Any advice for Abyss Chapter 6? [Spoilers]

How the heck am I supposed to do this? Something like five Bolting users and the boss with Meteor, four characters to protect (all poisoned), intermittent 10 damage map-nukes... 

The best thing I can think to do is to devote everyone to cleaning up the right hand side, since Hapi and Constance need the most help not-dying, and just hope Balthus and Yuri can handle themselves.

Has anyone come up with a better strategy? Most of my guys are around level 30.

My strategy was basically to just use Hero Dimitri. Set up Batallion Wrath, give him a Killing Edge, click retribution and just watch the magic lol. Every other unit was just cleaning up the rest. Make good use of gambits too by baiting large chunks of enemies for Edelgard/Hapi/Yuri to stagger.

That map was annoying. My Retribution Edlegard with 40% hit bailed me out of the stress. Using this strategy isn't too sound since the accuracy is bad. Battalion Vantage could help too, but you probably don't have that setup like I didn't.

34 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

There's only 2 Bolting users. Take them out immediately and the map is much less of a headache.

There's more on Hard, I think. There are definitely five on there.

They have some weird aggro mechanics, though. Mine insisted on targeting Lindhardt even when I put more frail units in their range. You should use retribution, though, and try to get them to target someone who can survive a hit or two or dodge.

Also if there was ever a map to use pure water...

I kept Hapi and Constance out of range. Yuri and Balthus are generally okay if you can keep them out of the fifth Bolting Mage range, and Balthus has a self-heal combat art and Yuri has nosferatu if things get dicey.

Edited by Crysta

I sent everyone to the right, kept Yuri and Balthus out of enemy range, and used Retribution to kill the mages with Byleth/Dimitri. Then it's just a matter of waiting until the boss is out of Meteors so you can get a couple of characters to ambush him (I used, again, Byleth and Dimitri). With some gambits and lucky criticals he shouldn't take too long to go down.

I definitely think this map was the hardest of the DLC, I had to restart a few times because I ran out of divine pulses.

This map was just long, it didn't feel that bad. I just used Hapi and Constance to kill the bolting people and then just cleared the rest of the map. Then we all rushed the boss so that he couldn't just pick any of us off. 

Then Hilda hit him with a hammer. 

The poison was a minor issue, half of your characters can heal or you can just give them items that heal. I used Balthus to heal Yuri and Yuri to heal Balthus over and over until someone could get to them. 

Edited by Quillmonger

You can either go around while keeping the Ashen Wolves out of harm(I don't believe they get attacked if they never move), or put retribution(it's on Ashe's battalion) on people and let them kill the first three bolting mages at once(or one by one if you prefer). They're really the only true problem of that map. There's one more behind but on his own he can't do quite as much damage, obviously.

Don't worry too much about the 10 damage, it only happens on turn 1. Also you can take your time, 20 turns is more than you'll need.

Edited by Cysx

Hapi and Constance can get out of range of the enemies pretty easily, Constance has heaps of free space out of their range. Hapi has one space out of the danger area she can get to on turn 1, but she can move up and join Constance by about turn 3. When I played, at least, the only enemies that ever bothered them were a couple of armoured knights, who really weren’t an issue.

Yuri and Balthus I found struggled more turn 1. The strat I used was to send Balthus towards Yuri. Instead of going straight up as far as he could go, I sent him straight up 5 spaces then left 1 space. Yuri moved 1 space left and used foul play, then cantoed up next to Balthus. Both of them then got attacked by 1 warrior each, whom they were able to survive and kill on player phase. After that, nobody else bothered them.

As others have said, retribution was handy as hell to get rid of the bolting mages. I split my party up so I wouldn’t have to run back and forth blocking the vortexes. Once you get rid of the boltings and block all vortexes, the boss is fairly easy.

Oh, and make sure you have a couple concoctions on each of the Ashen Wolves to counteract the poison damage. That gets annoying after a while.