Plot Twists & Turns You Think the Story Would've Been Better Without

vanguard333

8 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Ultimate

When did they kill off Luigi in either of these? Especially since everything that happens in Super Smash Bros. isn't canon to any series.

Also, Smash Wii U doesn't even have a Story Mode, meaning that your ramblings make no sense.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Well then, I guess I won't be playing FF Tactics Advance anytime soon. 😛

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Smash Wii U doesn't even have a Story Mode, meaning that your ramblings make no sense.

There's a Mr. L trophy and spirit. Also, please keep your replies in spoilers

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
clarification

57 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

There's a Mr. L trophy and spirit.

Neither of which mean that Luigi is dead. Also, trophies and spirits are just collectables, not plot points.

57 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Also, please keep your replies in spoilers

Nothing that you've said about Mr. L has anything to do with the plot of Super Smash Bros, ergo, there is no need for spoiler tags.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

On 2/18/2020 at 8:43 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

the other is a joke villain, another is a coward

I'm a fairly big Star Wars fan, and it took me way too long to remember that the second one was Phasma. I still don't know which one she is though, because honestly both her and Hux can be considered in either category.

Anyway, my actual contribution:

Octopath Traveler (specifically Ophelia's story)

Spoiler

The twist at the end that Mattias, the amicable (if a little philosophical) merchant that keeps popping up during Ophilia's story, is actually the leader of a cult and the final boss. To be clear, I don't have a problem with the twist itself, I just think making it a twist was a mistake. Had he been known to be a villain all along, it would have resulted in two things: 1) Ophilia's chapter 2 could have been rewritten to add more relevance to her overall plot, instead of being a dedicated filler chapter, and 2) the (imo) hypest final boss of all 8 of them would have been even more hype had her entire story been built up to it.

• 2 months later...

Twilight Princess's villain switchup.

Spoiler

Ganondorf being the true villain of Twilight Princess instead of Zant. Could we have not had a different villain than Ganon one time, NIntendo? It just seemed like a cheap way of reinforcing the eternal conflict between Link, Zelda, and Ganon rather than creatively developing a new antagonist to take his place.

Edited by twilitfalchion

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Twilight Princess's villain switchup.

Hide contents

Ganondorf being the true villain of Twilight Princess instead of Zant. Could we have not had a different villain than Ganon one time, NIntendo? It just seemed like a cheap way of reinforcing the eternal conflict between Link, Zelda, and Ganon rather than creatively developing a new antagonist to take his place.

I actually made a thread about that. I agree that the twist about Ganon being the "true villain" and Zant being a clown instead of calm and collected, were bad twists. 

However, I do think that Ganondorf's inclusion was not a bad idea. I think that what they should've done for Twilight Princess was have Zant and Ganondorf as a Big Bad Duumvirate:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigBadDuumvirate

Basically, imagine if, for Twilight Princess, both Zant and Ganondorf were equally the main villains of the story, and both had roughly equal presence throughout the game. The idea of two villains working together to further each other's goals would've been brand new for the Zelda series, and I think it could've been very interesting.