Julia Re-recruitment question

Fraven Pooth

I'm at the end of chapter 9, and i want to make getting Julia back as easy as possible. Right now all she has is a broken Thunder tome, will she still get/use the Lightning tome if the broken Thunder is all she has? The Thunder tome only had 1 use after the arena this chapter, wish i hadnt broken it so i could be sure :/.

Also, she wont grab Nosferatu from her storage, will she?

23 minutes ago, AyraXLex said:

I'm at the end of chapter 9, and i want to make getting Julia back as easy as possible. Right now all she has is a broken Thunder tome, will she still get/use the Lightning tome if the broken Thunder is all she has? The Thunder tome only had 1 use after the arena this chapter, wish i hadnt broken it so i could be sure :/.

Also, she wont grab Nosferatu from her storage, will she?

I believe Julia gets a Fire tome by default if she has no weapons when captured. Not sure what happens if she has a broken Thunder tome, maybe it'll get fixed, but I can't confirm that.

Pretty sure she won't be getting Aura/Nosferatu if she wasn't holding to them.

I'm not sure...  Reason I say this is because Byron uses a broken Tyrfing in combat if he's unfortunate enough to be caught by the enemy, so it isn't like NPCs are incapable of using broken weapons.  I can't imagine if she had a broken thunder tome that it'd either auto-fix itself or that she'd get a replacement weapon for it, even if she had weapons in storage.  Then again, broken tomes function differently from broken physical weapons, so I have no frickin' clue.  I guess you get to be the first person to test this and report how it went, buddy, how lucky.

Unless she somehow got a weapon that had a 50+ kill count on it, I wouldn't worry too much about Julia killing anyone.  Hell, I'd almost propose trying to manipulate her AI into chasing down Seliph, because Seliph laughs off magic damage like it's nothing (assuming he didn't get RNG screwed in Res).  Then again, if she actually ends up without the ability to use a weapon (because I don't think one can use broken tomes), her AI will probably instead try to head straight for the nearest player-controlled castle to attempt to seize it.

On 2/17/2020 at 6:19 PM, Tetragrammaton said:

Broken tome is unusable so her only choice is the Lightning tome.

I gave her a Fire tome, and she didn't get Lightning. I guess I did forget how harmless she is, even if she had gotten the Lightning tome though.

Side note: I had her buy the Magic, Speed, and Barrier(whatever) Rings. I surrounded her with Charisma and Seliph - she proc'd Adept and ORKO'd Julius :D. She was already level 30 from staff abuse which is why I worried about her as an enemy in the first place.