• Constance
    • Hapi
    • Manuela
    • Flayn
    • Catherine
    • Shamir
    • Anna

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2020 at 08:15 AM

White magic is always useful, if your gauntlet unit does no need crits or FIF to kill thing you may as well put them in War Monk so that they can get some extra exp by healing the turns they are not attacking(because let's face it, raphael is not gonna heal more than an handful of HP).

Also is the only option for a female gauntlet user, such as Byleth or Catherine.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

No one, because War Monk/Cleric isn't a good class. Well, that, and if by some trick of fate they are a good War Monk/Cleric, they're even better in another class. Such is the cruel reality of hybrid classes. Most units are worse off in one than they would be in a pure physical or pure magical class. If you have a good spell list, either you're too weak to do anything with gauntlets or you have spells that you're better off doubling the usage of, OR both are the case at the same time. If you're good in Brawling, you have a poor spell list and possibly a poor magic growth to go with it. The issue is further exacerbated since IIRC, War Monk/Cleric only gets half the spell uses, like the Noble and Commoner classes. About the only good thing about it is the mastery ability, which I could take to Grappler or War Master. The end result is a class that's really awkward to qualify for, even harder to find a unit that's good in it that wouldn't be better in another class, and makes Mortal Savant look good. Long story short, I expected better, considering it's a DLC class, and being the best War Monk/Cleric is as noteworthy an accomplishment as being the best cat in Radiant Dawn, aka, it's not much of one.

That’s still irrelevant because what you’ve mentioned didn’t consider the fact that Constance can be simultaneously best at 2 or more different classes. (Though I personally voted for Dark Flier Flayn)

Anyway, whatever you do is too much effort so you can stop reading. I started training Constance’s brawl at around level 10 and she reached A by the time she reached level 20. (My Byleth’s brawl is B.) Is training Constance’s 5 different skills with 3 of them being strengths too much effort? Perhaps? She has already reached brawl S+, reason A, faith B, authority A and riding B by my SS chapter 19. I may have acquired brawl S+ around 2 chapters earlier than expected due to NG+ and DLC, but it’s worth the effort and also doable in maddening NG. She’s a gem in my current playthrough, because, for whatever reason, SS decides to reduce my deployment slot by 1. War Cleric Constance helped by having the firepower of 2 mages herself.

You seem to have said ORKO’ing these giants beasts is an “unimpressive” thing because most mages can delete it. That is true if you don’t consider the beasts’ immense HP. You need 95x2 on a mage to delete it without a crit, which is impractical, or in your words, too much effort. That puts War Cleric Constance in the equivalence of 2 mages. (Mag stat boosters are also doubly as effective)

And, unexpectedly, War Cleric’s +40% HP growth gave Constance some bulk. She was able to take Titanus’s counterattack without actually dying.

War Monk/Cleric is a trash class. I agree with an exception. Almost none can retain the firepower they should have acquired in another class except for Constance, who goes even further. Constance is the best War Cleric and nothing can change my mind.

Edited by Wishblade

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

No one

That’s a non-answer and again entirely unproductive. I happen to agree with you that War Cleric is a shit class, you shouldn’t put anyone in it, and putting Constance in that class is a phenomenal waste of her capabilities. But the topic at hand is who makes the best one, not should you use it.

I’m sure you can understand that there are some people who want to try new content, even if it isn’t necessarily optimal, and thus want to discuss who would be a good fit for that new content. Picking at pieces of posts to make a point unrelated to the discussion isn’t a good use of anyone’s time, including yours. 

I understand people are talking about how bad War Monk/Cleric is. However, I want you consider Brawl Avoid +20. It's good for builds which uses Gauntlets (including Aura Knuckles). Additionally, those with low strength and at least middling attack speed will appreciate the permanent Strength boost allowing for more frequent quads.

That said, you don't have to stay in that class. Have any of you guys seen how War Monks/Clerics class magic? Balthus does this "Jin KaZama" Stance after he heals

Edited by Jayvee94

If we’re talking about brawl avoid +20, Felix would be the best user since he is the fastest brawler. It would be easier to delete Bolting or Meteor mages with Tomebreaker and Retribution.

About the combat animation... There is one blessed (read: cursed) thing I must mention: Trickster Marianne. The way she uses magic breaks her character in a “gone, reduced to atoms” manner. This isn’t Marianne... She is the best (read: worst) Trickster in this sense.

Edited by Wishblade

3 hours ago, Wishblade said:

About the combat animation... There is one blessed (read: cursed) thing I must mention: Trickster Marianne. The way she uses magic breaks her character in a “gone, reduced to atoms” manner. This isn’t Marianne... She is the best (read: worst) Trickster in this sense.

I was asking about War Monk/Cleric animations

Best Characters for Each Abyssian (DLC) Class Final Results

Trickster

• Yuri - 45.83%
  • Manuela - 16.67%
  • Honorable Mentions: Byleth - 8.33%, Marianne - 8.33%, Anna - 8.33%

War Monk

• Byleth - 25%
  • Balthus - 25%
  • Catherine - 12.5%
  • Honorable Mentions: Annette - 8.33%, Constance - 8.33%

Dark Flier

• Constance - 25%
  • Lysithea - 20.83%
  • Marianne - 20.83%

Valkyrie

• Lysithea - 37.5%
  • Marianne - 25%
  • Hapi - 25%

On 2/28/2020 at 7:17 AM, Wishblade said:

I am greatly saddened by the fact that nobody is voting for War Cleric Constance. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

This is my current Constance on maddening SS. Try to name someone who can do better in this class.

Spoiler: post-timeskip Ashen Wolves

Hide contents

alottadamage.thumb.jpg.813dc02aab15150c8dae6cfc32322807.jpg

A summary of this, in case you don’t want to see spoiler, is that War Cleric Constance deleted a monster with a quad. (Well, she didn’t actually delete it. It’s just a forecast of the monster’s inevitable doom.)

She is also the only competent user of Pneuma Gale. Mine is basically OHKO’ing everybody in her path.

I made mine a War Cleric for the lulz because she had a budding talent in brawling, but now I feel I should really take it more seriously. A bad Class or no, this seems pretty fun!