• Constance
    • Hapi
    • Manuela
    • Flayn
    • Catherine
    • Shamir
    • Anna

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2020 at 08:15 AM

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Old habits die hard. Though on a more serious note, I could have used any of the late game Maddening maps to make the same point (that Constance doesn’t need +60 Hit for Bolting to hit things). The list of BE Maddening mode stats here seems to be mostly consistent with that. I just lead with the BL map because it’s the one I have on hand. 

I didn’t look at endgame enemies stats so I wanted +60 hit to be sure. Now that I’ve looked at the BE list I’d say +60 hit is required (whether it’s Bolting or Aura Knuckles).

I’m currently on SS so I’d talk about it. The endgame’s heroes and falcon knights have 67 and 78 avoid respectively. BL’s endgame enemies have really low avoid in comparison. If I were to build a glass cannon I’d want to make sure I can ORKO these heroes and falcon knights. The latter may require some stat boosters/rally magic for Constance to punch it to death but it’s still achievable.

3 hours ago, Flere210 said:

So if i can prove that my build can oneshot a fortress knight on GD final map, it's 99% likely that it can oneshot every other feneric unit in the game once it get it's gear spinning 

Things are a bit different for magic glass cannons. The magic equivalent of fortress knight seems to be falcon knight.

4 minutes ago, Wishblade said:

I didn’t look at endgame enemies stats so I wanted +60 hit to be sure. Now that I’ve looked at the BE list I’d say +60 hit is required (whether it’s Bolting or Aura Knuckles).

I’m currently on SS so I’d talk about it. The endgame’s heroes and falcon knights have 67 and 78 avoid respectively. BL’s endgame enemies have really low avoid in comparison. If I were to build a glass cannon I’d want to make sure I can ORKO these heroes and falcon knights. The latter may require some stat boosters/rally magic for Constance to punch it to death but it’s still achievable.

Just to clarify, the Avoid stat given there is for physical attacks, not magical ones. Magic Avoid is calculated from ( (Speed + Luck) / 2 ) + Skills +/- Battalions. So a Hero in Chapter 21 has 58 Magic Avoid, and a Falcon Knight has 60.5 Magic Avoid (Battalion ones have 65.5). That would give DF!Constance with Uncanny Blow roughly a 77% Hit rate against Heroes and 70% at worst against Falcon Knights. That's certainly more inaccurate than in BL's endgame, but I wouldn't call 30 more Hit required, especially when you have to give up flight + Canto for it. You could certainly make a stronger case for Gremory/War Cleric on this route, though. 

10 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Best Class for Ashen Wolves mid-term results:

• Yuri - Trickster (52.94%)
  • Balthus - War Master (61.76%)
  • Constance - Dark Flier (52.94%)
  • Hapi - Valkyrie (38.24%), Gremory (26.47%)
  • Anna - Trickster (58.82%)

These are what I voted for too (with Hapi as a Valkyrie) but given Hapi's Crest and Faith list I think Gremory may be better in the long run. I actually took Constance from War Cleric to Gremory myself (and was surprised that the former is something she herself asked for) so plan to give her her canon class next time.

Does the Assassin have a good Mag growth rate? I went Thief -> Assassin -> Trickster for Yuri and found that he loves the Levin Sword. Restore and Silence are also amazing, but I may go with Assassin again for variety next time too. I also think Dromi would be the perfect accessory for a Dancer, whether or not you use Yuri himself (besides, the Aubin Crest is a NG+ reward after every route IIRC, right?)

Balthus is definitely best as War Master and...I admit I never got around to using Anna. She's good with Axes and Flying, so has anyone tried Wyvern Lord on her?

Best Class for Ashen Wolves Final results:

• Yuri - Trickster (53.85%)
  • Balthus - War Master (58.97%)
  • Constance - Dark Flier (53.85%)
  • Hapi - Valkyrie (38.46%), Gremory (23.08%)
  • Anna - Trickster (64.10%)

Best Units for Each Abyssian Class will begin shortly.

Don't you think there are too many options to have a definitive "best per Class" poll? Maybe this is just me being indecisive, but perhaps a multiple choice poll would be better (or at least a "top 3/ 5 per Class" one)?

Either way, I look forward to the results!

30 minutes ago, iavasechui said:

I’m still annoyed they went for Valkyrie and not Mage Knight I wanted that class for Lorenz so bad

Same. It would arguably be Hubert's best class, if he could get it. Linhardt, Sylvain, and Hanneman would all appreciate it, too.

Anyway, I said Trickster Manuela (half-spell-count is fine if you only need 1 Warp), War Monk Byleth (only Balthus also has both proficiencies, and he's better in physical), Dark Flier Annette (might be her best option on non-BL - that is to say, Crusher-less - routes), and Valkyrie Hapi (no other female unit is strong in both Riding and Reason).

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Don't you think there are too many options to have a definitive "best per Class" poll? Maybe this is just me being indecisive, but perhaps a multiple choice poll would be better (or at least a "top 3/ 5 per Class" one)?

Either way, I look forward to the results!

I rather want to force a limit to the number of votes per person. The current voting system doesn't allow that for multiple choices

Still voting for War Cleric Constance.

If you’re going to use gauntlets, Grappler > War Monk for all males. It’s pointless to develop faith, as you can’t smash faith into the enemies’ skulls. Go full physical and achieve brawl S+ in either Grappler or War Master (edit: I typed this as War Monk and nobody noticed). The only point of War Monk is to get the brawl avoid +20 and it doesn’t make sense as an endgame class.

Constance is the only one who can unleash War Cleric’s full potential (except brawl avoid +20, or anything defensive), regardless of the opinion that this may not be her best class. She’s the only mage strong in brawling, giving her access to Aura Knuckles. It’s locked to 1 range, but you can’t deny its high destructive power. She can also use Pneuma Gale, a magic attack, effectively. Pneuma Gale is basically Sagittae with infinite use considering the high durability of gauntlets. Use it with Dragon Claws and you get an upgraded Seraphim.

Edited by Wishblade

Trickster - I’d say Yuri. His Boon in Reason makes Fiendish Blow easily achievable to help dish out good damage with a Levin Sword+, and the Authority Boon is nice to have in tandem with a class with low Skill requirements. Silence and Recover are decent enough utility spells, but Yuri isn’t particularly gimped by only having half uses on spells. 

War Monk/Cleric - Byleth has an okay Magic stat to use Pneuma Gale, I guess? Not many good candidates for this class, imo. 

Dark Flier - Constance. She has the right Skill proficiencies and benefits pretty nicely from flight. 

Valkyrie - Hapi, probably. This one doesn’t matter as much since I don’t think any unit who can go Valkyrie wants to stay there the whole game. 

On 2/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, Jayvee94 said:

I rather want to force a limit to the number of votes per person. The current voting system doesn't allow that for multiple choices

Ah, okay. The nature of voting also means we'll get a top three selection for each Class anyway, so I'm happy 🙂

I have to apologize in advance as I feel the need to alert everyone on the midterm results.

Best Characters for Each Abyssian (DLC) Class - Midterm Results

• Trickser: Yuri (43.75%), Manuela (25%)
  • War Monk/Cleric: Byleth (31.25%), Balthus (25%)[, Annete (12.5%)]
  • Dark Flyer: Constance (31.25%), Marianne (25%)[, Flayn (18.75%)]
  • Valkyrie: Lysithea (37.5%), Hapi (37.5%)
Edited by Jayvee94

I am greatly saddened by the fact that nobody is voting for War Cleric Constance. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

This is my current Constance on maddening SS. Try to name someone who can do better in this class.

Spoiler: post-timeskip Ashen Wolves

Spoiler

alottadamage.thumb.jpg.813dc02aab15150c8dae6cfc32322807.jpg

A summary of this, in case you don’t want to see spoiler, is that War Cleric Constance deleted a monster with a quad. (Well, she didn’t actually delete it. It’s just a forecast of the monster’s inevitable doom.)

She is also the only competent user of Pneuma Gale. Mine is basically OHKO’ing everybody in her path.

Edited by Wishblade

Ingrid is a really good dark flier on the merit, she has really good speed growth, okay magic growth and strong ability to learn flying. Dark flier will boast Ingrid good speed growth and Ingrid strong ability to learn flying. Ingrid's high speed combine with Ingrid dark flier implies she could perform double magic attacks on most enemy units and still dodge countless attacks.

6 hours ago, Wishblade said:

I am greatly saddened by the fact that nobody is voting for War Cleric Constance. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

This is my current Constance on maddening SS. Try to name someone who can do better in this class.

Spoiler: post-timeskip Ashen Wolves

Reveal hidden contents

alottadamage.thumb.jpg.813dc02aab15150c8dae6cfc32322807.jpg

A summary of this, in case you don’t want to see spoiler, is that War Cleric Constance deleted a monster with a quad. (Well, she didn’t actually delete it. It’s just a forecast of the monster’s inevitable doom.)

She is also the only competent user of Pneuma Gale. Mine is basically OHKO’ing everybody in her path.

What the hell did you expect, it's a gimmick. And those people are admitting that it would be a wtfmassive opportunity cost to sacrifice Bolting for that. Besides, what's hidden in the spoiler is unimpressive considering that it's a giant demonic beast, which folds to any remotely competent magic attacker because they have shit speed and resistance.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What the hell did you expect, it's a gimmick. And those people are admitting that it would be a wtfmassive opportunity cost to sacrifice Bolting for that. Besides, what's hidden in the spoiler is unimpressive considering that it's a giant demonic beast, which folds to any remotely competent magic attacker because they have shit speed and resistance.

What you have said is actually irrelevant to the discussion because the topic is whether Constance is the best War Cleric and not whether War Cleric is Constance’s best class.

Edited by Wishblade

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Okay, then who do you think is the best War Cleric, and why? It’s not productive to respond as you did without making any effort to engage with the topic at hand. 

Edited by ApocaLips

Upon another NG playthrough with middling magic and strength growths, I'd change my dancer answer to Yuri. The more I use him, the more I realize he is just an inferior flier girl (Ingrid, Petra, Leonie) that is stuck on the ground because alert stance+ is a pain with his flying bane... so he fills a niche as a dancer that fully utilizes fetters and sword avoid/dance... or probably warms the bench because this is one of the worst games for dancers in the series. Foul play is his most useful action most of the time as trickster, and that is situational as is. Easily the most meh unit of the DLC, with Balthus being basically a better Dedue late game, Constance being the best black magic user in the game (and aura knuckle user), and Hapi having utility for days.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:44 AM, ApocaLips said:

Okay, then who do you think is the best War Cleric, and why? It’s not productive to respond as you did without making any effort to engage with the topic at hand. 

No one, because War Monk/Cleric isn't a good class. Well, that, and if by some trick of fate they are a good War Monk/Cleric, they're even better in another class. Such is the cruel reality of hybrid classes. Most units are worse off in one than they would be in a pure physical or pure magical class. If you have a good spell list, either you're too weak to do anything with gauntlets or you have spells that you're better off doubling the usage of, OR both are the case at the same time. If you're good in Brawling, you have a poor spell list and possibly a poor magic growth to go with it. The issue is further exacerbated since IIRC, War Monk/Cleric only gets half the spell uses, like the Noble and Commoner classes. About the only good thing about it is the mastery ability, which I could take to Grappler or War Master. The end result is a class that's really awkward to qualify for, even harder to find a unit that's good in it that wouldn't be better in another class, and makes Mortal Savant look good. Long story short, I expected better, considering it's a DLC class, and being the best War Monk/Cleric is as noteworthy an accomplishment as being the best cat in Radiant Dawn, aka, it's not much of one.