's Royal Sword, or Brave Roy getting Eliwood's Durandal

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Didn't stop Brave Celica from getting Alm's Royal Sword, or Brave Roy getting Eliwood's Durandal

Well that’s because Alm and Celica are a couple and Roy is Eliwood’s son so there’s more to the connection than just taking the weapon from them. Lysithea doesn’t really have much of a connection to Catherine as far as I can tell so...

30 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

My only problem with her getting Thunderbrand is that it belongs to Catherine, what will happen to her unit when she shows up? I know she can use it, but they should give her something that's hers. She has a ton of spells to pick from.

No reason why they can't have both wielding it.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Well that’s because Alm and Celica are a couple and Roy is Eliwood’s son so there’s more to the connection than just taking the weapon from them. Lysithea doesn’t really have much of a connection to Catherine as far as I can tell so...

I meant as in giving them weapons belonging to other characters

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

They both have a sisterly like support in Three houses and both end up fighting Edlegard no matter what.

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

Give Lysithea a Thunderbrand, while Catherine gets Thunderstike's Thunderbrand (A different version of Thunderbrand kind of like Myssletain (Eldigan and Ares))

1 hour ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

They both have a sisterly like support in Three houses and both end up fighting Edlegard no matter what.

Give Lysithea a Thunderbrand, while Catherine gets Thunderstike's Thunderbrand (A different version of Thunderbrand kind of like Myssletain (Eldigan and Ares))

I mean Lysithea can be recruited into Black Eagles and form a bond with Edelgard

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean Lysithea can be recruited into Black Eagles and form a bond with Edelgard

She's a time skip enemy recruit, she has to be fought no matter what during the timeskip and even then, Byleth has to be the one to attack her

Edlegard will kill her outright

Lysthea and Catherine have the connection of both having the crest that lets them use Thunderbrand.

On that note, Celica can't use the Royal Sword in the base game.

13 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

She's a time skip enemy recruit, she has to be fought no matter what during the timeskip and even then, Byleth has to be the one to attack her

Edlegard will kill her outright

If you recruit her in the academy phase, she doesn't show up as an enemy recruit in the time skip

24 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Yes she does.

The same applies to Lorenz and Ashe with Blue Lions and Golden Deer Repectively 

No she doesn't. I recruited Lysithea during the Academy phase in my Black Eagles playthrough, she doesn't show up in Chapter 14 as an enemy unit if you already recruited her.