Need help from Tear Ring Saga fans

I don't know anything about any of the Tear Ring Saga game and plan to make a segment of what your favorite fire emblem game says about you

For instance

"Fire Emblem Thracia 776: You love the fact that staffs could miss, you love the fact that staffs could double, you love the fact that staffs in heroes are really good, you love staffs so much you married one, and you love the brutal difficulty"

What would be examples of funny stereo types of

Tear Ring Saga:

Berwick Saga:

Vestaria Saga:

Thank you in advance

Tear Ring Saga: "You're only playing this because Kaga made it. You have to admit that it has a ton of flaws, but something about pure, unfiltered Kaga is just so much fun to you that you love the game in spite of them. You enjoy telling everybody that FE7 is a bad ripoff of TRS. You hate milk. Eugen is the best character in games."

Berwick Saga: "You call yourself a KagaSaga fan rather than a FE fan, and you consider BWS to be a masterpiece that is better than any FE despite the fact that you barely understand it. You know that BWS and FE have very little in common, but you cannot think of any other place to talk about the game, so you just shoehorn it into FE discussions. You laugh whenever somebody says that Thracia 776 was Kaga's magnum opus, and present a ten paragraph essay on why it's BWS instead. You love pointing out how everything good that FE does, BWS did first. Loving a game so obscure and complicated makes you feel important."

Vestaria Saga: "You enjoy spending a whole day on a single map. You praise Kaga for saves every 5 turns while bashing modern FE for stuff like divine pulse. You pray that the game sold well enough to justify translating the rest of the series (despite the fact that the chances of that are low) because you're afraid that you won't ever get any resolution on the twelve cliffhangers the game ends on. You love how vulgar and crass the game's dialogue can get. Theodel is the second best character in games."

Based on my personal experience with the games.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Berwick Saga: "You call yourself a KagaSaga fan rather than a FE fan, and you consider BWS to be a masterpiece that is better than any FE despite the fact that you barely understand it. You know that BWS and FE have very little in common, but you cannot think of any other place to talk about the game, so you just shoehorn it into FE discussions. You laugh whenever somebody says that Thracia 776 was Kaga's magnum opus, and present a ten paragraph essay on why it's BWS instead. You love pointing out how everything good that FE does, BWS did first. Loving a game so obscure and complicated makes you feel important."

Vestaria Saga: "You enjoy spending a whole day on a single map. You praise Kaga for saves every 5 turns while bashing modern FE for stuff like divine pulse. You pray that the game sold well enough to justify translating the rest of the series (despite the fact that the chances of that are low) because you're afraid that you won't ever get any resolution on the twelve cliffhangers the game ends on. You love how vulgar and crass the game's dialogue can get. Theodel is the second best character in games."

These two are perfect. I honestly have no idea what I'd say for TRS but I am a lil hesitant to agree with the one you gave.

5 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I haven’t played it but I’ve heard people sing about its difficulty

Thracia is hard as all hell but worth the long haul.

18 minutes ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

These two are perfect. I honestly have no idea what I'd say for TRS but I am a lil hesitant to agree with the one you gave.

Thracia is hard as all hell but worth the long haul.

It's not that they wouldn't be perfect, but I want a mix of comedy for both FE fans that know about the games and FE fans that dont know about the games

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tear Ring Saga: "You're only playing this because Kaga made it. You have to admit that it has a ton of flaws, but something about pure, unfiltered Kaga is just so much fun to you that you love the game in spite of them. You enjoy telling everybody that FE7 is a bad ripoff of TRS. You hate milk. Eugen is the best character in games."

Based on my personal experience with the games.

Tear Ring Saga: (What I originally came up with) You get the best of both worlds, you don’t get to qualify as a fire emblem fan and you get a kick butt tacticial RPG series, but the number 34 makes you cringe for reasons different than what the internet would believe

Berwick Saga: (What I originally came up with) You have been captured and put in a conservation area as you are an endangered species that must be protected in order for your fandom to hit the triple digits one day, you also appreciate it from being so different to the Tear Ring Saga that you are prone to arguments with them.

Thought i'd ask about my original quotes before I edit my script, do you think I should mix the two together?

8 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Tear Ring Saga: (What I originally came up with) You get the best of both worlds, you don’t get to qualify as a fire emblem fan and you get a kick butt tacticial RPG series, but the number 34 makes you cringe for reasons different than what the internet would believe

Berwick Saga: (What I originally came up with) You have been captured and put in a conservation area as you are an endangered species that must be protected in order for your fandom to hit the triple digits one day, you also appreciate it from being so different to the Tear Ring Saga that you are prone to arguments with them.

Thought i'd ask about my original quotes before I edit my script, do you think I should mix the two together?

The Berwick Saga one works, but the TRS one... not so much, honestly. I've been a fan of TRS for a while now, beaten the game three times, and yet I fail to understand what the 34 tidbit is supposed to mean. Is it because of map 34? There are far worse maps in the game, that one's pretty rad actually. Could you please explain?

8 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

That's fair so long as we can at least agree that Eugen is the best character in games, otherwise you've made a powerf... uh, an enemy!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Berwick Saga one works, but the TRS one... not so much, honestly. I've been a fan of TRS for a while now, beaten the game three times, and yet I fail to understand what the 34 tidbit is supposed to mean. Is it because of map 34? There are far worse maps in the game, that one's pretty rad actually. Could you please explain?

That's fair so long as we can at least agree that Eugen is the best character in games, otherwise you've made a powerf... uh, an enemy!

The 34 was supposed to be a gag at chapter 34 being very difficult apparently

34 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

The 34 was supposed to be a gag at chapter 34 being very difficult apparently

It is difficult, but really not enough to warrant the gag, in my opinion. Which is a shame, the pun is pretty neat, but oh well. Try something like "you laugh when people say that Gaiden's swamp maps are the worst". Doing this game's swamps legitimately is torture.

Actually, you know what? Keep the original joke, but change "the number 34" to "the word milk". The milk moment is the most infamous part of the game, and for good reason (though maybe not the one you're thinking). You just can't have TRS without the milk. It's something every TRS player will doubtlessly recognize, so yeah. Please do that, if you will.

On 2/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, AvatarofDiscord said:

I haven’t played it but I’ve heard people sing about its difficulty

It would be better to say it is aggressively unfriendly to new players. Once you have some experience with how Thracia works, it no longer feels like the hardest Fire Emblem.

19 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

This one is only a few months from being outdated. Aethin is getting really close to completing the first Berwick Saga translation, and when he does the number of fans of this game may well skyrocket.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This one is only a few months from being outdated. Aethin is getting really close to completing the first Berwick Saga translation, and when he does the number of fans of this game may well skyrocket.

Berwick Saga surpassing Three Houses in popularity. The chance of that happening is exactly 0%, but I would die happy if it did. Heck, they could torture me for days before killing me and I still would die with the biggest shit-eating grin.

Nonetheless, it's going to be great to see more people experiencing that masterpiece. Not that I really care for such irrelevant trifles as "other people". All I know is that I need to play through Berwick Saga again and it's taking all of my willpower to wait for the first release.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, you know what? Keep the original joke, but change "the number 34" to "the word milk". The milk moment is the most infamous part of the game, and for good reason (though maybe not the one you're thinking). You just can't have TRS without the milk. It's something every TRS player will doubtlessly recognize, so yeah. Please do that, if you will.

I can attest to this. Every single player of TRS knows the milk moment(s). Oh good lord the milk.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how your line on how his line would soon be outdated became outdated less than a day after you wrote it.

I have never been more glad to be wrong! Finally the time has come to play through Berwick Saga with no worry that I will rush down to the end of the translation.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have never been more glad to be wrong! Finally the time has come to play through Berwick Saga with no worry that I will rush down to the end of the translation.

I did that, and believe me, it's been a painful year.

Go ahead and enjoy it! It's an absolutely magnificent game. Although it might be a little difficult to understand at first (I know it was, for me), before long it all just... clicks, and then it's like riding a bicycle - you never forget how to do it.

13 hours ago, Tenders said:

Any thing to save turns. Am I right fellas?

Kaga would test the limits of an LTCer's morality. In a morbid way, I've got to say, it's kind of brilliant.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I did that, and believe me, it's been a painful year.

Go ahead and enjoy it! It's an absolutely magnificent game. Although it might be a little difficult to understand at first (I know it was, for me), before long it all just... clicks, and then it's like riding a bicycle - you never forget how to do it.

Let me guess I need to change my Berwick Saga gag

14 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Do you mean complex as in gameplay, story, or its creation?

I mean, pretty much all of those things are complex when it comes to Berwick Saga. It's very complex, generally.

Really, what Eclipse said is correct. I don't mean to pretend that I'm some comedy genius, but, as a big fan of these games, I provided an example above, which was later endorsed (for the most part) by another big fan of these games. Either take it (at least parts of it) or go and look into the matter yourself so you can properly make something on your own.

With all due respect, doing only the bare minimum of research is how you end up with stuff like "Thracia is brutally hard" and "chapter 34 is the most infamous thing about TRS, totally never heard of any milk-related incidents". People who truly know the games will only either scoff at your attempt (like Ablast9 in his reply above) or be utterly confused (as I was).

...I kinda feel like I'm being too mean, so, in order to not look like I'm just here to rant at you, here are a handful of examples of (in my opinion) generally infamous things about these games. They should be a good place to start:

TRS: Milk, the completely unbalanced Verje choice, broken witch you get by killing off a unit... milk... I cannot stress it enough, look into the milk moment. You can't talk about TRS and not mention the milk.

BWS: Hexagons, difficult-to-grasp gameplay, awful hitrates at the beginning, Derrick.

VS: Incredibly long maps, bad graphics, half the weapons are brave, all the cliffhangers.

Good luck with the completion of your project! Share it when it's done, will you?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, pretty much all of those things are complex when it comes to Berwick Saga. It's very complex, generally.

Really, what Eclipse said is correct. I don't mean to pretend that I'm some comedy genius, but, as a big fan of these games, I provided an example above, which was later endorsed (for the most part) by another big fan of these games. Either take it (at least parts of it) or go and look into the matter yourself so you can properly make something on your own.

With all due respect, doing only the bare minimum of research is how you end up with stuff like "Thracia is brutally hard" and "chapter 34 is the most infamous thing about TRS, totally never heard of any milk-related incidents". People who truly know the games will only either scoff at your attempt (like Ablast9 in his reply above) or be utterly confused (as I was).

...I kinda feel like I'm being too mean, so, in order to not look like I'm just here to rant at you, here are a handful of examples of (in my opinion) generally infamous things about these games. They should be a good place to start:

TRS: Milk, the completely unbalanced Verje choice, broken witch you get by killing off a unit... milk... I cannot stress it enough, look into the milk moment. You can't talk about TRS and not mention the milk.

BWS: Hexagons, difficult-to-grasp gameplay, awful hitrates at the beginning, Derrick.

VS: Incredibly long maps, bad graphics, half the weapons are brave, all the cliffhangers.

Good luck with the completion of your project! Share it when it's done, will you?

Will do and thanks