What do you think about a historical Koei-IS game?

lecongvu

Koei has a long history making turn-based historical games, not only with their Nobunaga's Ambition series, but also titles like Söldnerschild and Liberty or Death. So what do you think about a Koei-IS historical game? Koei's strategy games tend to have slow combat (but good simulation) in my opinion, so a bit of influences from Fire Emblem and Nintendo Wars could be a good thing. I imagine something like a new Oda Nobunaga Den with better map design and more combat elements.

And this hypothetical games can be very character-focused, too. Koei actually makes a good number of history-inspired Otome games. Too bad that most of them haven't been translated.

Edited by lecongvu

Too much about Macro, too little about on the field strategy. It's a personal preference thing. Combing a game good at one with the other is a pipe dream that's been afflicting both strategy games and tactical games for a decade and a half.

I mean, Pokemon Conquest for NDS was a thing, so I'm sure Nobunaga's Ambition + Fire Emblem would work out somehow. Not sure how big of a part I'd like IS to play in this kind of collab. Tbh I'd just like more Fire Emblem, be it spin-offs or crossovers. 

I'd be into it but the idea is very much a pipe dream. In comparison to their Warriors titles Koei's strategy games are incredibly niche. If Nintendo wants to do crossovers with Koei they would likely insist on the more profitable Warriors branch. 

Its a shame. Koei's strategy games hold a nice middle ground where they have more political options than Total War while not so many that they become completely terrifying to deal with like with Paradox games.